Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

So, you guys are telling me nobody wants to watch a West Wing Style mini series set in the Galactic Senate; following a group of up and coming coalition senators and their aids trying to collect enough votes for a multilateral trade deal and infrastructure project within the republic?

Needs some actions scenes in it for me.

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

So, you guys are telling me nobody wants to watch a West Wing Style mini series set in the Galactic Senate; following a group of up and coming coalition senators and their aids trying to collect enough votes for a multilateral trade deal and infrastructure project within the republic?

Thats what the prequels felt like to me

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Scale wise, sure. That doesnt mean the story cant be great. The stakes don't have to be that high to make a compelling story, otherwise fiction would be awfully repetitive. 

I'm not saying it can't. I was just pointing out if they were trying for something like the battle of the Death Star or something like Rogue one they may have to do it on a much smaller scale.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

I mean, in a Star Wars setting, I would find that to be an interesting show.  One of the things I liked about the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica was them trying to figure out the reworkings of their government.  I am sure I am in the minority however. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, animaltested said:

Starring Sheev, Palpatine. 

By day he is the family man politician who can do wrong. 

By night he is scary sith man who goes dancing to find that lady to make the rey plotline make sense. 

Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger of if Palpatine will or won't kill the comic relief Darth Plaguise the wise guy. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Starring Sheev, Palpatine. 

By day he is the family man politician who can do wrong. 

By night he is scary sith man who goes dancing to find that lady to make the rey plotline make sense. 

Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger of if Palpatine will or won't kill the comic relief Darth Plaguise the wise guy. 

That's the season 2 cliffhanger.  Season 1 ends with the discovery of Baby Maul. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That's the season 2 cliffhanger.  Season 1 ends with the discovery of Baby Maul. 

You're hired.

We start Monday, be there or be cut in half and reincarnate as a sith force ghost trapped in a cubicle. 

17 hours ago, animaltested said:

That depends, are they getting Sorkin to write it? :D

15 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

You're hired.

We start Monday, be there or be cut in half and reincarnate as a sith force ghost trapped in a cubicle. 

Kennedy "Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. I didn't hear anything about the strong female main lead or about how shes better then Palpatine at everything. Swole you just shut your mouth until we nail out all the important details about social justice!"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If you haven’t been watching the new Clone Wars series, I would start with today’s episode. It finally gave me what I wanted.

I just started Clone Wars.  It's been hell getting the right chronological order for it, but I'm enjoying it well enough to keep going.

Are you talking about Star Wars Rebels or Clone Wars?

Because I need to know at what point I stop watching Clone Wars and watch Revenge of the Sith, and then either go back to Clone Wars or start Rebels. 

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just started Clone Wars.  It's been hell getting the right chronological order for it, but I'm enjoying it well enough to keep going.

Are you talking about Star Wars Rebels or Clone Wars?

Because I need to know at what point I stop watching Clone Wars and watch Revenge of the Sith, and then either go back to Clone Wars or start Rebels. 

I’m referring to the new Clone Wars episode released today. This 4 episode arc is now confirmed to run concurrently with Revenge of the Sith.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

I’m referring to the new Clone Wars episode released today. This 4 episode arc is now confirmed to run concurrently with Revenge of the Sith.

Nice, so the final 4 episodes of Clone Wars occur at the same exact time as Revenge of the Sith?