GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

At times yes, at times it was spot on. Not enough sample size to call it regression. Football isn't baseball, a bad 8 game stretch is 50% of an NFL season and 5% of an MLB season. You also have variables of the first offensive scheme change of his career and the first time that targets like Kumerow, Lazard saw significant burn and his other targets in MVS, Allison and Graham are limited in their own right. Ship needs to be righted there but I haven't seen it consistently enough to call it regression.

I think you're lying to yourself.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you're lying to yourself.

I think you've made your point in a few threads.  So what do you suggest we do with this decrepit QB?  Make a trade and draft his replacement or try to surround him with better talent?

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I think you've made your point in a few threads.  So what do you suggest we do with this decrepit QB?  Make a trade and draft his replacement or try to surround him with better talent?

There's nothing we can do. His play puts a cap on our team's potential. But due to his contract, we're stuck with him. Look forward to 3 more years of losing in the playoffs the first time we play a good team.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's nothing we can do. His play puts a cap on our team's potential. But due to his contract, we're stuck with him. Look forward to 3 more years of losing in the playoffs the first time we play a good team.

Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's weak ... throw out some actual ideas of what the Packers can do to make things work better.  We know that Rodgers is probably going nowhere, so work with what he have, and what we can do going forward.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's weak ... throw out some actual ideas of what the Packers can do to make things work better.  We know that Rodgers is probably going nowhere, so work with what he have, and what we can do going forward.

C'mon, that's almost asking to look forward and have hope.....he can't do that.  He's Mr. Hindsight, can always tell you what's wrong and back it up with cherry picked numbers.

Christ, we had a first year coach and a roster full of holes.  We went 13-3, Won the division.  Won a divisional playoff game. Played in the NFCCG and got beat while turning in a record setting poor performance by our defense.  Of course it's the QBs fault?!?!?!

Jeezus, the last 25 pages of this thread was like listening to some rich kid pissed off about the kind of car mommy and daddy bought him for his birthday.

We had a remarkable year for all the expectations coming in.  It's ok to enjoy it a little.  Holes to fill? You bet, just like at least 30 other teams.  It's the NFL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is it on the rise? I think the overall roster talent is, but that could easily be offset by further regression from Rodgers.

Serious question....How can he further regress?  His deep ball was pretty poor most the year.  Really the offense "clicked" when Adams was out and he had to look elsewhere.  Adams back?  Only has eyes for him.  Body language was better than the year prior, but still not good.

I guess I don't feel like he can play worse.  My hope is that they bring in a young, drafted WR with skills and a good vet to help out the receiving room.  And maybe, just maybe, he gets a click better.

Niners defense definitely was less aggressive and played softer coverage in the 2nd half. Often times that's what Saleh does. Rodgers was still good in the 2nd half, but at that point he didn't have to worry about the blitz and got pretty much the same look every play. His two turnovers in the first half were brutal and he was lucky not to have three. Can't just blame the defense even though it was putrid when the offense was just as bad. Rodgers did not bring it at all when it mattered and contributed to the big deficit. 10 of the 27 points came off of Rodgers turnovers in the first half.

Okay, now that he has been blamed enough....Pettine though, whew! Has he commented or anyone commented on why he made no adjustments? Why he didn't start loading up the box? This was truly like a dominant top 3 college football team going up against a FCS team. Just being able to run the ball for 10+ yards a pop.

And was Amos injury serious? Or he should be fine for OTAs and what not? 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm right there with ya.

Also, I hope no one's pretending Rodgers has been great in the playoffs overall. He's always been kind of regular season hero.

Until recently of course.....