2019 Conference Championship Games

Leader

Sunday, January 19
Tennessee @ Kansas City  -  3:05PM  -  CBS
Green Bay @ San Francisco  -  6:40PM  -  FOX

Down to the final four.

Storylines:
Can Derrick Henry change the character of his game against KC to blunt their passing attack?
Can Aaron Rodgers lead the GBPs to his second Super Bowl (and Lombardi Trophy)?

This is kind of a gravy game for the Packers .. not expected to win, won't get much respect from the media.  Just let it all hang out and then see how things play out.  San Fran is beatable, but the Packers obviously need to bring the A game to town this time.  Packers should go in with a chip on their shoulders.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is kind of a gravy game for the Packers .. not expected to win, won't get much respect from the media.  Just let it all hang out and then see how things play out.  San Fran is beatable, but the Packers obviously need to bring the A game to town this time.  Packers should go in with a chip on their shoulders.

Rodgers and the Packers have they Niners right where they want them.  Not only do most think the Niners will win but win big. They will come into this game cocky which is dangerous against Rodgers. MLF needs to watch that Falcons game and see what they did the upset SF in SF. 

10 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Rodgers and the Packers have they Niners right where they want them.  Not only do most think the Niners will win but win big. They will come into this game cocky which is dangerous against Rodgers. MLF needs to watch that Falcons game and see what they did the upset SF in SF. 

To me this has a Ravens/Titans feel to it. Ravens came in believing their own hype and got punched in the mouth early and never recovered. The Packers need a fast start to this game, at least a 14-0 lead early and let the Smiths go to work.

As for the Titans/Chiefs, I think the Titans take this one. They are going to pound Henry all day long and wear out that Chiefs defense along with the Chiefs ability to score fast isn't going to help their defense. 

Edited by dwaye50327

9 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

As for the Titans/Chiefs, I think the Titans take this one. They are going to pound Henry all day long and wear out that Chiefs defense along with the Chiefs ability to score fast isn't going to help their defense. 

This is gonna be TNs game plan - but as evidenced yesterday against HOU - KC can score fast - which will shift focus to Tannehill.
Gonna be an interesting game.

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Wonder how the Redskins feel, didn't they have both Lafluer and Shanahan on their team at the same time at one point? And now both guys are in the NFC championship as head coaches.

This is why they are the Redskins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Seattle almost beat them twice, and we beat Seattle....In theory, this would indicate we can beat the 49ers...

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Seattle almost beat them twice, and we beat Seattle....In theory, this would indicate we can beat the 49ers...

SEA almost beat them twice the same way RW almost beat us yesterday - letting Wilson scrambles and outside the pocket passes get their offense moving.

We'll need AR to do the same IMO.

He sits in the pocket....he'll have to pass it really quick or we'll be wasting downs with WR screens and stuff.

I cant tell you how pleased I am that we "refound" the TE position yesterday.  We're gonna need a similar game from JG this weekend.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

SEA almost beat them twice the same way RW almost beat us yesterday - letting Wilson scrambles and outside the pocket passes get their offense moving.

We'll need AR to do the same IMO.

He sits in the pocket....he'll have to pass it really quick or we'll be wasting downs with WR screens and stuff.

I cant tell you how pleased I am that we "refound" the TE position yesterday.  We're gonna need a similar game from JG this weekend.

Not sure that's going to happen....Rodger's hasn't been the effective scrambler he 's been in past years....This and he was acting as if he had a sore foot or leg last night....The key is getting rid of the ball quickly....Indecisiveness will work heavily in the niner's favor....

And I also wish he (Rodgers) would stop that insane loud cadence in an attempt to get the defense to jump offsides....It's getting rather passe and everybody in the stands along with the other team knows what he's trying to do....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Not sure that's going to happen....Rodger's hasn't been the effective scrambler he 's been in past years....This and he acting as if he had a sore foot or leg last night....The key is getting rid of the ball quickly....Indecisiveness will work heavily in the niner's favor....

Agree to a degree.

A bunch of quick short passes that result in completions but little (if any) YAC - doesnt serve to move the chains against a fast, aggressive and attacking defense. 

Stuff like last night? Yes. Slants and such - are preferable (and almost mandated...) over long evolving patterns.

I also think BOTH Williams and Jones will be really important against SF. We need to pound them somewhat with straight ahead / between the tackles running that gets 4-5 yards a pop. Going "sideways" with pitches, tosses or a heavy dose of off tackle stuff....is gonna get hunted down quick.

We'll see.