Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

What is everyone's escapism route of choice at times like these?

I like to flip my brain and start digesting solely non English(language) material for a good stretch. Works well enough. 

I went and made some dinner (which I cooked horribly, so that was bad) and then watched The Wire with my Fiancee.

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

I lost all respect for Simmons when i read this. If Marshal Yanda calls you out, you done MESSED up.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

When I heard Wink say he was disappointed he didn't get the Giants job, that was a red flag for me. These coordinators think they're hot sh*t when Lamar was carrying their jock the whole season. 

I CANNOT MENTION THIS ENOUGH! Roman and Wink basically cashed it in this week. They got the HC interviews and that was it. I don't care what anyone says, BOTH of their gameplans were garbage.

27 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Did Ricard even play tonight? I feel like y'all boy Roman just abandoned everything.

Snap counts will be interesting. I don't think I saw Ricard out there at all either.

• Like 1

Honestly wonder what it would have been like if Mark Ingram had just been inactive tonight. We clearly didn't believe Ingram was 100% tonight but still trotted him out there as a starter which just led to us abandoning the run far too early. They didn't trust Ingram but felt obligated to give him the ball when they were running, which just led to us not running. Not an excuse, more an observation. Coaching staff crumbled under pressure tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

In terms of shows, if anyone is looking for a sleeper check out 'Banshee'. It's from a couple years back and while the later seasons aren't as good, my god are it's first seasons packed with teh juice. 

Banshee is amazing, but in a completely different genre to the shows db mentioned.  Some of the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen are in that show :x

Would certainly be a good way to take your mind of things if you're in an angry mood

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I went and made some dinner (which I cooked horribly, so that was bad) and then watched The Wire with my Fiancee.

Congrats on the engagement at least lol. As always I recommend a prenuptial agreement of some sort. I know it's a bit of a taboo subject, but I've heard too many horror stories to not do my duty and warn a fellow Raven fan. 

Also in terms of escaping the harsh realities of a Ravens' loss, The Wire doesn't seem like the greatest choice in the world :D. Amazing show though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

dude talked a big game about tackling Derrick Henry while getting completely abused by him,

I hope this tweet and the hundreds like it are shown to him repeatedly.  

If you're going to talk a big game you need to back it up, and he did the furthest thing from that today

Just now, drd23 said:

Banshee is amazing, but in a completely different genre to the shows db mentioned.  Some of the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen are in that show :x

Would certainly be a good way to take your mind of things if you're in an angry mood

The GOAT as far as fight scenes are concerned. Great acting from some key roles too.

I don’t blame Thomas much, he did go at Henry and get him from scoring there. He’s a big man and while Thomas got pushed back, he did his job there. I’m annoyed by Thomas in that he’s not as “media conscious” but I think he played an above average to good game tbh. I think he’s clearly lost a step though and we need to also add an explosive LB with sideline to sideline ability. A Dylan Mosses could also be just what the doctor ordered on that front.

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Honestly wonder what it would have been like if Mark Ingram had just been inactive tonight. We clearly didn't believe Ingram was 100% tonight but still trotted him out there as a starter which just led to us abandoning the run far too early. They didn't trust Ingram but felt obligated to give him the ball when they were running, which just led to us not running. Not an excuse, more an observation. Coaching staff crumbled under pressure tonight. 

I’ve kind of had my own what if with regards to the weather, if it legit rained, we would’ve been forced to run the football more and perhaps that keeps us from abandoning the run so early. Perhaps it keeps us from attempting to use Ingram and just go with Gus Edwards as the lead back.

17 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That scene with Chayton and Shannon... right in the feels :(

How about seeing The Albino pop up as a wildling warg in GOT? So many unique characters and moments from that show. Sad how quickly it all fell apart. A better production force could've had it up there with the iconic series of the last decade or so. Poor budget and a weak writers room saw the show run out of gas way too quick, and the show runner was looking to jump ship- quickly from what I've heard.

Will forever occupy it's only little special place in TV history for my money though.

Edited by DreamKid

Im sorry about you guys lost. But what are your thougts on Jerry Colemam as Baltimore fans?  This week he has been saying that the Bills got smoked at home to you guys and that the city of Buffalo was a city of losers. He seems like a freaking jerk. Bills fans are calling him out on twitter and he is blocking everyone. Guy seems like a freaking jackass

5 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Could the two weeks off be a cause of the loss?  Would you all have played the starters in the first half in week one, in hindsight?

One of the Ravens beat writers wrote it the best, after a performance like yesterday with a loss people can point towards rust being a factor, and had we won the extra weeks of rest would be acknowledged. I can't remember how many players sat, but it was mostly Lamar and veterans and injured players. Most of our other starters sat, so I would not say rust was an issue. For many of the players it was essentially a bye week, and Ravens usually do well after the bye week.

Ravens had a tipped ball interception, that set up a touchdown, then we had a long pass dropped that would have flipped field position, then our first failed 4 and 1 attempt of the season and Titans hit a deep pass for a TD afterwards. Then Baltimore got back a bit with 6 points, but couldn't sustain it in the second half. Another interception, a long run that ended up in a passing TD from Henry, then a fumble and a another TD for the Titans, another failed 4 and 1 attempt and more receiver drops.

Titans had a great gameplan, played mistake free football and they led the Ravens beat themselves. Tannehill threw again for less than 100 yards, and nobody cares, because it was not necessary. Eventually people who have something against Tannehill will pick apart his playoff performance, but he and his receivers did well in the limited attempts they got, while Ravens receivers and tight ends crapped the bed and left at least 1-2 touchdowns on the field because they couldn't catch or couldn't locate the football.

Momentum is a thing in my world, and the Titans came in with momentum while the Ravens had the advantage of extra time. Yesterday Titans was just the hotter team so I can understand why some wants to point toward Ravens being rusty. I just don't think that is the explanation. Titans where just better and better prepared somehow.

• Like 2