GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why though????

Guess I’m curious why you’d think we’d root for the niners?  Here’s my list of why I’m rooting for the Chiefs over your beloved team:   
1.  Harbaugh - dude left a filthy taste in my mouth when he was your coach.   
2.  Rice fumbled, and Owens scores.  https://www.mcduffieprogress.com/sports/national/video-jerry-rice-s-playoff-fumble-against-packers-that-wasn/youtube_efca201b-9187-5677-ac10-0ca349d94ce4.html
3.  Kaepernick.  Killing us and kissing his bicep - lifelong loathing, lol.   
4.  Niners bandwagon fans - up until this year, a large majority of your so-called fan base was nowhere to be found.  Now they’re back, loud and arrogant.  
5.  Sherman.  Hated him in Seattle, hate him as a niner.  He good though.   
6.  Chiefs are just more likable all around and haven’t inflicted as much damage to GB.

These are just my personal feelings, and sure some of them may be irrational, sports does that to me.  So why should I root for your team?  I’ll listen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Rice fumbled, and Owens scores.

Rice fumbled. Agree. Game over - but (unfortunately) it wasnt.
Owens scored - this I hold Mr. Sharper directly responsible for.
The most boneheaded coverage given the down/distance circumstances imaginable. 
No way he should have stayed right behind the WR. No. Way. But he did. The rest is history. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers wasn't average. 2 TOs in the first half and zero points. That's how you get blown out.

Rodgers was terrible in the first half. 

He shouldn't be spared from the first half backlash but near should anyone else. The defence was significantly worse than terrible. The O-Line was getting mauled,  our punter wasn't shanking and even the returner couldn't keep hold of the ball. It was just one of those halves when everybody was terrible. Its nice to be able to point at one player and say if he played well but the facts are if your entire teams plays garbage then you are going to get blown out.

We are where we are. Rodgers is a very good QB - top 10 QB in the league and the chances are the people crying for him to retire be traded and so on could well look very stupid post Rodgers when they get to see what life is like for teams like the Bears who spend 20 years looking for a QB. I say 'could well' but of course the opposite could happen and we draft a Mahones. Its unlikely but could happen so who knows. 

In a way, Packers mirror Rodgers in that we have a very good team - lets say top 10 but not an elite team (I think we all knew 13-3 was extremely flattering) and a team that needs everything to go right to compete with the best teams. We all hoped that maybe, it was our year and everything would go our way but in reality pretty much everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Previously there was the sheer arrogance at draft day when everyone (can't remember if you were one of them but suspect you were) said if you have Rodgers you don't need receivers - just draft all defence. It happened for years and years and when it stops working then suddenly Rodgers needs to be binned. It needs to end, there needs to be proper respect given to the offence in the draft.

I'm not sure how many draft picks or free agents we need to fix the defence. I don't want to knee-jerk and throw Pettine under the bus but I'd like to see a DC be able to do something with players that aren't your stud first rounders or expensive free agents. Try and get more out of your lower grade players. People seem to think Rodgers should put up stud numbers throwing to undrafted JAGs, why can't our DC be able to do something with lesser players as well - we have star pass rushers, a dominant DT, a secondary made up of high picks. You should be able to fit the lesser players around them and come up with a top end defence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's the thing, Favre freaking dominated the Niners. That was a one sided rivalry if there ever was one!!! 

BUT, I do get it. Just in this decade, the Niners have knocked the Packers out of the playoffs three times. And every time the Niners have been good, they have handled the Packers. Have not lost ONCE when they have had a winning record and I believe they are 6-0? In all of the Niners last three playoff runs, they have beaten the Packers in the regular season and then later in the postseason. Sorry, it was just destined to happen that way! Niners are getting revenge for all the times Favre knocked them out of the playoffs and for how much he owned them! 

Agreed with everything....which is why "Go Chiefs".  

I will say I like this Niner team a lot better than the Harbaugh team.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I want the Chiefs to win.  Niners are ahead of us in Super Bowl wins, and if Mahomes wins a Super Bowl his contract will be so big they’ll be a regular season contender, postseason pretender for 6 years.

Minus some catastrophic injury, he's gonna get his cash. No way KC doesnt make him the highest paid QB in the land. Only question is when they do it. 

41 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Guess I’m curious why you’d think we’d root for the niners?  Here’s my list of why I’m rooting for the Chiefs over your beloved team:   
1.  Harbaugh - dude left a filthy taste in my mouth when he was your coach.   
2.  Rice fumbled, and Owens scores.  https://www.mcduffieprogress.com/sports/national/video-jerry-rice-s-playoff-fumble-against-packers-that-wasn/youtube_efca201b-9187-5677-ac10-0ca349d94ce4.html
3.  Kaepernick.  Killing us and kissing his bicep - lifelong loathing, lol.   
4.  Niners bandwagon fans - up until this year, a large majority of your so-called fan base was nowhere to be found.  Now they’re back, loud and arrogant.  
5.  Sherman.  Hated him in Seattle, hate him as a niner.  He good though.   
6.  Chiefs are just more likable all around and haven’t inflicted as much damage to GB.

These are just my personal feelings, and sure some of them may be irrational, sports does that to me.  So why should I root for your team?  I’ll listen.

Why should you root for the Niners? I guess you shouldn't after the reasons you listed LOL. 

• Like 1

@J-ALL-DAY, @Forge and everyone else who was a friendly discusser for this, I really wish I could root for the Niners.  I almost exclusively root for the team that knocks the Packers out of the playoffs.  That way I can say we lost to the best.

Unfortunately, you have more Super Bowl wins than the Packers.  Since Super Bowl wins are all that matter to me, I have to root for the lowly Chiefs above your magnificent franchise.  I got nothing against any of your players or coaches.  I just cannot root for you.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

@J-ALL-DAY, @Forge and everyone else who was a friendly discusser for this, I really wish I could root for the Niners.  I almost exclusively root for the team that knocks the Packers out of the playoffs.  That way I can say we lost to the best.

Unfortunately, you have more Super Bowl wins than the Packers.  Since Super Bowl wins are all that matter to me, I have to root for the lowly Chiefs above your magnificent franchise.  I got nothing against any of your players or coaches.  I just cannot root for you.

I feel the same way.

although if the Chiefs do win, they join the super bowl club. if nice having some teams who never won one

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

I feel the same way.

although if the Chiefs do win, they join the super bowl club. if nice having some teams who never won one

What?

Never, ever disrespect SB IV and the Chiefs Lenny Dawson, Otis Taylor, and Mike Garrett matriculating the ball down the field for Hank Stram to get the Queens started on their run of 4 SB defeats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

What?

Never, ever disrespect SB IV and the Chiefs Lenny Dawson, Otis Taylor, and Mike Garrett matriculating the ball down the field for Hank Stram to get the Queens started on their run of 4 SB defeats.

Ah, good call.

My brain said that the Chiefs never won, but i stand corrected.

definitely i will be rooting for the chiefs then