BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. LB's are one of the positions in this league that if you have good ones they usually don't get mentioned as any sort of x factor, but if you have bad ones they get attacked mercilessly. 

Sounds like football 

8 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

OL is most undervalued except LT, which is overvalued. A great OL will almost always give you a great run game and will help a QB enormously.

The Eagles have the best C, RG, and RT in the league and were an average team. It’s impossible for us to define the true impact of an O-line

53 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because you drafted Devin White round 1? I thought a big part of when I was voting for Rags in games was his Linebacker Corps

I do love them.

48 minutes ago, MD4L said:

And Jlash won a championship with arguably the best LB duo in the league. 

They were very annoying to scheme around.

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. LB's are one of the positions in this league that if you have good ones they usually don't get mentioned as any sort of x factor, but if you have bad ones they get attacked mercilessly. 

Agreed 100%.  But if you have two LBs who can handle the run game, cover the RB, and at least limit the TE...it gives a ton of flexibility for game planning.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The point is I’d argue the Eagles and Colts had the best O lines this year but it didn’t make either offense unstoppable or even particularly good 

The Eagles also lost all their WRs to injury and the Colts had Brissett.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The point is I’d argue the Eagles and Colts had the best O lines this year but it didn’t make either offense unstoppable or even particularly good 

To be fair they both were without at least their top 2-3 wr and the Colts were using a backup qb 

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

Which is the point. My argument is in response to Lukic saying O-lines are underrated. I don’t believe they are 

Naw.  Look at the Browns.  All the playmakers in the world are but they couldn't block a paraplegic 

• Like 2