BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

I don’t see why we should do it earlier? When it has always been this way. What is the valid reason?

If there's no pre-season there's pretty much zero reason to do wait for it ya know?

But also like I'd suggest waiting until mid-august for as much info as possible regarding the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

If there's no pre-season there's pretty much zero reason to do wait for it ya know?

But also like I'd suggest waiting until mid-august for as much info as possible regarding the season.

That’s not enough to change the way we’ve been doing it. It’s because of impatience and being bored people want to change it. If it’s not broken you don’t need to fix it. Find something else to fill your time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

That’s not enough to change the way we’ve been doing it. It’s because of impatience and being bored people want to change it. If it’s not broken you don’t need to fix it. Find something else to fill your time.

https://www.badgerdleague.com/

All in on the Backup BDL if the NFL season gets cancelled. 

11 hours ago, Counselor said:

Is this always the response I give you when you say something? Really?

I didn't say specifically you.

Also, valid reason? Thats simple, The reason I was given for waiting is because we wanted to see who got kept during preseason. However if there is no preseason, roster cuts become much more predictable and therefore nullifies the point of waiting out the entire summer. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Yeah....you talked me right out of doing anymore podcasts.

Sweet. At least if there's no preseason he has less of a chance to break his back before the season starts. 

49ers WR Jalen Hurd is expected to play the "big slot" role this season.

Per beat writer David Lombardi, the 49ers strive for "position-less" football, and Hurd might be the prime example. The former Vols running back could handle a couple carries per game, catch passes over the middle of the field, or use his 6-foot-4 inch frame to block on the edge -  likely busting common personnel groupings defenses match-up against.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I didn't say specifically you.

Also, valid reason? Thats simple, The reason I was given for waiting is because we wanted to see who got kept during preseason. However if there is no preseason, roster cuts become much more predictable and therefore nullifies the point of waiting out the entire summer. 

I get you're itching for football. We all are.  Just no real reason to change it Whether they play a lot of preseason games or not. There will be practices where injuries often occur as well 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I get you're itching for football. We all are.  Just no real reason to change it Whether they play a lot of preseason games or not. There will be practices where injuries often occur as well 

Ok. Thats fine but there is DEFINITELY a fair argument for not waiting as well. Regardless I was just posing a question. And yes, it is boring cuz at the moment the league ain't doing a damn thing. But I never said anything about rushing anything. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Ok. Thats fine but there is DEFINITELY a fair argument for not waiting as well. Regardless I was just posing a question. And yes, it is boring cuz at the moment the league ain't doing a damn thing. But I never said anything about rushing anything. 

You may have not said the word rushing (should start immediately) but come on man don’t make me look like I’m picking on you and now you want to blame me for not doing podcasts? When I’ve spent numerous hours of my time reading your game plans to help you, listening to you vent frustrations, or answering questions for you. 

On 6/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, wwhickok said:

Personally I think we should just start the shark tank immediately starting tomorrow but that's only my opinion

On 6/21/2020 at 10:47 PM, wwhickok said:

The shark tank can't get here soon enough tbh

On 6/24/2020 at 1:03 PM, wwhickok said:

We should get the shark tank started so that I can finish a project

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

Just use the podcast as a platform to bash him!

I find the irony in WW liking your post when you’re usually the one getting him riled up and I’ve had to intervene before. Can’t write this stuff!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I find the irony in WW liking your post when you’re usually the one getting him riled up and I’ve had to intervene before. Can’t write this stuff!

But you can hear about it on the podcast which still needs a name for branding.