BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Jalen Hurts time?

Crazy part at one point in the draft, I had a pick that was right behind @wwhickok and he goes "hey everyone, this pick is gonna Hurts"

And then he takes Jalen Hurts. 

Realizes he traded that pick. Deletes the pick. 

But I saw it. And Hurts was next on my BB, and I knew he'd blow up if I picked him so I avoided it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Crazy part at one point in the draft, I had a pick that was right behind @wwhickok and he goes "hey everyone, this pick is gonna Hurts"

And then he takes Jalen Hurts. 

Realizes he traded that pick. Deletes the pick. 

But I saw it. And Hurts was next on my BB, and I knew he'd blow up if I picked him so I avoided it.

You should have picked him. Wouldn’t have been your fault 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Sadly since I don't own my own truck, it isn't quite that easy. 

If you buy one, it might benefit to take a look at old models (99 or older) since those are grandfathered in with being able to keep a paper logbook and not require an electronic logbook. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If you buy one, it might benefit to take a look at old models (99 or older) since those are grandfathered in with being able to keep a paper logbook and not require an electronic logbook. 

Yea that ain't true, at least I don't think. From what I know, and I've had to take classes on it, the model of the truck matter none. The EOB has been mandatory for years now. I've got drivers who have been doing it since the 80s right now.

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea that ain't true, at least I don't think. From what I know, and I've had to take classes on it, the model of the truck matter none. The EOB has been mandatory for years now. I've got drivers who have been doing it since the 80s right now.

My father would disagree. He's still rolling on his T2000 from 1999 and despite it basically having been rebuilt twice, it still qualifies as allowing him to use a paper logbook. Legal and everything, he's driving from Florida up to Ohio / Michigan and all the states in between.

Edit:

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/hours-service/elds/general-information-about-eld-rule#:~:text=The ELD rule%3A,carriers are required to keep.

Q3. Who must comply with the electronic logging device (ELD) rule?

A3. The ELD applies to most motor carriers and drivers who are currently required to maintain records of duty status (RODS) per Part 395, 49 CFR 395.8(a). The rule applies to commercial buses as well as trucks, and to Canada- and Mexico-domiciled drivers.

The ELD rule allows limited exceptions to the ELD mandate, including:

• Drivers who operate under the short-haul exceptions may continue using timecards; they are not required to keep RODS and will not be required to use ELDs.
  • Drivers who use paper RODS for not more than 8 days out of every 30-day period.
  • Drivers who conduct drive-away-tow-away operations, in which the vehicle being driven is the commodity being delivered.
  • Drivers of vehicles manufactured before 2000.

Yeah, looks like it's still one of the exceptions. He's an independent owner/operator who works as a contractor with a company out of Michigan I believe. I just remember this because it was a big talking point with him several years back, and how happy he was that he was able to avoid it.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

Not sure if this accurate I didn’t put too much effort into it.

1. Gotham 9-2
  2. Berlin 9-2 (Division Winner
  3. WSR 8-3 (Division Winner)
  4. Singapore 6-5 (Division Winner)
  5. Lancaster 8-3
  6. Cuba 7-4
  7. IC 7-4
  8. NO 6-5
  9. Rome 6-5
  10. Camden 5-6
  11. Seoul 4-6-1 
  12. Antarctica 3-7-1