BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Here is my honest thoughts on some elements of voting and I'm genuinely just thinking out loud and not criticizing or pointing fingers.

Having the name Tyrann Mathieu (just using this as an example) doesnt make a player great. Playing as well as Mathieu did makes a player great. There is a big difference and I feel like that mentality gets passed over at times. I feel like there should be a balance between how players performed irl in their RL scheme vs. How they would likely perform in BDL in the scheme they're being used by the owner and with the specific players on the roster here in BDL vs. Irl

If there were an area I'd say we could all do a better job, it's that imo, making sure we are looking at the matchups from an overall point of view rather than just a BDL or just a RL point of view.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Dang don’t touch Delpit and McKinney then 

The safeties in Pheltz division specifically.

Mathieu/James

Adams/Byard (BDL champions)

Fitzpatrick/Simmons

Jackson/Von Bell

What Pheltz didn’t mention is his high salary CBs weren’t as good this year(namely Norman).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Here is my honest thoughts on some elements of voting and I'm genuinely just thinking out loud and not criticizing or pointing fingers.

Having the name Tyrann Mathieu (just using this as an example) doesnt make a player great. Playing as well as Mathieu did makes a player great. There is a big difference and I feel like that mentality gets passed over at times. I feel like there should be a balance between how players performed irl in their RL scheme vs. How they would likely perform in BDL in the scheme they're being used by the owner and with the specific players on the roster here in BDL vs. Irl

If there were an area I'd say we could all do a better job, it's that imo, making sure we are looking at the matchups from an overall point of view rather than just a BDL or just a RL point of view.

I went through this with guys like Ryan Jensen and Anthony Castonzo being better than I thought unto the year ends. Heck, it took me around 12 weeks to recognize how good Justin Simmons has been this year. It’s why It’s a good thing when you say “player X who might have been average this year” is actually playing extremely well. It happens every year.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

You might end up with Burrow if I keep reading the draft forum on this site

I get one or the other without having the pressure of making the decision myself. Win-win. If someone wants to throw me the kitchen sink along with a yacht, awesome.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because you drafted Devin White round 1? I thought a big part of when I was voting for Rags in games was his Linebacker Corps

And Jlash won a championship with arguably the best LB duo in the league. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because you drafted Devin White round 1? I thought a big part of when I was voting for Rags in games was his Linebacker Corps

Maybe I missed it, but from my teams perspective, it didn't seem like adding White and Lavonte David made any noticeable difference when people were evaluating my gameplans or matchups.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Maybe I missed it, but from my teams perspective, it didn't seem like adding White and Lavonte David made any noticeable difference when people were evaluating my gameplans or matchups.

White didn’t play that well to start the year but he definitely turned it on later

44 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Linebackers are criminally underrated. 

30 minutes ago, MD4L said:

And Jlash won a championship with arguably the best LB duo in the league. 

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Linebackers are properly rated by voters.  What do they accomplish?

I said it before but I'll say it again. LB's are one of the positions in this league that if you have good ones they usually don't get mentioned as any sort of x factor, but if you have bad ones they get attacked mercilessly. 

• Like 2