2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Is there any real reports out there?

Or is it just the dumb “take all team references off social media” thing?

Pretty much...lol

but when there’s smoke. And there’s been smoke around him for a good year and a half now. 

would be a nice pickup. Stefon just turned 26, already under contract. Already have your QB, LT, RB, TE of the future. Draft yourself another WR this year and all we’d have to worry about on offense for the next 5 years, other than staying healthy, is replenishing the OL. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Pretty much...lol

but when there’s smoke. And there’s been smoke around him for a good year and a half now. 

would be a nice pickup. Stefon just turned 26, already under contract. Already have your QB, LT, RB, TE of the future. Draft yourself another WR this year and all we’d have to worry about on offense for the next 5 years, other than staying healthy, is replenishing the OL. 

Ha ok, I’ve seen it elsewhere so wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Feel like that’s happened 30 times in the last couple years and it stirs things up every time. Usually it’s just new PR/marketing teams taking over for a player.

Would you just give them Pick #21? Or a package around our 2nd?

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Ha ok, I’ve seen it elsewhere so wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Feel like that’s happened 30 times in the last couple years and it stirs things up every time. Usually it’s just new PR/marketing teams taking over for a player.

Would you just give them Pick #21? Or a package around our 2nd?

I think he’s probably worth a 1st being only 26. But he’s expensive making 10+M for the next 3 years or so. I’d be more comfortable giving them a 2nd and maybe some 2021 stock. Or just give them the 1st but they have to take Alshon. 

Pass on Diggs...not sure how much is true but media says he's been unhappy with his role on the team. How are you unhappy getting single coverage, winning games, making plays for your team? Normally I'd back someone who wants the ball, but they've been in contention the last couple years. You want to win or you want your stats? 

He supposedly skipped practices, lied and said he was sick. Team fined him 200K. 

Looking at spotrac he has a few escalators based on his stats. Not feeling that contract either, locked in until 2024

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Wouldn't be upset if we traded a 2 for him. I wouldn't trade a 1 though.

I know this is the age old discussion about draft picks and proven vets but in hindsight isn’t EVERYONE trading a 2019 2nd rounder (JJAW) for Diggs? I mean, who wouldn’t? I don’t see why so much of us get hung up on picks. 

I’d rather just bite the bullet, spend the draft capital and get Carson a good, proven, young WR while we can and not mess around with this. Get the guy some weapons we can rely on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I know this is the age old discussion about draft picks and proven vets but in hindsight isn’t EVERYONE trading a 2019 2nd rounder (JJAW) for Diggs? I mean, who wouldn’t? I don’t see why so much of us get hung up on picks. 

I’d rather just bite the bullet, spend the draft capital and get Carson a good, proven, young WR while we can and not mess around with this. Get the guy some weapons we can rely on. 

Wait JJAW was a bad pick you can't compare those two things. 

Also we're talking about two distinctly different offenses. 2019 was great for Diggs, but the offense was great in general. A dominant run game, with Thielen in/out the lineup the pass game was still consistent. 

Diggs looks like he can win on the outside when given the opportunities.There's no guarantee he could play in whatever system we're about to run this year. 

I also think MN wants more than a 2nd. A 2nd and a 4th might do it. 

1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

Take our first, and give us Stefon Diggs. 

No.  That 7 for 167 and 3 TDs was against the Eagles CBs.  Do you want to give up our first for Corey Davis and Devante Parker as well?  They also had ridiculous career outings vs PHI.  

Other teams do a much better job of limiting the opposition WR1.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Wait JJAW was a bad pick you can't compare those two things. 

Also we're talking about two distinctly different offenses. 2019 was great for Diggs, but the offense was great in general. A dominant run game, with Thielen in/out the lineup the pass game was still consistent. 

Diggs looks like he can win on the outside when given the opportunities.There's no guarantee he could play in whatever system we're about to run this year. 

I also think MN wants more than a 2nd. A 2nd and a 4th might do it. 

The point is, last year before the draft, if the Vikings were asking our 2nd for Diggs is there any real complaints from us? Possibly. But now that you know the outcome, you’d sell your 2nd born for that deal. 

Diggs has been about a top 15 WR since entering the league statistically. I’m sure he’d be just fine in our system. We’d have weapons at every position. He’d find room. 

MIN offense wasn’t great last year. It was pretty average. For comparisons sake, we had more passing yards and TDs. They had less than 200 yards more than us rushing with 3 more TDs. They actually had less yards than us total. So, I think he’d be in a very similar situation here. More than you think anyway. 

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

No.  That 7 for 167 and 3 TDs was against the Eagles CBs.  Do you want to give up our first for Corey Davis and Devante Parker as well?  They also had ridiculous career outings vs PHI.  

Other teams do a much better job of limiting the opposition WR1.

He was still 10th in yards per game last year. It’s not like the Eagles were his only good game. 

Besides, I don’t think anyone is talking a 1st. 

59 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He was still 10th in yards per game last year. It’s not like the Eagles were his only good game. 

Besides, I don’t think anyone is talking a 1st. 

Definitely not a first.  

Diggs is very good, but I’d have a tough time putting him among the top 10 WR.  To acquire him, you’re giving up lots of salary plus giving up draft capital.  I think there are better options from the upcoming cap casualties where you can keep your draft picks tbh