Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Yup, Wills is the odds-on favorite right now. Besides the fact that his tape is as good as any other lineman in this draft, he is a natural fit at RT so we won't have to displace Solder, and there is the Giants-Alabama connection now with Judge (worked under Saban for years) and new RB coach Burton Burns.

This is my thing with Wills. I think he's going to be a monster at RT but I'm not sold it'll be a seamless transition to LT for those that have a RT entrenched already.

For the Giants, he makes perfect sense imo.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This is my thing with Wills. I think he's going to be a monster at RT but I'm not sold it'll be a seamless transition to LT for those that have a RT entrenched already.

For the Giants, he makes perfect sense imo.

I don't see why he can't transfer over to LT eventually. He was technically the blindside protector at Bama anyway. But yeah, he'd be the starter at RT day one for us, which would be a good spot for him.

Just now, minutemancl said:

I don't see why he can't transfer over to LT eventually. He was technically the blindside protector at Bama anyway. But yeah, he'd be the starter at RT day one for us, which would be a good spot for him.

I never said he couldn't, but it's a transition and just because on paper/athletically you think a player can doesn't mean he'll continue at his level of play while switching sides.

Just now, football guy said:

my mock has them moving up to 9. Relationship between Dimitroff/Caldwell, Jacksonville rumored to be looking to stack picks for this draft and 2021...

They've had talks/trades set up before and JAX just hasn't pulled the trigger. If Simmons/Okudah/Brown are gone I think they'd jump on it personally. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I never said he couldn't, but it's a transition and just because on paper/athletically you think a player can doesn't mean he'll continue at his level of play while switching sides.

They've had talks/trades set up before and JAX just hasn't pulled the trigger. If Simmons/Okudah/Brown are gone I think they'd jump on it personally. 

Let's assume Okudah gone. You think the team has preference between Brown or Simmons? I would guess Brown but wondering what local fans think?

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

Let's assume Okudah gone. You think the team has preference between Brown or Simmons? I would guess Brown but wondering what local fans think?

Hard to tell right now if I'm being honest. Word has it we love both, but I'd lean Brown due to need+having them neck and neck most likely.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

If Detroit and Giants are both open for business, and MIA or LAC don't bite, you have to wonder if either one is thrilled about the QBs.

The Giants are desperate to trade back, from all indications. I think they'd be willing to take below market value, especially if they are only moving back 1 or 2 spots. There is no reason for the Dolphins or Chargers to show their hands yet. There has been, and will be, a lot of 'rumors' that the Dolphins don't like the QBs this year, or the Chargers are happy with Tyrod Taylor, etc. I don't buy it for a second. If the Lions don't move, the Giants will. And despite Gettleman never trading back before in his life, and his insistence on getting good value in trades, I fully expect the Giants will make a hard push to trade back with one of those 2 teams for even just middling value. A single 3rd would get it done, IMO. They want a tackle, they really like Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas, and they can trade back a few spots and get one of them. That's their ultimate goal.