BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Depending on what my load is on Wednesday I am going to do another show on Wednesday at about 4pm IF I can get the "prep work" for the show done in time. I'm gonna use a large amount of the suggestions @rackcs made and wrap them into one show. Good chance its more than 30 min long but the prep work will be time consuming and I'm not going to rush it because he made some really good recommendations that willl make for a great show. Id rather post pone it to next week if I can't get it done than botch it. I'll have a chunk of time today and tomorrow to work on it. I'll keep you guys updated.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So... does the 5 year max contract apply to 3 Ups? Asking for a friend 

Mahomes presents an interesting question, should his 3up count for the full 10 years or just 5 like is standard. 

I'd say 5 because i don't think we should allow 10 year contracts even for IRL contracts but that's up to the council. 

26 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Mahomes presents an interesting question, should his 3up count for the full 10 years or just 5 like is standard. 

I'd say 5 because i don't think we should allow 10 year contracts even for IRL contracts but that's up to the council. 

The intriguing part is that, because it looks like his yearly salary is tied to the salary cap for that season, do we just have the contract match 75% of each year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The intriguing part is that, because it looks like his yearly salary is tied to the salary cap for that season, do we just have the contract match 75% of each year.

Gonna have to address this for QBs going forward because this is going to become the standard.

Yearly negotiations with the contract committee on how your QB is going to cost, such fun.

I'd say a proposal of a 1 year deal fixed at the salary cap/whatever the IRL Deal is and at the end of the deal you can decide to keep him or not without wasting a 3up because you already used one. 

If it's a fixed amount and not a salary cap % as reported well business as usual.

Edited by SwoleXmad

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Gonna have to address this for QBs going forward because this is going to become the standard.

Yearly negotiations with the contract committee on how your QB is going to cost, such fun.

I'd say a proposal of a 1 year deal fixed at the salary cap and at the end of the deal you can decide to keep him or not without wasting a 3up because you already used one. 

I think what would amount to a series of auto-renewing year long deals might be the best way.  Use a 3Up the first year and that carries for the length of the contract.  You can use a 3Down to stop the auto-renewal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I think what would amount to a series of auto-renewing year long deals might be the best way.  Use a 3Up the first year and that carries for the length of the contract.  You can use a 3Down to stop the auto-renewal.

I'd be ok with this.