BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Man I’d kill to be 8-2 or 8-3. I don’t get this.

We’re all poor losers. Probably the worst thing about picking 8 winners immediately means there are 8 losers. I just went on a minor tangent 10 years in after a couple tough losses.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm having a really, really bad day. I'm in a "I'd like to punch someone in the face til I can feel their skull cutting into my knuckles" kind of mood. I need a new job, like yesterday 

I got a driving job for you if you wanna relocate to NJ.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

We’re all poor losers. Probably the worst thing about picking 8 winners immediately means there are 8 losers. I just went on a minor tangent 10 years in after a couple tough losses.

Yea I was worried for you then. It was very unlike you. 

Just now, Jlash said:

I got a driving job for you if you wanna relocate to NJ.

Lol yeah... no can do.

I hate my current driver manager. Hate him, as much as someone can hate a person, like the kind of hate where I sarcastically think it would be a shame if he choked on a large piece of turkey while I'm at work and he is at home tomorrow.

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

Lol yeah... no can do.

I hate my current driver manager. Hate him, as much as someone can hate a person, like the kind of hate where I sarcastically think it would be a shame if he choked on a large piece of turkey while I'm at work and he is at home tomorrow.

CDL drivers are in crazy demand right now, go name your price with someone else.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Eh. I'm not that upset about rhe loss. I privately told Counselor I thought I'd lose before I even wrote my gameplan. I nearly didn't even bother writing one. Clearly I shouldn't have wasted my time.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea I was worried for you then. It was very unlike you. 

I got some wise counsel from my BDL brethren. It’s genuinely enjoyable being in this league and using this dynasty platform. I am grateful for the association and trust me it goes a long way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

This is truth.  

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sadly since I don't own my own truck, it isn't quite that easy. 

Man. A couple years ago I went to hire a CDL driver, just a box truck, 11 pallets, and I couldn't find anyone. "Oh you aren't paying 80K? Nah". And anyone willing to take less was like 60 and didn't wanna drive from NJ to CT every once in a while.