Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Pickle Rick, it turns out I did have a Google account.  I think I had it from when I was in school because a couple of my college essays are on there.  Lol.  I followed your instructions exactly.  If I share that link, you just get the PDF, right?  I'm not going to be sharing my name with anybody am I? 

I don't think so.  Check mine out and see if if you can see my name or anything else 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtMU8vciSPLunCcXCt1ZW4EXV_UjBt6b/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let’s be honest here I’m putting too much work into these aren’t I?  This is basically a cast/director thing for the majority of people here, isn’t it?  Nobody other than Pickle would read a feature length spec script, would they?

I would. I read all the other ones last time and was hoping others read mine

• Like 1

Just now, The Orca said:

I would. I read all the other ones last time and was hoping others read mine

You don't count you have the same brain as Pickle.  I'm pretty sure that's how twins work.  If one of you forgets something the other one remembers it for you, right? 

I'm also just trying to come up with an excuse to not finish this because it's that type of idea where you think it's hilarious and great and then when it comes to writing it you find out it really doesn't have any legs. 

I'll finish the synopsis though.  I'd laugh at this movie if I wasn't the one who wrote it. 

Also, @Pickle Rick and anyone else, once you get that script finished I’ll go over it thoroughly if you like.  I did things with what I’ve got so far in Gas! that you shouldn’t do, but when I took a quick look at yours when you linked it again there were a couple of things I noticed.  It might take me a week to get to them, but I’ll get to them with notes.

I just charge like .5 percent (that’s half a percent) of anything you make if you ever sold anything.

Edited by Outpost31

29 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Do we have a timeline on when this is due?

I haven't had time to start on mine and was wondering 

Same.  But I can just borderline copy/paste the wikipedia synopsis.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm also just trying to come up with an excuse to not finish this because it's that type of idea where you think it's hilarious and great and then when it comes to writing it you find out it really doesn't have any legs. 

I'll finish the synopsis though.  I'd laugh at this movie if I wasn't the one who wrote it. 

Yeah, I'm a little less excited about mine.  Unless you're familiar with my source materials, it's hard to get hyped over a bunch of random Indian actors.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, @Pickle Rick and anyone else, once you get that script finished I’ll go over it thoroughly if you like.  I did things with what I’ve got so far in Gas! that you shouldn’t do, but when I took a quick look at yours when you linked it again there were a couple of things I noticed.  It might take me a week to get to them, but I’ll get to them with notes.

I just charge like .5 percent (that’s half a percent) of anything you make if you ever sold anything.

Thanks, I'm sure there is a lot lol.  

It will kick in once I hit a cool $1 million B|

@Dome, @rackcs, no offense but this thing needs some order. 

For the next one, one of you two will host it.  Here is how it will go:

1. It will be a television series. 
2. Everybody will have to fill the SAME roles in a draft.  We will limit the draft to 6 picks.  After the 6 picks, players can fill their project with as many NON household name actors they want since it is a television project and TV can't have DiCaprio, Pitt, Hanks, etc. 
3. After the draft is over, players will have to submit a SERIES synopsis as well as a PILOT synopsis. 
4. After every player submits their synopsis, it will go to a vote.  Everybody ranks each project based on which show they would MOST like to watch all the way down to LEAST.  The project with the LEAST interest is cancelled. 
5. We will continue this process until we have one winning television series. 

Roles to fill (can be drafted in any order):

1. Showrunner
2. Lead
3. Lead
4. Supporting character
5. Supporting character
6. Supporting character

The leads can be A-List celebrities.  Supporting roles can be stars, but not A-listers (might get subjective).

Yes, somebody will finish last this way.  Tough.  Just means they'll have to get better.  And this definitely means I will take last place.  Ha!

@Elky, @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @animaltested, @FinneasGage (Smug Goat was upset), @daboyle250, @Malfatron, @MikeT14, @Deadpulse, @MWil23, @Daniel...

Does the above sound good?  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@Dome, @rackcs, no offense but this thing needs some order. 

I think it’s going great. We’ve got like one maybe two people left to finalize their cast, then we’ll set up a date and time that voting will start.

what kind of guidance do you seek?

Just now, Dome said:

I think it’s going great. We’ve got like one maybe two people left to finalize their cast, then we’ll set up a date and time that voting will start.

what kind of guidance do you seek?

I don't seek guidance, I seek order.