2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

13 hours ago, drd23 said:

Surprisingly large contract for Seth.  Hopefully he makes their final roster and gets us a comp pick, even if its just a 6th

A $4M contract makes me think it's unlikely he gets cut. Depends how much is guaranteed, but that definitely signals that they like him for the final 53.

He is a free agent though. The team not exercising his option was a thing. Would be interesting if they brought him back. I don't think that's the right allocation of cap funds, but at least he's pretty safe not to flame out.

Calais Campbell is the only new addition to the roster thus far. Everybody else was with the team last year. Well, besides the XFL long snapper. Not sure if he counts.

So - with ~$10 million left, seems like we probably still have one mid-level move left now before needing to save space for the draft picks and room to manuever around post-June 1 cuts. 

Feel like adding a veteran along the interior line or at ILB would make the most sense with that room. Mark Barron or Alec Ogeltree could be interesting bargain options. Maybe Ronald Leary at guard. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

25 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So - with ~$10 million left, seems like we probably still have one mid-level move left now before needing to save space for the draft picks and room to manuever around post-June 1 cuts. 

Feel like adding a veteran along the interior line or at ILB would make the most sense with that room. Mark Barron or Alec Ogeltree could be interesting bargain options. Maybe Ronald Leary at guard. 

At this point, maybe we should wait until after the draft to sign FAs. Maybe another team will cut or trade an ILB or G based on their draft. It's slim pickings at those positions at this point. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

At this point, maybe we should wait until after the draft to sign FAs. Maybe another team will cut or trade an ILB or G based on their draft. It's slim pickings at those positions at this point. 

Not a bad idea, although I guess it all depends on how they view the FA market. Barron's an interesting one to me if he can be had at a cheaper price than what the Steelers were paying him last year ($8 mill) - I hadn't actually realized they cut him. Feel like his hybrid linebacker/safety characteristics would make him a great fit with Wink's increasingly 'positionless' scheme. 

I agree that we should sit and wait now. Someone we can use will get cut once teams have their draft class in place. 

If we are to add someone, I think a veteran presence at oline would be the most obvious choice. Despite him not leaving on the best terms, I still think Osemele is an option due to  his LG/OT versatility.

40 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Id bring back McPhee then wait till after the draft

With McPhee I don't really see the rush to get him back. Bring him in over the summer on a vet minimum if/when he's still around and we want the extra body. On the older side and coming off a tough injury, I'm not sure how much gas he really has left in the tank. I think Jihad Ward can do a fine job stepping into his role. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

With McPhee I don't really see the rush to get him back. Bring him in over the summer on a vet minimum if/when he's still around and we want the extra body. On the older side and coming off a tough injury, I'm not sure how much gas he really has left in the tank. I think Jihad Ward can do a fine job stepping into his role. 

Injury prone or not, he had the biggest impact from our outside linebacker group last year when he was on the field. Even if we only get 6-7 good games from him, that is more than we would most likely get from a rookie and he would most likely do it on a minimum vet contract. 

But I agree, that he could/should be a late addition, and he would probably be fine with that instead of going through various camps

I don't think there's a rush to bring McPhee back too soon. With players not being able to workout and/or rehabilitate at the team facility the Ravens might not know where he's at in his recovery. The league will be lucky if training camps are able to start on-time. It wouldn't hurt to throw a minimum deal his way, but signed now or two months from now doesn't really make a difference this year.