BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You should go with a first in this millennium to make sure you're right.

Ok...common man.  He had 15 seconds, no timeouts, and needed a TD after one of the best punts in playoff history.  After all of his weapons let him down all game.  

My dude, this is the third or fourth time I've been right today.

Yes, and he made a terrible, game-losing decision in that context. It's not like he threw up a prayer and it got picked, he made a throw that was going to run out the clock and give his team no chance to win even if it was caught. You can argue all you want that his team put him that position, whatever, I won't bust your balls on it anymore. But it's okay to admit there ain't a player in the league who was gonna catch the ball and score on that play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

My dude, this is the third or fourth time I've been right today.

Yes, and he made a terrible, game-losing decision in that context. It's not like he threw up a prayer and it got picked, he made a throw that was going to run out the clock and give his team no chance to win even if it was caught. You can argue all you want that his team put him that position, whatever, I won't bust your balls on it anymore. But it's okay to admit there ain't a player in the league who was gonna catch the ball and score on that play.

Okay, you may have been right in regards to your students today.  That's fair.

Brady made the best decision at that second based on coverage and it got popped up in the air.  But yeah, he had no good options considering he had 15 seconds left and no timeouts.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Okay, you may have been right in regards to your students today.  That's fair.

Brady made the best decision at that second based on coverage and it got popped up in the air.  But yeah, he had no good options considering he had 15 seconds left and no timeouts.

lol (classes don't actually start until Monday for me, but that was a good one)

His best decision was to throw the ball away in that case. The interception was bad but ultimately irrelevant; again, even if he completes that, it's in-bounds and the clock runs out inside his own 20. Everything has to be either an incompletion or a sideline pass in that situation. I don't have a clue what he was thinking on that throw.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man. Nice to wake up to a bunch of "Jlash didn't deserve that win" type posts. The bitterness is palpable fellas. 

You earned it. If ppl are honestly saying that because Lamar had a bad game they're full or crap, everyone has one bad game or two. For him irl, his came at the worst possible time. Doesnt have a darn thing to do with his status in BDL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Very well. Last day of my three weeks off. Back to work tomorrow. How is your Sunday?

Good. Went to a pretty sweet improv show with the main character from Silicon Valley and the dude who plays Jean Ralphio in Parks and rec last night. Got up early today, spent the morning doing some detailing on our cars and I start a new job tomorrow.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 2