GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ll have you all know that vodka straight is the best possible option.  Scotch tasted stupid.  I tried it and it’s stupid.  Whiskey is stupid.  Rum is stupid.  Gin is stupid.  When you’re talking something straight, it’s vodka.  

Lol where the hell did this come from

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

4,002 YDs. 26 TDs. 4 INTs. 95.4 rating. 13-3 record and division champs.

That's "bad"? Like I said, spoiled brats

You say spoiled brats, I see brainwashed idiots who refuse to see what's right in front of them. He's not holding us back but he's not doing anything to carry us either.

Y'all will come around and see it was there eventually

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

You say spoiled brats, I see brainwashed idiots who refuse to see what's right in front of them. He's not holding us back but he's not doing anything to carry us either.

Y'all will come around and see it was there eventually

And no QB is going to carry any team. Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, Cobb, Adams did the heavy lifting. Furthermore, if your defense keeps setting records for incompetence every Playoff appearance, it doesn't really matter. 

And until the Super Bowl moves to the Arctic Circle, I am sick of Rodgers talking about needing home field. If you need ice and snow to level the playing field, you're not good enough.

Edited by cannondale

11 minutes ago, Slinky said:

4,002 YDs. 26 TDs. 4 INTs. 95.4 rating. 13-3 record and division champs.

That's "bad"? Like I said, spoiled brats

He was 11th in ANY/A this year.  Of the top 12 QBs in terms of ANY/A, he was dead last in CMP%, 2nd to last in TD%, and dead last in Y/A.  He wasn't good this year.  He's still a top 12 QB, but he certainly didn't play like the elite QB he's getting paid to.  He's T-3rd highest paid QB behind Russell Wilson and Big Ben.  He's tied with Jared Goff.  That's not good.  If you can't be critical of your star players, you probably aren't going to be level-headed in that regard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And no QB is going to carry a team. Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, Cobb, Adams. Furthermore, if your defense keeps setting records for incompetence every Playoff appearance, it doesn't really matter. 

And until the Super Bowl moves to the Arctic Circle, I am sick of Rodgers talking about needing home field. If you need ice and snow to level the playing field, you're not good enough.

Carry isn't really the word I wanted to use there TBH. But yeah i agree with ya

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And no QB is going to carry any team. Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, Cobb, Adams did the heavy lifting. Furthermore, if your defense keeps setting records for incompetence every Playoff appearance, it doesn't really matter. 

Except we've seen great QBs play with less than ideal receiving corps.  If you need 3+ top 64 pick WRs to have success, maybe he's not as good as we think he is.  He's been blessed by having some of the best WR corps since he's entered the league.  We talk about QBs elevating the play of their WRs.  Tonight, roughly 31% of the non-Davante Adams targets went to RBs.  We had as many targets to our WRs not named Davante Adams as he had thrown to our RBs.  Our offense is too predictable.  It's the Davante Adams/Aaron Jones show.

And yes, our WR corps needs improvement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except we've seen great QBs play with less than ideal receiving corps.  If you need 3+ top 64 pick WRs to have success, maybe he's not as good as we think he is.  He's been blessed by having some of the best WR corps since he's entered the league.  We talk about QBs elevating the play of their WRs.  Tonight, roughly 31% of the non-Davante Adams targets went to RBs.  We had as many targets to our WRs not named Davante Adams as he had thrown to our RBs.  Our offense is too predictable.  It's the Davante Adams/Aaron Jones show.

And yes, our WR corps needs improvement.

Bottom line is the Packers have to adjust if that's what's needed. Rodgers is the same age as Favre was when he looked old and cold against the Giants. His contract is the cost of doing business. There was no way around that. So instead of letting the WR position melt away to nothing, the weapons need to increase to compensate for any drop off in Rodgers talent. How can you expect Rodgers to get older and do more with less than he had for the decade previous ?? That's unrealistic thinking. Rodgers in his prime didn't do more with less. There were patches (due to injury etc) when guys couldn't get open. All that said, Gute has had a mountain to climb and tonight proves we arent there yet

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2