What's Your Favorite Play Of The Last Decade?

ILoveTheVikings

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

The only choice for Pats fans. I jumped out of my seat I was so frickin’ relieved. Jumped up, phone flew out of my pocket, screen smashed. Didn’t even mind. Have the phone to this day, sitting in my desk.

Edelman catch in SB51 is close second, but nothing will ever match this.

I was at a buddy's house and I went from looking completely dejected after the Kearse catch to literally jumping up and down screaming and everyone gave the WTF look.

10 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

His run against Pittsburgh was a close second though.

No, his run at Heinz field where he trucked William Gay was much, much better.  

I was at that game.  I saw it first hand.  Never saw anything like it live.  

Minnesota came to Pittsburgh 6-0 that year I believe.  They were the hottest team in the NFL at that time.  

31 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The only choice for Pats fans. I jumped out of my seat I was so frickin’ relieved. Jumped up, phone flew out of my pocket, screen smashed. Didn’t even mind. Have the phone to this day, sitting in my desk.

Well yeah, because dumb Pete Carroll handed you a Super Bowl win.  

I mean, handed it  to you.  

He had the best power back in the whole league, they're at the one yard line, and he passes the football.  

Tom Brady was literally crying on the sidelines because he seriously thought he was going to lose the game.  

Doug Baldwin made the amazing catch down the sidelines the play right before, and all of that was for nothing.  

In no shape or form whatsoever, did New England ever earn that Super Bowl win.  

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He had the best power back in the whole league, they're at the one yard line, and he passes the football.  

Tom Brady was literally crying on the sidelines because he seriously thought he was going to lose the game.  

Doug Baldwin made the amazing catch down the sidelines the play right before, and all of that was for nothing.  

Totally agree.

They didn't earn it when they cameback from 2 different 14 point deficits against the Ravens in divisional game.

They didn't earn it when beat the snot out of the 2nd best team in the AFC to make the SB.

They didn't earn it when they scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th Q to make (at the time) the biggest comback in Superbowl history, against an all time great defense, and the defending Superbowl champion.

They didn't earn it when, despite the huge momentum of the luckiest play in SB history going against them, they stuffed the "best power back in the league" short of the goal line on the previous play.

And they sure as hell didn't earn it when they practiced defending the EXACT play the Seahawks called the previous day (You can see Browner recognise the play and put Butler in position, not that he earned that ring at all).

Weird thing is, they didn't earn the next one either, when they came back from 28-3 down to score 31 unanswered points. They played like crap in the firslt half, after all. And only won because the Falcons choked.

And they sure as hell didn't earn the last one, when they held one of the greatest offenses in the league to only 3 points, but only managed to score 13 themselves. The idiots.

That's the funny thing about the Patriots, they keep winning titles they have no business winning, when all the other teams - the teams that DO earn it and DO deserve it - they keep on losing to them. Strange how things work out.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

It wasn't Doug Baldwin.

But besides that, this is a dumb take. Patriots still had to make the play. Butler had to make the read, Browner had to make his pick. That's a lot of good coaching, advanced scouting, practice, etc. And the players executing.

Not to mention Brady had a FANTASTIC 4th quarter to put the team in that position in the first place, and put the pressure on Carroll & Co.

8 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

They didn't earn it when they cameback from 2 different 14 point deficits against the Ravens in divisional game.

They didn't earn it when beat the snot out of the 2nd best team in the AFC to make the SB.

They didn't earn it when they scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th Q to make (at the time) the biggest comback in Superbowl history, against an all time great defense, and the defending Superbowl champion.

They didn't earn it when, despite the huge momentum of the luckiest play in SB history going against them, they stuffed the "best power back in the league" short of the goal line on the previous play.

Yep, and none of that matters at all.  Why?  Because Seattle was in the position to take the game, and they blew it in the most pathetic way imaginable. 

None of what you said here matters at all.  

11 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

And they sure as hell didn't earn it when they practiced defending the EXACT play the Seahawks called the previous day (You can see Browner recognise the play and put Butler in position, not that he earned that ring at all).

Why would they need to practice against a play like that?  It wasn't even supposed to happen.   Anybody in the NFlL playing on defense (or offense for that matter) could have stepped into that play  and make that interception. 

13 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Weird thing is, they didn't earn the next one either, when they came back from 28-3 down to score 31 unanswered points. They played like crap in the firslt half, after all. And only won because the Falcons choked.

Nobody's talking about that game.  That's completely unrelated to this discussion.  You're moving the goalposts with this statement.  

15 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

And they sure as hell didn't earn the last one, when they held one of the greatest offenses in the league to only 3 points, but only managed to score 13 themselves. The idiots.

Nobody's talking about that game either.  Moving the goalposts again.  Try to stay focused if you can.  

16 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That's the funny thing about the Patriots, they keep winning titles they have no business winning, when all the other teams - the teams that DO earn it and DO deserve it - they keep on losing to them. Strange how things work out.

You're obviously taking strong offense here.  

Never said that New England lost all their Super Bowls to teams that played better than they  did.  

There are Super Bowls they have played in that they definitely deserved to win.  

All this discussion was about was Super Bowl 49 against Seattle.  

And in everybody's eyes, New England has 5 Super Bowls, not 6.  

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

It wasn't Doug Baldwin.

Jermaine Kearse (whatever/the play is ruined forever anyway)

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

. That's a lot of good coaching, advanced scouting, practice, etc. And the players executing.

You are reading too far into a play that literally anybody in the league could have made.  

The worst DB in the league could have made that play.  

Just face it.  It was a terrible call from Seattle.  

Mine is a tie, between TWO classic football plays!

#1 is "Rear Ended", starring Mark Sanchez, and his blockers, of the Jets!

#2 is Chuck Pagano's crafty "Snowball's Chance In Hell, Maybe They'll Jump Offside" Fiasco!

And here are both, in the same video. YOU decide!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

You are reading too far into a play that literally anybody in the league could have made.  

The worst DB in the league could have made that play.  

Just face it.  It was a terrible call from Seattle.  

That's a lot of statements that are conveniently difficult to prove either way, so congrats. But I don't think the worst DBs on the worst coached defense in the league could consistently and reliably both pick the receiver that is meant to block the DB on coverage duty, and jump the route to make the catch.

You think I'm reading too far into it? I don't think you're fully appreciating how hard it is to play defense in the NFL.

I agree it was a dumb call from Carroll though.

26 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

All this discussion was about was Super Bowl 49 against Seattle.  

And in everybody's eyes, New England has 5 Super Bowls, not 6.  

Good lordy, the NFL has never seen a goal line stance before. Maybe they should ban them.

What happened is exactly why you have to play it out. Seahawks LOST, it's in the books. 

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

Edelman catch in SB51 is close second, but nothing will ever match this.

heh, mine was the Tyree catch. derp