BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

48 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If there's no preseason...what would everyone think about removing rookies from the shark tank?  We won't have seen any of them anyways and it would make waivers more interesting this year.

Probably for the best, rookies ain't gonna be making an impact this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

If there's no preseason...what would everyone think about removing rookies from the shark tank?  We won't have seen any of them anyways and it would make waivers more interesting this year.

Yeah I'd be fine with that. Also, I'm not sure there's a point in waiting forever to do the shark tank

I vote no for keeping rookies out. I don’t like the idea of deciding for others who would be bad bids. 

Everyone knows what’s going on. Pheltz and I offered a big contract to Clowney in FA knowing full well he could be sitting on his couch come season start. The only comments made were that others wouldn’t have done the same, which is what it should be. If you don’t think rookies are a good investment because of COVID, don’t bid on them 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I vote no for keeping rookies out. I don’t like the idea of deciding for others who would be bad bids. 

Everyone knows what’s going on. Pheltz and I offered a big contract to Clowney in FA knowing full well he could be sitting on his couch come season start. The only comments made were that others wouldn’t have done the same, which is what it should be. If you don’t think rookies are a good investment because of COVID, don’t bid on them 

I can get behind this

15 minutes ago, Whicker said:

That's a valid point.

48 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Well said. I agree.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

What’s the point in rushing it?

Who said anything about rushing it and why is this always the response when I say something?

I never said do the Shark Tank now but the reality is, unless you're waiting until week 1 kickoff, you're not gonna get an answer on who is making the roster 

As far as Clowney, he is also an established talent, there is no mystery on how good he is unlike a rookie. The 2 really aren't comparable at all.

36 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Who said anything about rushing it and why is this always the response when I say something?

I never said do the Shark Tank now but the reality is, unless you're waiting until week 1 kickoff, you're not gonna get an answer on who is making the roster 

As far as Clowney, he is also an established talent, there is no mystery on how good he is unlike a rookie. The 2 really aren't comparable at all.

Is this always the response I give you when you say something? Really?