Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It’s a hyperbole off one line. Stop trying to nitpick it. Yoda could still be the best. There could be others that are in his level. We don’t know. 
Mace Windu was regarded as the Jedi’s champion. Why can’t this new character be at that same level. It has nothing to do with yoda.  

“the brightest, most noble example of Jedi-hood.” They also describe her as “the best of the best.”

There is no hyperbole here. They just described her as hands down best of the best. 

True Mace Windu was said to be arguably the most powerful but that was because Yoda was never specifically identified as the best Lightwave duelist. It was only said in the movies is he was the wisest of all Jedi. Lucas then clarified later on he was the greatest Jedi Master the order had ever seen. 

So that is George Lucas saying that. Lucas has contradicted himself before and has pondered but nothing here suggests he did the same with Mace Windu. 

Its not that she is Yoda peer that is upsetting people. Its that she is Yoda's superior as suggested by the text when by all accounts Yoda at this time should be in his absolute prime. Windu was not not Yoda's superior he was arguably on par with Yoda due to his authority and lightsaber skills but he still deferred much of his judgment to what Yoda wanted. Such as when Yoda gave Obi Wan permission to train Anakin after Windu and the rest of the council told him no.

I mean why are you guys just so OK with w/e they want to put into these movies and shows. I mean do yall not have any boundaries or standards that Star Wars should stand by? Would it be OK if every person in the galaxy were able to use a lightsaber no problem? Would it be OK if the Borg invaded? What if the secret to using the force is just farie dust and thinking happy thoughts? Que the nod to go see the live action Peter Pan movie they wanted to slip in there. I mean anything?

• Like 1

Baby Yoda is 50 years old and still a baby. Hard to gauge Yoda years, but at 100 they are likely toddlers, at 200 children, at 500 teens, at 700 (around when this takes place) he would just be becoming an adult, just coming into his own. 

Honestly, ya'll just want to be mad. You like it. 

Is Star Wars Rebels worth watching?  Are new episodes still being made?  I'm really getting sick of Clone Wars and I just want to continue with the movies.

There are like 3 out of 10 episodes that are even worth watching that add anything to the entire saga I feel. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Star Wars Rebels worth watching?  Are new episodes still being made?  I'm really getting sick of Clone Wars and I just want to continue with the movies.

There are like 3 out of 10 episodes that are even worth watching that add anything to the entire saga I feel. 

Yes, I enjoyed Rebels a lot, but remember it’s still a kids show. No new episodes are being made 

For Clone Wars, I would recommend just watching the key arcs. No reason to watch every episode

There is some crossover characters  between Clone Wars and Rebels 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Baby Yoda is 50 years old and still a baby. Hard to gauge Yoda years, but at 100 they are likely toddlers, at 200 children, at 500 teens, at 700 (around when this takes place) he would just be becoming an adult, just coming into his own. 

For 800 years have I trained Jedi.

Nope.

Are you actually bringing up The Mandalorian to contradict Lucas the All-Powerful? Shame on Deadpulse, shame!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

After investing countless hours into reading the EU novels, playing SWTOR, KOTOR I and II, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight, X-Wing, the original Battlefronts and all other Star Wars games in between, I want stories that are worthy of those.  Characters I can be invested in, stories I can get lost in and sink my teeth into, a world I can get lost in for hundreds of hours.  It wasn't so hard to do something in the Star Wars universe until Disney took it over........as well as giving EA another exclusive license.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After investing countless hours into reading the EU novels, playing SWTOR, KOTOR I and II, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight, X-Wing, the original Battlefronts and all other Star Wars games in between, I want stories that are worthy of those.  Characters I can be invested in, stories I can get lost in and sink my teeth into, a world I can get lost in for hundreds of hours.  It wasn't so hard to do something in the Star Wars universe until Disney took it over........as well as giving EA another exclusive license.  

That's fine. There is like zero info on these stories but there still seems to be a lot of animosity. Side note, the current run of Star Wars comics have been great. The character causing all the uproar will be featured in a new comic run. If it is anything like the titles they have already released, I have no reason to think it will be bad. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Acgott said:

Yes, I enjoyed Rebels a lot, but remember it’s still a kids show. No new episodes are being made 

For Clone Wars, I would recommend just watching the key arcs. No reason to watch every episode

There is some crossover characters  between Clone Wars and Rebels 

As much as I want to, I can't skip episodes.  Whenever it's a stupid episode I just get on my phone. 

I'll end up watching Rebels I'm sure.  That's where the Obi Wan and Darth Maul fight is, right? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As much as I want to, I can't skip episodes.  Whenever it's a stupid episode I just get on my phone. 

I'll end up watching Rebels I'm sure.  That's where the Obi Wan and Darth Maul fight is, right? 

Lol, good luck with those 3 episode story arcs focused around jar jar or Padmé. Where are you at in the series?

Rebels has some amazing Star Wars moments (including my favorite battle), but the better obi wan/maul fights are in Clone Wars. Do not go into Rebels seeking their battle out with expectations.

Just now, Acgott said:

Lol, good luck with those 3 episode story arcs focused around jar jar or Padmé. Where are you at in the series?

Rebels has some amazing Star Wars moments (including my favorite battle), but the better obi wan/maul fights are in Clone Wars. Do not go into Rebels seeking their battle out with expectations.

Yeah, those Jar Jar episodes were rough UNLESS you're like me and refuse to let down the theory that Jar Jar is secretly a Sith Lord manipulating things even now after Rey. 

Who would suspect such an obnoxious idiot? 

I've been watching it in chronological order, which is an absolute pain in the ****.  I'm finally at the point where I can just go for a season and a half without jumping between seasons and episodes.  Season 3, episode 14. 

I get to go through the rest of season three and all of season 4 without jumping. 

This Savage arc I'm on right now I'm not the biggest fan of.  I feel like they should have just went with Darth Maul reveal here.  Savage Opress is a lame name, and his story is lame and it's a lot like a soap opera.  Darth Maul's brother?  Not a fan, but whatever. 

I'm mostly in this whole thing for Obi Wan and Ahsoka.  The whole series is worth watching for Ahsoka alone in my opinion.  Would love it if the Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka in The Mandalorian season two are true.  She seems like a perfect choice for an adult Ahsoka. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, those Jar Jar episodes were rough UNLESS you're like me and refuse to let down the theory that Jar Jar is secretly a Sith Lord manipulating things even now after Rey. 

I've been watching it in chronological order, which is an absolute pain in the ****.  I'm finally at the point where I can just go for a season and a half without jumping between seasons and episodes.  Season 3, episode 14. 

I get to go through the rest of season three and all of season 4 without jumping. 

This Savage arc I'm on right now I'm not the biggest fan of.  I feel like they should have just went with Darth Maul reveal here.  Savage Opress is a lame name, and his story is lame and it's a lot like a soap opera.  Darth Maul's brother?  Not a fan, but whatever. 

I'm mostly in this whole thing for Obi Wan and Ahsoka.  The whole series is worth watching for Ahsoka alone in my opinion.  Would love it if the Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka in The Mandalorian season two are true.  She seems like a perfect choice for an adult Ahsoka. 

The Sith Lord jar jar theory is definitely intriguing. I would have loved if it’s true.

Savage is alright, he was just used to expand other character arcs which I’m fine with. A dark brute is fun compared, to the other dark users out there.

Ahsoka becomes such a better character once they give her the second blade. Series gets a lot better, and they still have so much to do with her.

Rosario confirmed she’s going to be Ahsoka. We are just waiting for Disney’s confirmation 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

That's fine. There is like zero info on these stories but there still seems to be a lot of animosity. Side note, the current run of Star Wars comics have been great. The character causing all the uproar will be featured in a new comic run. If it is anything like the titles they have already released, I have no reason to think it will be bad. 

The comics, like the cartoon, were not things I could really get into.  I did follow the storylines on Wookieepedia religiously though, especially during the Darth Krayt storyline.  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

George absolutely got cold feet on JarJar.  He was clearly not expecting the backlash, and since everyone knew who Palpatine became, he had to have another swerve/ace up his sleeve/whatever else you want to call it to give the story more depth.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

George absolutely got cold feet on JarJar.  He was clearly not expecting the backlash, and since everyone knew who Palpatine became, he had to have another swerve/ace up his sleeve/whatever else you want to call it to give the story more depth.  

Honestly, the backlash should have made him double down on Darth Jar Jar, it would have been a glorious reveal, and all timer kind of thing had it been done right.  When he is finally revealed have him slowly change his speech pattern and mannerisms as he slides out of character, it could have been a moment celebrated for generations.

• Like 3