BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, wwhickok said:

Um... you made a comment to me like I havent been trying to do for everyone. You called this a conversation. Its not a conversation its a one sided point of view. Ive supplied the logic to what i said and im not even the only person that suggested it but all you keep saying is "if it ain't broken..." the only person that actually offered up something constructive was bcb. Not once in this entire discussion have you had a debate natured response to the logic i AND OTHERS offered. 

I will keep.doing the podcast. But believe me the theme for the next show has changed. 

Which comment said you have not been trying to do for everyone?

There is a very good reason to wait on the Shark Tank. It's called COVID-19.

Every pro American sports league has had multiple players opt out of their seasons. Some leagues have had entire teams pull out either voluntarily or due to a critical mass of players testing positive. It is certainly a very optimistic view to believe that the NFL will be different. And that's on top of the already very optimistic view that things are going to go as planned between now and the end of August, which is truly insane IMO. Two months ago I assumed I'd be back at work by now and now there's a very real possibility I will have to move out of state to continue my career. Every week and every day brings us new information.

A wave of free agency with low costs and low risk, right before a confirmed season starts with confirmed players who are actually playing, is the exact strategy a league like this needs to mitigate the risks of possibly losing entire teams to the pandemic. Normally, the Shark Tank is used to provide us with the most information about starters and final rosters. This year, it is even more important because it now gives us insurance and information on who is even going to be playing football at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Every pro American sports league has had multiple players opt out of their seasons. Some leagues have had entire teams pull out either voluntarily or due to a critical mass of players testing positive. It is certainly a very optimistic view to believe that the NFL will be different. And that's on top of the already very optimistic view that things are going to go as planned between now and the end of August, which is truly insane IMO. Two months ago I assumed I'd be back at work by now and now there's a very real possibility I will have to move out of state to continue my career. Every week and every day brings us new information.

A wave of free agency with low costs and low risk, right before a confirmed season starts with confirmed players who are actually playing, is the exact strategy a league like this needs to mitigate the risks of possibly losing entire teams to the pandemic. Normally, the Shark Tank is used to provide us with the most information about starters and final rosters. This year, it is even more important because it now gives us insurance and information on who is even going to be playing football at all.

Well said

14 minutes ago, Whicker said:

now thats a good debate. Fair enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

now thats a good debate. Fair enough. 

Yeah I kind of assumed this logic Whicker stayed would already be picked up on. But that’s my fault for assuming and not getting deeper into it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I find the irony in WW liking your post when you’re usually the one getting him riled up and I’ve had to intervene before. Can’t write this stuff!

Bro I'm doing whatever I can do keep this podcast going. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Counselor and wwhickok sittin in a tree

A-R-G-U-I-N-G

First came COVID

Later comes shark tank

Now comes wwhickok in a big rig cab  it was the best I could do dammit

And my baby is four weeks away

• Like 1

I'm pretty good with punny names as you could see by my Twitch name Benjamin Spranklin. I told people last summer I was going to run an irrigation company and name it that.  I'll have to think of something.