Cowboys fire HC Jason Garrett

Manny/Patrick

God I hope Jerry is playing Musical chairs with peoples job Titles and Jason is about to be Promoted (Not Fired) to say VP? President of Custodial Affairs? Director of Clapper Personnel?

Keep dragging it out Jerry, its working,  Dallas is still in the News!!!

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What makes any of you think Belicheck of all people would intentionally leave one of the least controlling Owners in the NFL for the most Meddlesome one in Jones?

You honestly believe Jerry is capable of Shutting his mouth, not do weekly interviews and post game PC which is essential to the Patriot and Belicheck Way of thinking???

I can't think of a least likely pairing, them those two! Seriously!

g_parcells_195.jpg

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why Tony Romo's name is not being mentioned as a potential new hire?....Him and Jerry know one another....In fact he's like another son....Those around him say Romo is quite knowledgeable  in respects to the game....Lacking coaching experience but what the hey...

Another one is perhaps Ken Norton jr. or Deion Sanders....Albeit Sanders has an ego as big as Jerry's and doesn't have coaching experience....But him and Norton are ex-Cowboys.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

God I hope Jerry is playing Musical chairs with peoples job Titles and Jason is about to be Promoted (Not Fired) to say VP? President of Custodial Affairs? Director of Clapper Personnel?

Keep dragging it out Jerry, its working,  Dallas is still in the News!!!

Garrett would be awesome in a FO position. I am pretty sure there is a solid contingent of Cowboys fans who would 100% support that.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I'm curious as to why Tony Romo's name is not being mentioned as a potential new hire?....Him and Jerry know one another....In fact he's like another son....Those around him say Romo is quite knowledgeable  in respects to the game....Lacking coaching experience but what the hey...

Another one is perhaps Ken Norton jr. or Deion Sanders....Albeit Sanders has an ego as big as Jerry's and doesn't have coaching experience....But him and Norton are ex-Cowboys.....

Why wasnt Brett Favre being thrown around as the GB head coach last year?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett would be awesome in a FO position. I am pretty sure there is a solid contingent of Cowboys fans who would 100% support that.

Why wasnt Brett Favre being thrown around as the GB head coach last year?

Probably a situation where the current diva QB wouldn't have been willing to take orders from the former diva QB. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

OK, so what's the deal?  Is The Clapper really gone or not?  I haven't seen this much mystery and intrigue since the days of the O.J. trial. 

According to Sturm "Garrett has been gone for a while now, but he is playing out his contract in lieu of being fired".

His contract ends in 10 days. There is nothing stopping us from interviewing other coaches in the meantime. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to Sturm "Garrett has been gone for a while now, but he is playing out his contract in lieu of being fired".

His contract ends in 10 days. There is nothing stopping us from interviewing other coaches in the meantime. 

Yeah, that makes sense.  It's a classy way for the Cowboys organization to move on while saving Garrett the embarrassment of technically being "fired." 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, that makes sense.  It's a classy way for the Cowboys organization to move on while saving Garrett the embarrassment of technically being "fired." 

You know they can publicly say they are not resigning him before his contract ends and not fire him right? It isn't like their only option is to fire him now or wait till his contract ends, he is gone either way. I really don't see how this is some "classy" move that people keep alluding to, but I could be completely off base I guess.

The Cowboys are literally interviewing new candidates for the job, it is obvious he isn't coming back, so why are they not saying that publicly? My only guess is they are either trying to fit him somewhere else into the front office, or they want to get another big headline in a week when he is "officially" gone.

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You know they can publicly say they are not resigning him before his contract ends and not fire him right? It isn't like their only option is to fire him now or wait till his contract ends, he is gone either way. I really don't see how this is some "classy" move that people keep alluding to, but I could be completely off base I guess.

The Cowboys are literally interviewing new candidates for the job, it is obvious he isn't coming back, so why are they not saying that publicly? My only guess is they are either trying to fit him somewhere else into the front office, or they want to get another big headline in a week when he is "officially" gone.

What benefit to the Cowboys is it to go public?

What benefit to the Cowboys is it to not go public?

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Completely agree with this 100 percent. The dude is gone. Make it official. Some people and cowboys fans want to say it’s classy but come on now. This whole situation is bizarre. Everyone that follows football knows he’s gone. So obviously people within the NFL know he’s gone too. Does it really matter if he has a expired contract or labelled fired? No. It makes zero sense but when has Jerry ever done anything that makes sense.