GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

2 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Offense looked good right from Go in 2nd half. Those were not garbage points..

D got a ball with 6:30 left and we are down 14. Brady and Wilson won SB and NFCCG in the similar situation. Only key is their defense woke up at right time and made stops and our D never woke up.

If you score a TD on 3 drives in the second half and still lose by 3 ******* scores, it was garbage time. The defense allowed 10 points in the second half. You can't kill a defense for allowing 10 points in a half. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you score a TD on 3 drives in the second half and still lose by 3 ******* scores, it was garbage time. The defense allowed 10 points in the second half. You can't kill a defense for allowing 10 points in a half. 

49ers must have took their foot off the gas on offense 2nd half ... it can work both ways.  And yes you can kill a defense when they give up 280 yards rushing ... period.  It doesn't matter when it happened ... it continued on this horrible run D all game along.

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

49ers must have took their foot off the gas on offense 2nd half ... it can work both ways.  And yes you can kill a defense when they give up 280 yards rushing ... period.  It doesn't matter when it happened ... it continued on this horrible run D all game along.

Fine, kill the defense. You're right, that's poorly worded, but to try and give the offense a damn pass like the game wasn't over at halftime due to their god awful performance is just wrong. 

Everything about the team was ******* awful last night. People trying to salvage Rodgers from this are absurd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Stop trying to blame the Packers poor performance all on Rodgers.

The run defense was absolutely pitiful today. Historically pathetic.

Of course the defense was ****ty. The defense was unquestionably awful. 

But the offense was right there with them. 14 first half drives and not a single point is honestly amazing. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fine, kill the defense. You're right, that's poorly worded, but to try and give the offense a damn pass like the game wasn't over at halftime due to their god awful performance is just wrong. 

Everything about the team was ******* awful last night. People trying to salvage Rodgers from this are absurd. 

Rodgers was average against that D ... nothing more nothing less.  Packers needed him to be like 5 years ago and they didn't get it.  Point being, this team needs a lot more talent to compete next year on both sides of the ball cuz he aint what he used to be.  Packers  need a complete offensive and defensive team including special teams which was also awful last night.  Rodgers at this time in his career isn't going to carry this team.  

Edited by coachbuns

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of course the defense was ****ty. The defense was unquestionably awful. But the offense was right there with them. 14 first half drives and not a single point is honestly amazing. 

This ^

It *was* a bad day....on the wrong day to have a bad day.

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Rodgers was average against that D ... nothing more nothing less.  Packers needed him to be like 5 years ago and they didn't get it.  Point being, this team needs a lot more talent to compete next year on both sides of the ball cuz he aint what he used to be.  Packers  need a complete offensive and defensive team including special teams which was also awful last night.  Rodgers at this time in his career isn't going to carry this team.  

Rodgers wasn't average. 2 TOs in the first half and zero points. That's how you get blown out.

Yes. The Packers got beat down hard yesterday. For many reasons and in many ways, they just flat out got beat. To win a Super Bowl, yes they need to just be better across the board.

That said, I still have a great level of calm today. Going into the season, I was saying 10, maybe 11 wins, and hope the season came down to the Vikings game for the NFC North. I thought that would be a good year for GB and where I hoped they could get.

Instead, in many ways they exceeded those expectations. 13-3 and the number 2 seed. Handling the Seahawks at home, a dangerous team in their own right.

Fact of it is, I never thought the Packers roster was "there" yet to begin with. That's what I saw exposed. A defense that is almost literally one man in the middle of the DL trying to hold back the dam. The Smiths are fine on the edge but Clark is the only + player in the interior front. The rest are OK on a good day and on a bad... well we just saw that. On offense, they have Adams and Jones. Past that it's a bunch of guys who are fringe roster guys at best. If you can contain those two, the Packers don't really have anyone else that can beat the coverage consistently enough. Rodgers can hit an open window but you can't count on him to consistently throw guys open anymore. The OL should have played better than it did last night. I understand SF has a very good front, but the Packers OL usually play better than that. I don't have an explanation as to why, but they definitely underperformed.

It's year one under a new HC. It was definitely steps in the right direction. We will see if they address what we think they should this offseason, but based on the past year, I see every reason to stay optimistic.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers wasn't average. 2 TOs in the first half and zero points. That's how you get blown out.

He stunk it up in the first half when it mattered .. no denying it here.  We need to figure out how to get the best out of him, because he's not retiring and the Packers are not ready to move on from him.  I think he can be plenty good with improved weapons and even more emphasis on the running game. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He stunk it up in the first half when it mattered .. no denying it here.  We need to figure out how to get the best out of him, because he's not retiring and the Packers are not ready to move on from him.  I think he can be plenty good with improved weapons and even more emphasis on the running game. 

If you're going to put an average QB on the field with a chance of winning, you need to have elite talent on offense around him and on defense. That becomes immensely difficult to do when all of your picks are in the 20s and your QB is making 30 per.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wonder how many QBs young or old could orchestrate a dominate offense with the lack of weapons we currently have.   Everyone considers Brady the goat but his team struggled with only one decent WR.  Brees had a couple of lousy seasons until NO improved the team around him.  Look at the talent on the Chiefs and 9ers.   I would imagine if Rodgers had that supporting cast he would be playing in 2 weeks instead of emptying out his locker today.  NO QB can do it alone.  I like the direction this team is headed.  They exceeded my expectations and if some of the issues we saw last night are corrected 2020 should be even more fun.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Massive overreacting after a 14 win season no one predicted. About what I expected from this group in this forum.

I enjoyed this season a lot. We didn't show up in Cali all year for some reason. Don't feel anything like I did after 2016 loss to ATL. This team is on the rise and not the decline.

It is on the rise in the next 2-3 year window.  There are holes to fill, so how much improvement will be determined by how (well)those holes get filled.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

It is on the rise in the next 2-3 year window.  There are holes to fill, so how much improvement will be determined by how (well)those holes get filled.

Every team will have holes to fill this off-season. We have money to do it. We'll be fine. Gute is no Ted in that regard. He's going to attack this 4 year window with all hes got.