GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

Rodgers absolutely deserves blame when we were down 27-0 at some point. If we were on the other side, we would say we shut him down and all those numbers were garbage time yardage and prevent defense, and you know it.

200 yards given up on ground in the first half. 200. 200. S.F punted twice, one on the opening drive. Garopplo threw the ball 8 times and that was 8 times more than he needed to. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I started to compile but feel like going to bed now, but would be curious to see Rodgers total stats from NFCG vs Chicago, Seattle and first halves of ATL and SF before those two games were garbage time (down a combined 51-0 at half the last two NFCCGs... gross).

I bet it's abysmal. Rodgers hasn't played well in any of his 4 NFCGs. His legacy will reflect this.

Last night is not in PFR yet but I will try to compile this later, good night sweet prince

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I started to compile but feel like going to bed now, but would be curious to see Rodgers total stats from NFCG vs Chicago, Seattle and first halves of ATL and SF before those two games were garbage time (down a combined 51-0 at half the last two NFCCGs... gross).

I bet it's abysmal. Rodgers hasn't played well in any of his 4 NFCGs. His legacy will reflect this.

He started very well against ATL.

His both drives in 1st qtr are  missed FG and Fumble inside 15 yard line by Ripowski. ATL put 17 points by then scoring in all 3 drives.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

200 yards given up on ground in the first half. 200. 200. S.F punted twice, one on the opening drive. Garopplo threw the ball 8 times and that was 8 times more than he needed to. 

Felt like we lost this game when LaFleur punted on 4th and 1.5 from midfield after our defense forced a 3 and out to start the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Sure, that's terrible, and I'm complaining about that already in other threads. Doesn't mean the offense didn't suck, SF running at will over our defense doesn't mean we can't score points of our own between their drives.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

As an appetizer, found this in the General Board:

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

As an appetizer, found this in the General Board:

Well those are stats that certainly deserve being down 30-0 at halftime 9_9  Estimating that had the 49ers not taken their foot off the gas, Rodgers would have needed to score 70. That's certainly not too much to ask.

Edited by cannondale

Ben Fennell -  Packers defense allowing 285 yards on 42 carries vs 49ers felt all too similar to the Divisional game in January 2013 vs 49ers where they allowed 323 yards on 43 rushes... In the last 600 Packer games... those are the 2 worst run defense performances.

Each game also allowed 4 rushing TDs. Only 2008 vs CAR allowed more with 5 TDs
Other time allowing 4 TDs? Super Bowl XXXII vs DEN

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -  Packers defense allowing 285 yards on 42 carries vs 49ers felt all too similar to the Divisional game in January 2013 vs 49ers where they allowed 323 yards on 43 rushes... In the last 600 Packer games... those are the 2 worst run defense performances.

Each game also allowed 4 rushing TDs. Only 2008 vs CAR allowed more with 5 TDs
Other time allowing 4 TDs? Super Bowl XXXII vs DEN

Cut Rodgers