2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Would be like Zeke going to cowboys... instant superstar...  but that is good news to hear that LT class is elite... 

Who is saying that? That couldn't be further from the truth. It's actually very thin. There isn't a single "elite" prospect in the bunch.

McGlinchey looks like the top LT and he has struggled at times, including against Miami last week. After him, you have a bunch of 2nd-3rd round types with issues athletically or otherwise. None that overly excite but will be over drafted based on need by teams.

I'll be focused on the senior bowl too see how Desmond Harrison (west Georgia) stacks up. He was kicked out of Texas and has been dominate in a weaker division this season. He may rise. 

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who is saying that? That couldn't be further from the truth. It's actually very thin. There isn't a single "elite" prospect in the bunch.

McGlinchey looks like the top LT and he has struggled at times, including against Miami last week. After him, you have a bunch of 2nd-3rd round types with issues athletically or otherwise. None that overly excite but will be over drafted based on need by teams.

I'll be focused on the senior bowl too see how Desmond Harrison (west Georgia) stacks up. He was kicked out of Texas and has been dominate in a weaker division this season. He may rise. 

Both Orlando Brown and Connor Williams project to go in round 1.

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Rankins, Adams, Hyatt and Okorafor are all in the 1st round of at least 5 of the 20 or so mocks I monitor as well. I know all these guys won't go in the 1st and maybe even not the 2nd with more games to play and the scouting season ahead but at this point that is a strong crop if you're looking at the position early.

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Rankins, Adams, Hyatt and Okorafor are all in the 1st round of at least 5 of the 20 or so mocks I monitor as well. I know all these guys won't go in the 1st and maybe even not the 2nd with more games to play and the scouting season ahead but at this point that is a strong crop if you're looking at the position early.

I’ve been hearing rumors about depth of the tackle position into the 3rd round as well. If I’m honest, I’m not excited about picking a tackle in the first round. I’d rather go pass rusher or running back if the talent is there.

52 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Connor Wiiliams is pretty raw and has been injured half the year but im hoping he plays saturday cause id like to review him.

Brown is a rock solid mid 1st imo. I think he's a perfect fit for our style of linemen.

McGlinchey has really struggled against speed this year. I dont see him as the top tackle.

Trey Adams is my #1 but he hurt his knee and already said hes coming back to school.

Martinas Rankin is my favorite after Adams. He needs to get stronger but hes a terrfic athlete with varsatility and smarts.

Testing will be essential in determining the top tackle this year.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Does't make the class "elite". The class is average to below average. There isn't a LT who looks like a surefire top pick. And the guys taken in round 1 will have some question marks to if they can even play LT at the next level. 

Orlando  Brown is an example of how disappointing this tackle class is. He struggles with speed, plays to high and gets away with it in college because of his size. His comparison is DJ Fluker. He's not quick enough and doesn't have good enough feet to play LT in the NFL. 

Williams biggest concern is his arm length. His skill set, feet, etc. all warrant a 1st round grade. His size and arm length will have some question if he should play G at the next level. He's on par with Ryan Ramczyk who went bottom 1 last year.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I’ve been hearing rumors about depth of the tackle position into the 3rd round as well. If I’m honest, I’m not excited about picking a tackle in the first round. I’d rather go pass rusher or running back if the talent is there.

Exactly. This class, you'll find a mid-round gem. There are not elite tier guys who jump off the screen. IMO value starts 20 down similar to last years class. 

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Rankin - Lacks power and strength. He gets pushed to the ground to often and overpowered. He will need to show out at the senior bowl or his stock will drop

Adams - likely returns to UW. Shame he suffered a season ending knee injury this season. Great player however. If he does declare, possible steal coming off the knee

Hyatt - Where are you seeing him mocked as a 1? He get brutally taken to task by undersized edge players. Seen him marked a 4-5th round pick based on skill set. But will go higher because of the need at tackle in the league. Hyatt needs to return and get stronger and raise his stock. He's not a good player

Okorafor - Mocking him in the first is just being cute and trying to project an under the radar player to rise. He's a 3rd at best who may rise to a 2 like his teammate former teammate Moton.

There are 2 LT prospects who should go in round 1. McGlinchey and Williams. The rest would simply point to teams desperate for tackles. Rounds 3-4 IMO is where you'll find value in this class. Harrison,  Wynn, Dillard, Parker, Crosby. 

On 11/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, big_palooka said:

Rankin - Lacks power and strength. He gets pushed to the ground to often and overpowered. He will need to show out at the senior bowl or his stock will drop

Adams - likely returns to UW. Shame he suffered a season ending knee injury this season. Great player however. If he does declare, possible steal coming off the knee

Hyatt - Where are you seeing him mocked as a 1? He get brutally taken to task by undersized edge players. Seen him marked a 4-5th round pick based on skill set. But will go higher because of the need at tackle in the league. Hyatt needs to return and get stronger and raise his stock. He's not a good player

Okorafor - Mocking him in the first is just being cute and trying to project an under the radar player to rise. He's a 3rd at best who may rise to a 2 like his teammate former teammate Moton.

There are 2 LT prospects who should go in round 1. McGlinchey and Williams. The rest would simply point to teams desperate for tackles. Rounds 3-4 IMO is where you'll find value in this class. Harrison,  Wynn, Dillard, Parker, Crosby. 

What about Orlando Brown Jr.?

what would you guys think of this Mock

1st- Orlando Brown LT

2nd- Malik Jefferson LB

3rd- Kahlil Mckenzie NT

4th-  Trade for TJ Yeldon... young physical back, Jags have him on the block now....

Rest of the draft bpa with an emphasis on defense........ free agency, go grab a pass rusher or two, and a cornerback....

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

1st- Orlando Brown LT

2nd- Malik Jefferson LB

3rd- Kahlil Mckenzie NT

4th-  Trade for TJ Yeldon... young physical back, Jags have him on the block now....

Rest of the draft bpa with an emphasis on defense........ free agency, go grab a pass rusher or two, and a cornerback....

Would rather go pass rusher in round 1.

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

1st- Orlando Brown LT

2nd- Malik Jefferson LB

3rd- Kahlil Mckenzie NT

Malik jefferson in the 2nd? Thats cute. No way in hell he makes it out of the 1st

And no pass rusher in 1st 4 rounds simply wont do

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Malik jefferson in the 2nd? Thats cute. No way in hell he makes it out of the 1st

And no pass rusher in 1st 4 rounds simply wont do

I wouldn’t be so sure on Jefferson, he’s a lot of hype. A good player no doubt and makes some slash plays, great athlete but I have a feeling he’ll be over valued by the fans. He may go in the first but it wouldn’t be a total shock to see him slide to the early second. He leaves some to be desired for how gifted physically he is. Time will tell. 

Archived