BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Williamsport LB Ulysses Gilbert 

Good get in Gilbert. he was inactive last week but I think next year is his time.

I'm not so sure. I feel like he's a definite career backup/special teams type. We'll see though, I certainly hope he'll be more than that.

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

Y'all decimated my waiver list and it's only Week 1. Figured I had a couple weeks to grab Runyan at least.

Having taken over your team in BDL and seeing how many waiver guys were Packers I thought for sure you were taking him at some point. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Having taken over your team in BDL and seeing how many waiver guys were Packers I thought for sure you were taking him at some point. 

That's odd because Rags usually homered the Packers players way more frequently and eagerly than I did.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

You guys see Casey Heyward, AFC defensive player of the week is ranked 95th out of 100 among CB's graded week 1? 

That's just a frame of reference for potential PFF'ers here. I'll never understand these grades.

I do understand their corner grades and I take them with a grain of salt when I see the number of targets and number of completions against. He was targeted 16 times. See the flaw in the system is that it assumes he was targeted this much because guys were open but no it was just Burrow kept going after him. He allowed half of those to be completed which is pretty dang good considering the volume he was tested, but the system sees a number of 8 completions and automatically discounts him. It doesn’t discount some of the other high performances they scored on the other corners because a lot of those guys really did have great games. You just have to know why they graded a guy like that so low and that target total is the flaw in the system as well as targets completed in comparison imo.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I do understand their corner grades and I take them with a grain of salt when I see the number of targets. He was targeted 16 times. See the flaw in the system is that it assumes he was targeted this much because guys were open but no it was just Burrow kept going after him. He allowed half of those to be completed which is pretty dang good considering the volume he was tested. It doesn’t discount some of the other high performances they scored on the other corners. You just have to know why they graded a guy like that so low and that target total is the flaw in the system imo.

But they hide the formula and explanations behind a paywall, if they give any context for the grade at all, which defeats the purpose of the grade.

• Like 1