GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Nobody gets a pass that's for sure. For all the good Gute has done, his 2 drafts are starting to look pretty damn shaky

Well he picked some studs and some duds, which is typical for any team. The biggest thing is if he cuts his loses or denies that certain players are lost causes like Thompson did. He has tried to upgrade during the season, so I guess he might cut his loses.

52 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Yup, nowadays you suck for a while and then win a super bowl.  Or you have a HOF QB that makes you pretty good for a while but not good enough for a super bowl.  

Same thing will happen with Mahomes.  He's cheap right now so they're loaded and he very well might win his first.  Then he will get a mega deal and the rest of the roster will fall apart. 

Sure must be nice. 49ers have picked 2nd, 9th, 3rd (originally 2nd), and 7th the past four drafts. Plus they were able to grab the 31st pick in '17 and 28th pick in 2016 thanks to their early/mid round picks being higher.

They had better win this year (also, go Chiefs because **** the 49ers) as they're going to start having to make some contract decisions as those rookie contracts lapse.

27 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Major weakness all year was not stopping the run.  We got exposed in a big way.  We have been talking about this all season.  We need IDL help.   We need a big run stuffing DT that was the missing piece and has been all season.  On to the draft.  I went snowmobiling to get this loss out of my system calmed down now.  Time to reflect.  Still don't want to hear the nobody expected this season crap.  That's no consolation after such a bitter defeat.  IDL and ILB to fortify the D.  Also a good press corner.  On offense pick up a few weapons and we should be ok.  The middle of the D needs to be strengthened.  You can't win if you can't stop the run.  Expect Gutey to fix this in the offseason.

Honestly, your backers and ends were just as big of a detriment in stopping the run, but more importantly what a horrendous game called by Pettine. To continue playing that light front while the Niners made no secret they were going to run it every single time is baffling. I get that he didn't want to give up the long play from the PA, but at some point you have to put a stop to getting annihilated play after play.

Still, nice season and getting to the conference championship four times in this decade was still impressive! 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, your backers and ends were just as big of a detriment in stopping the run, but more importantly what a horrendous game called by Pettine. To continue playing that light front while the Niners made no secret they were going to run it every single time is baffling. I get that he didn't want to give up the long play from the PA, but at some point you have to put a stop to getting annihilated play after play.

Still, nice season and getting to the conference championship four times in this decade was still impressive! 

The NFC West is all secretly owned by the same guy, and he takes turns tanking with a couple of his teams some years.  He then has everything timed so that at least one team is elite off of those high draft picks while the others are in tank mode.    

Change my mind. 

49 minutes ago, Norm said:

You have a top 500-700 QB for anyone on Earth.

You're still overrating Mitch. My 9-year-old daughter can read a defense better than he can.

Anyhow, guys. Please Ignore dafreak and I apologize for him on behalf of us Bears fans. I know it would annoy the hell out of me too if one of you come into our forum after a tough loss in the playoffs and ran your mouth (especially in a non-sensical way).

He was already exposed a couple of years ago as being a Packers fan by his post history in this very same sub while talking to all of you about the Packers and saying "us", 'we", etc. At some point, he started to claim he was a Bears fan.

I can't say "good luck" to you because I wouldn't mean it at all....it's just not in my nature, as I'm sure you can all understand. I was only scrolling through here and saw that he/she/whatever it is was making a fool of himself and I felt obligated to post this.

We'll see ya next season fellas.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

The NFC West is all secretly owned by the same guy, and he takes turns tanking with a couple of his teams some years.  He then has everything timed so that at least one team is elite off of those high draft picks while the others are in tank mode.    

Change my mind. 

Ya know, you may be on to something!

Trust is though, this team has just as many late round/UDFA contributors than high picks. Then obviously BB gifting us Jimmy G was huge. But hitting on mid-late round picks such as Warner/Greenlaw/Kittle and having UDFA contributors such as Moseley/Mostert/Breida/Bourne has been huge. Hitting on the big FA signings in Sherman/Alexander were great as well.

All in all, this is a well constructed team from all levels. Shanahan being a borderline genius helps too! 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our defensive line couldn't shed blocks. Our ILB's were allowing guards and tackles to get in space & block them 6-10 yards down the field. Tragic. Pettine literally did the same thing over & over again & expected a different result. Definition of insanity. Only adjustment I saw was instead of lining up 5 yards off the ball eventually the ILB's were lining up 6-9 yards off the ball.

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

Just now, Silent502 said:

Our defensive line couldn't shed blocks. Our ILB's were allowing guards and tackles to get in space & block them 6-10 yards down the field. Tragic. Pettine literally did the same thing over & over again & expected a different result. Definition of insanity. Only adjustment I saw was instead of lining up 5 yards off the ball eventually the ILB's were lining up 6-9 yards off the ball.

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

Thanks!

Yeah, Pettine had one of the worst performances from any coordinator that I've seen in a while. Just bad all around. 

What are you guys wanting to address in the draft early this year? DL help? WR? CB? 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

He isn't worthless ... he just isn't as good as he used to be.  He's no longer a mvp player ... he's an older, not as talented player.  Our previous expectations are no longer valid.  We must reevaluate and put better around him.  Rodgers magic is not as strong as it used to be. 

We lost this game even if he was playing at MVP level too.

The only way packers can win the ball game was to make Jimmy G throw the ball and how many did he throw?.

Come on  Guys every QB will have a bad half in the postseason at some point of time. You will win SB only of defense makes the stops during that bad half.

I can't get over 200 yards rushing in the first half. That's what North Central Arkansas AT&T Barber College gives up to Alabama. Legit flashbacks to Kaepernick. I bailed on the second half to save what was left of my sanity, where Shannahan probably called off the dogs and the Packers offense struggled against a disinterested Prevent defense to make the score better than the 63-7 score that it should have been. Legit sick and tired of debacles. Losses I can handle. Dumpster fires just sap my energy. Zero reasons for that. Zero excuses. Nonsense.

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ya know, you may be on to something!

Trust is though, this team has just as many late round/UDFA contributors than high picks. Then obviously BB gifting us Jimmy G was huge. But hitting on mid-late round picks such as Warner/Greenlaw/Kittle and having UDFA contributors such as Moseley/Mostert/Breida/Bourne has been huge. Hitting on the big FA signings in Sherman/Alexander were great as well.

All in all, this is a well constructed team from all levels. Shanahan being a borderline genius helps too! 

ha true, but man it's like the whole division took it personally when Seattle made the playoffs at 7-9.  Since then...

SF - 13-3 - NFCCG

SF - 11-4-1 - SB

SF defense getting old/retiring/drunk driving and Kap figured out? Well here comes the Legion of Boom

SS - 13-3 - SB Champs

SS- 12-4 - SB

Legion of Boom falls apart? Well here comes Arizona out of nowhere

AC - 13-3

etc.

etc.

Like come on...just go away please :D

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

ha true, but man it's like the whole division took it personally when Seattle made the playoffs at 7-9.  Since then...

SF - 13-3 - NFCCG

SF - 11-4-1 - SB

SF defense getting old/retiring/drunk driving and Kap figured out? Well here comes the Legion of Boom

SS - 13-3 - SB Champs

SS- 12-4 - SB

Legion of Boom falls apart? Well here comes Arizona out of nowhere

AC - 13-3

etc.

etc.

Like come on...just go away please :D

Seattle really does have a trash roster overall now, but they just have that midget now who is freaking insanely good. Now THAT annoys me the most lol.

Yeah, but Seattle as well made their team off mid-late round picks in Wilson/Sherman/Chancellor and nice FA signings in Bennett/Avril.

Just wait until the Cardinals hit on their next few drafts and become the next beast of the NFC!