BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, PR said:

It's not dropped passes... He constantly over threw his targets. He always missed high. 

Probably because they couldn't get separation so he couldn't just put it in their chests. I'm not going to argue that Newton is the most accurate passer in the league or anything but calling him a glorified running back is ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Probably because they couldn't get separation so he couldn't just put it in their chests. I'm not going to argue that Newton is the most accurate passer in the league or anything but calling him a glorified running back is ridiculous.

You can think it is ******* ridiculous but you didn't have to watch every ******* bone headed throw the guy made missing his receivers wide open in the endzone and lose games because of it. I would have taken Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan along with another dozen QBs over him because we would have actually consistently won games. During his entire time in Carolina, he did not have two back to back winning seasons. 

1 minute ago, PR said:

You can think it is ******* ridiculous but you didn't have to watch every ******* bone headed throw the guy made missing his receivers wide open in the endzone and lose games because of it. I would have taken Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan along with another dozen QBs over him because we would have actually consistently won games. During his entire time in Carolina, he did not have two back to back winning seasons. 

Winning is not a QB stat. I repeat, winning is not a QB stat. Newton hardly had any help on offense from his weapons to his OL. No **** he's not going to play perfectly all the time.

Edited by rackcs

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Remember this during voting 

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

Winning is not a QB stat. I repeat, winning is not a QB stat. Newton hardly had any help on offense from his weapons to his OL. No **** he's not going to play perfectly all the time.

Yet another Cam Newton apologist. Blame everyone else, but is anything his fault? No. He isn't inaccurate, it's the receivers. He didn't win the game not because he overthrew receivers but because of the o-line. Yes there are times the o-line was absolutely dog****, but that wasn't the case every single year since he entered the league. It is consistent inaccuracy. 

1 hour ago, PR said:

Yet another Cam Newton apologist. Blame everyone else, but is anything his fault? No. He isn't inaccurate, it's the receivers. He didn't win the game not because he overthrew receivers but because of the o-line. Yes there are times the o-line was absolutely dog****, but that wasn't the case every single year since he entered the league. It is consistent inaccuracy. 

It almost sounds like you hate him personally? I think there are real flaws in his game and the past two season were not good. But I also think he’s been a great player over the decade and a legitimate QB. I’m not trying to change your opinion and let’s agree to disagree. I will repeat you tend to get emotionally fired up talking about Cam. That’s rather unfortunate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

It almost sounds like you hate him personally? I think there are real flaws in his game and the past two season were not good. But I also think he’s been a great player over the decade and a legitimate QB. I’m not trying to change your opinion and let’s agree to disagree. I will repeat you tend to get emotionally fired up talking about Cam. That’s rather unfortunate.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not trying to hype him, honestly, but Calviin Ridley is ******* legit.

Yea, not hyping him. He's real good.

• Like 1