The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Next week will be the big test. XFL 1.0 got twice the expected viewership for their season opener (54 million, I think) and it immediately nosedived from there - it tanked down to a week seven primetime game that was the lowest rated prime time show ever.

So, while this was a fun week to take in, it still has a very long way to go.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Michael had like 10 carries and every single one was -1,0, or 1 yard. lol

I think that's a point of work - offensive line play with the run. It was lacking just about everywhere, nobody was able to run inside the Ts. Any good run was off-tackle. 

It'll be interesting to see how - or IF - this improves.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Next week will be the big test. XFL 1.0 got twice the expected viewership for their season opener (54 million, I think) and it immediately nosedived from there - it tanked down to a week seven primetime game that was the lowest rated prime time show ever.

So, while this was a fun week to take in, it still has a very long way to go.

I would like to echo this.  I think the major difference is going to be the quality of the game this time.  It's head and shoulders above what 1.0 looked like.  If that continues, with the additions like coach mic, and kickoff etc.. I can see it working out.  Could be wrong, but I think they've got something.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think that's a point of work - offensive line play with the run. It was lacking just about everywhere, nobody was able to run inside the Ts. Any good run was off-tackle. 

It'll be interesting to see how - or IF - this improves.

Agreed, run game inside was super inconsistent across the board. Keith Ford had a couple big ones but they were outside, hard running, but outside. Michael couldn't do anything before he was engulfed. I honestly thought maybe the run game would be better than it was since they were selling it like every team was gonna have 400 yards passing min. 

I think it was better yesterday than today, but my biggest thing is how I never felt like OMG YOU SUCK REFS like I do most Sundays. They didn't try to take over like they always want to in the NFL. 

They didn't go over the top with anything and all the rule changes mostly make sense and don't feel like a gimmick. Everyone talked about the 3 pt play but mostly everyone's going for 1, I still expect that to change though. The rates from the 5 vs 2 have to end up being too close.

• Like 1