BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

48 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Damn, I got piled on by all my Division foes last minute!  Sonsuhbeetches.

You were already out of it by the time I voted but I really did consider you. I think the matchup was close and so to me it came down to QBs. I think Murray would be slowed down by your defense a bit but don't think Wentz is able to get it done right now with the way he's playing.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean if you're gonna make a switch, I'd make it Burrow. If anyone has watched the Bengals play, imo he is the real deal. That oline Cincy has is trash. Yours is way better

I agree. Burrow's OL is playing terribly and it's certainly affecting him but you watch the games and you still see that Burrow is playing well and is acclimating well. Honestly, a lot of first round rookies (not all) are playing well. I think the no offseason thing has been slightly overblown in regards to those guys. I think the bigger impact is the late round/UDFA guys not having an offseason to show their skills and earn playing time.

Just now, rackcs said:

You were already out of it by the time I voted but I really did consider you. I think the matchup was close and so to me it came down to QBs. I think Murray would be slowed down by your defense a bit but don't think Wentz is able to get it done right now with the way he's playing.

I agree. Burrow's OL is playing terribly and it's certainly affecting him but you watch the games and you still see that Burrow is playing well and is acclimating well. Honestly, a lot of first round rookies (not all) are playing well. I think the no offseason thing has been slightly overblown in regards to those guys. I think the bigger impact is the late round/UDFA guys not having an offseason to show their skills and earn playing time.

I think the no off season has had more of an impact on conditioning preparedness more than anything else tbh

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think the no off season has had more of an impact on conditioning preparedness more than anything else tbh

That's definitely true and I think this week of huge injuries is partly due to that as well. I was more speaking to the narrative I saw in sports media of how rookies are going to really struggle this year. And while some of the first round guys are struggling, I don't think it's any different than normal really. You've got a guy like Mekhi Becton who many thought who would need a lot of refinement before he was ready and he's been killing it. Then there are guys like Derrick Brown who was supposed to be very pro ready and he's struggled a bit. It's interesting.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Current Power Rankings

1.  New Orleans 2-0 (Votes for 26)

2.  Williamsport 2-0 (Votes for 25)

3.  Seoul 2-0 (Votes for 21)

3.  Berlin 2-0 (Votes for 21)

3.  Camden 2-0 (Votes for 21)

6.   IC 1-1 (Votes for 18)

7.   Cuba 1-1 (Votes for 17)

8.   Lancaster 1-1 (Votes for 15)

8.   Gotham 1-1 (Votes for 15)

10.  Rome 1-1 (Votes for 13)

11.  Antarctica 1-1 (Votes for 12)

11.  Singapore 0-2 (Votes for 12)

13.  Sacramento 0-2 (Votes for 11)

14.  Hungary 0-2 (Votes for 10)

15.  OKC 0-2 (Votes for 8 )

16.   Portland 0-2 (Votes for 3)

• Like 3

Voted against me: Pheltz 2 (owns my 3rd), SirA1 2 (owns my 5th), Pickle Rick 2 (Played against), Camden 2 (Played against), MD4L 2 (owns my 7th), BCB 1, Blue 1, EPC 1, Ted 1, Malf 1, PR 1, Rack 1, Rags

Voted for me: Me 2, WW 2 (owns my 4th), Blue 1, BCB 1, Ted 1, Lukic 1, Ruskie 1, Rags 1, Rack 1