The Divisional Round! the other games...

vike daddy

31 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I don't buy it. The Chiefs are a top 5 offense and top 10 defense, and this is including the time Mahomes has missed and their abysmal start on defense. After their bye week Kansas city went 5-0 and allowed only 10.4 PPG while continuing their offensive dominance. Houston played an insane ball control offense when they went to KC and won in week 6, where they ran the ball 41 times for 192 yards and possessed the ball for 39:48. Kansas City only possessed the ball 3 times in the second half and Kansas City's defense forced no punts. I'm serious, the Texans turned the ball over on downs or scored on every drive except their final drive which exhausted clock.

I think Houston is in big trouble, and I think that may be the only game this weekend that isn't close.

We'll see.  Houston has always given the Chiefs trouble...and in fact, in 3 games at Arrowhead, the Chiefs have only won once, and even that win was only by 1 point.  They also haven't played extremely well vs. Watson in both games they've played against him.  You do say that they rushed the ball 41 times, but neglected to say that they passed the ball for 42 times too.  Yes, they did ball control this last time, but KC did it 2 years ago (as they held it for 38 minutes) and still only won by  a possession.  The Texans have clearly given them trouble no matter how the game has been played.  

On 1/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, Freakish Mind said:

If we win, I want the Packers to win this week.      If we lose, then I want the Packers to lose...    The AFC games will both be won quite easily by the home teams I'm thinking

You'd rather face the Packers than Seahawks? 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I can't speak for him, but at least imo, (despite the results this season), I still think the Vikings match up better with the Packers than the Seahawks.  

The Seahawks don’t have the running game they had when they last played the Vikes. Being unable to stop the run is why Mn lost to Seattle. Lynch isn’t helping them.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

The Seahawks don’t have the running game they had when they last played the Vikes. Being unable to stop the run is why Mn lost to Seattle. Lynch isn’t helping them.

He may not, but didn't Carson get injured that game, and they still continued to run all over the Vikings, even with that Homer guy? 

46 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He may not, but didn't Carson get injured that game, and they still continued to run all over the Vikings, even with that Homer guy? 

Not sure if he got hurt, but Carson had 23 attempts  for 102 yards, 1 reception. Rashaad Penny 15 carries for 75 yards, 4 receptions. Homer had 1 carry for 29 yards. They dominated the run game. Carson and Penny are out, so definitely would change the dynamics of the game if we meet again. Honestly, I’d be thrilled to be playing either team in the NFCCG

Edited by marshpit23
Change wording
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

You'd rather face the Packers than Seahawks? 

absolutely,  It would force us to beat the 3,1,2 seeds in order to get to the big show.   Plus if we could beat the Packers in the NFC championship in Lambeau.  That would atleast temporarily shut a lot of Packer fans up.  

8 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Have you ever met a Packer fan? 

My goodness...here I came to wish you guys good luck later today and this is what greets me. In any case, all the best later. Go ahead and knock off SF for us...that would be appreciated and if you could manage it somehow...sustain just enough injuries to critical players that'll carry over to next week - but which wont prevent you from winning today. That might be tricky to pull off...probably tough to do...but give it your best shot  :)

1 minute ago, Leader said:

My goodness...here I came to wish you guys good luck later today and this is what greets me. In any case, all the best later. Go ahead and knock off SF for us...that would be appreciated and if you could manage it somehow...sustain just enough injuries to critical players that'll carry over to next week - but which wont prevent you from winning today. That might be tricky to pull off...probably tough to do...but give it your best shot  :)

FYI I'm a Packer fan. Lots of loudmouthed idiots in the fanbase who think only GB plays the right way, our crap don't stink, and the franchise/fans "deserve" SBs.  GB fans are the St Louis Cardinal fans of the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

FYI I'm a Packer fan. Lots of loudmouthed idiots in the fanbase who think only GB plays the right way, our crap don't stink, and the franchise/fans "deserve" SBs.  GB fans are the St Louis Cardinal fans of the NFL. 

Oh - based on my read of the thread, I mistook you for a MN fan. Take no offense :) In any case, every fan base has some loudmouthed idiots - it's the way of the world - but most are just normal folks.

• Like 1