Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It only comes off that way if you only listen to the soundbites that have been circulating. You're in the minority here. That was a great first impression. 

@DannyB I agree. If you watch it from the beginning you can see how he commands the room, connects with reporters, etc. I'm not even a Giants fan and I like him already.

• Like 6

"Lemme tell you what I'm about! kay? I'm about old school smashmouth football! kay? I'm about a blue-collar mentality that represents the people of this town! alright? We're gonna punch our opponents in the face for 60 minutes! kay? Relentless! Competitive! Barf, fart, puke, diarrhea spray!"

I can't believe this dude is for real. Somewhere Dan Campbell is furious that he didn't get Joe Judge's speech writer. Just livid.

What did he say? Something like, "we're gonna play every play like it has a history and a life of it's own!" are you serious?

He also pulled that lame "transparent appeal to the working class" by saying his players are gonna grind it out as hard in practice as the people of the New York area do at their job on a daily basis. Hahaha!

Giants fans, can you even possibly understand how quickly this get insufferable if he's like this all the time, and your team is sitting at 1-5?

Holy hell, I'm listening to this thing run. He talks about the players dressed properly for football, and stretching properly! I'm literally at a loss. I'm done, oh my god.

To close, I'm going to present a running list of beaten-to-death cliches from the first two minutes of his PC. Aaaaand go...

High standards, gave everything, sacrifice, old school mentality, *appeal to local area*, downhill, aggressive, punch in nose, relentless, fundamentally sound. Thank you goodnight.

I weirdly hope he wins like 4 Super Bowls.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

@DannyB I agree. If you watch it from the beginning you can see how he commands the room

Believe me, I'd listened to it before. I still think it's absolutely cringe-inducing. What a piece of work. How many kids do you think he hard-fouled in basketball during high school gym class?

He certainly had his speech recited and ready to go, and he spoke well, so I think people are like, hypnotized by that or something. I mean after Gase just sat there tripping balls last year at his Jets introductory PC, maybe our standards are just real low.

Image result for adam gase press conference

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Believe me, I'd listened to it before. I still think it's absolutely cringe-inducing. What a piece of work. How many kids do you think he hard-fouled in basketball during high school gym class?

He certainly had his speech recited and ready to go, and he spoke well, so I think people are like, hypnotized by that or something. I mean after Gase just sat there tripping balls last year at his Jets introductory PC, maybe our standards are just real low.

Well, to each their own. I watched all the press conferences by the new hires this month and Judge's was the only one that held my interest all the way through. I care about what he can do for his team, not how he played high school basketball. 9_9

21 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Well, to each their own. I watched all the press conferences by the new hires this month and Judge's was the only one that held my interest all the way through. I care about what he can do for his team, not how he played high school basketball. 9_9

While it wasn't as much of a "performance", I definitely liked Rhule's better. I think it came off much more genuine, while still being well spoken. I know that it checked several boxes from the list of football cliches as well, but it seemed to fit better in the flow of the broader speech. Hard to explain.

Edited by DannyB

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

While it wasn't as much of a "performance", I definitely liked Rhule's better. I think it came off much more genuine, while still being well spoken. I know that it checked several boxes from the list of football cliches as well, but it seemed to fit better in the flow of the broader speech. Hard to explain.

Rhule seems more like a preacher or motivational speaker. Which isn't a bad thing, just not my style. He radiates positive energy, and I can see how he must have inspired his college players. But if I'm a pro, Judge is the guy I'd "run through a wall for." (Had to throw one more cliche on top of the pile we've sat through lately.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Rhule seems more like a preacher or motivational speaker. Which isn't a bad thing, just not my style. He radiates positive energy, and I can see how he must have inspired his college players. But if I'm a pro, Judge is the guy I'd "run through a wall for." (Had to throw one more cliche on top of the pile we've sat through lately.)

Haha, we have such different reads on it. I think Rhule comes off like a pretty average/decent motivational speaker. I think Judge comes across like a corny, terrible one.

Judge has been working on his PhD in education. This obviously lends itself to coaching. I like his comments on how it’s incumbent on the coaches to get their point across, regardless on their players learning style. After seeing countless miscommunications in the secondary and Oline, this is a welcome change. 

PS - anyone that doesn’t like his speaking style deserves Pat Shurmur 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Who are his coordinators?  Haven’t heard anyone mentioned.  These hires will be huge for this guy. I wonder if he has the connections to get decent ones. 

Mcgaughey has been confirmed by only one source to remain ST coordinator. Other than that, we have guesses and potential names, but that's it. It should come together next week hopefully.

7 hours ago, DannyB said:

Haha, we have such different reads on it. I think Rhule comes off like a pretty average/decent motivational speaker. I think Judge comes across like a corny, terrible one.

Rhule dances around the point a little too much for me, and his cadence comes off as super preachy. I prefer how to-the-point Judge is. I think it's a preference though; different guys are going to be motivated in different ways. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DannyB said:

"Lemme tell you what I'm about! kay? I'm about old school smashmouth football! kay? I'm about a blue-collar mentality that represents the people of this town! alright? We're gonna punch our opponents in the face for 60 minutes! kay? Relentless! Competitive! Barf, fart, puke, diarrhea spray!"

I can't believe this dude is for real. Somewhere Dan Campbell is furious that he didn't get Joe Judge's speech writer. Just livid.

What did he say? Something like, "we're gonna play every play like it has a history and a life of it's own!" are you serious?

He also pulled that lame "transparent appeal to the working class" by saying his players are gonna grind it out as hard in practice as the people of the New York area do at their job on a daily basis. Hahaha!

Giants fans, can you even possibly understand how quickly this get insufferable if he's like this all the time, and your team is sitting at 1-5?

Holy hell, I'm listening to this thing run. He talks about the players dressed properly for football, and stretching properly! I'm literally at a loss. I'm done, oh my god.

To close, I'm going to present a running list of beaten-to-death cliches from the first two minutes of his PC. Aaaaand go...

High standards, gave everything, sacrifice, old school mentality, *appeal to local area*, downhill, aggressive, punch in nose, relentless, fundamentally sound. Thank you goodnight.

I weirdly hope he wins like 4 Super Bowls.

Lol yeah dude was very fake.

I do believe it was a bit worked. He obviously had a plan and wanted to portray a different attitude and change the mindset. I think that was accomplished here. He’s a Belichick and Saban guy. How cliche can that be. “Do your job” “Practice hard” that’s just pretty much extensions of Saban and Belichick.