Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

If the Browns move OBJ like a rumor I've seen, they definitely go WR at 10. We will see a run with the top guys as a result

I've heard that they haven't shopped obj at all. I think that came from schefty just recently, though may have been someone else

Just now, Forge said:

I've heard that they haven't shopped obj at all. I think that came from schefty just recently, though may have been someone else

Ok thanks for correcting me. Who the hell knows who I saw it from but I know I saw it lol. With the bleep going on, everyone's gotta do something to keep themselves entertained

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Ok thanks for correcting me. Who the hell knows who I saw it from but I know I saw it lol. With the bleep going on, everyone's gotta do something to keep themselves entertained

Niners fans have tried to pay attention because it's no secret that shanny adores him some Beckham

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

The only time we ever really see pick-for-pick trades happen before the draft is for the top QBs. Even the Eagles in 2016 and the Jets in 2018 had to kind of gamble that their preferred guy would be there. We'll never truly know if the Eagles wanted Goff or the Jets wanted Mayfield.

Yea that will always be interesting because unless they flat out say the guy they drafted was their #2 QB we’ll just speculate that they had them on the same tier at least

1 hour ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Willis has become a fairly significant odds-on favorite. I'm now seeing him as low as -165 to be the first offensive lineman selected. There's so much action on under 8.5 on his draft slotting that the juice has reached -230.

BTW, great usage of the term odds-on favorite. That term is increasingly butchered these days, now that horse racing is not nearly as prominent. Racing types would never confuse a mild favorite of 7/2 and stupidly call him an odds-on favorite. But it happens all the time these days in other sports, with fans and commentators somehow not understanding that the term odds-on favorite means less than even money, or theoretically greater likelihood than all other possibilities combined. 

The most frequent example is Tiger Woods. He may have won more than 80 times on the PGA Tour but he's never been an odds-on favorite in any of them. Lowest was 6/5 (+120) in both the 2000 British Open and PGA Championship. But that doesn't prevent Golf Channel geniuses like Steve Sands from butchering the term every week. If Rory McIlroy is favored in the British Open at 6/1 odds Steve Sands will trumpet him all week as the odds-on favorite. Drives me nuts. 

I was impressed that it was used correctly here. If the favorite is +165 instead of -165, just say betting favorite instead of odds-on favorite. Not complicated. 

You seem like you would know the answer to this. When the odds say "Justin Herbert +/- 5.5", would the OVER be 1st through 5th and the UNDER be later than 6th?

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KP_Show/status/1252673613385232384

@Forge I know you want an OT at 13 anyway, but the exchange between Kyle and the first reply to his tweet does seem rather telling.

I'm actually at a loss. On his conference call, Lynch also said that they wanted someone that could come in and play right away, or something of that affect, and that's definitely not a tackle (unless you're confident that they can play guard for a year). They've done a solid job really obfuscating here. Peter King is reporting that we are desperate for a space eater, putting in a to of calls to Raekwon Davis apparently, Kinlaw saying he wants to get drafted by the 49ers in his AMA lol...so I could see IDL. Receiver is obvious. We have done a ton of research on offensive linemen according to Barrows. 

Lynch also said that they only consider 6 guys to be "foundational", which tells me that they are selling the pick, to be honest. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Would you trade #31 for him straight up?

Probably, yes, but I would think about it just because I don't like the way things have been trending there. But I Think he's still "that guy", and capable of putting up big numbers, even though it feels like he hasn't done it in a while. I wouldn't trade #13 for him. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm actually at a loss. On his conference call, Lynch also said that they wanted someone that could come in and play right away, or something of that affect, and that's definitely not a tackle (unless you're confident that they can play guard for a year). They've done a solid job really obfuscating here. Peter King is reporting that we are desperate for a space eater, putting in a to of calls to Raekwon Davis apparently, Kinlaw saying he wants to get drafted by the 49ers in his AMA lol...so I could see IDL. Receiver is obvious. We have done a ton of research on offensive linemen according to Barrows. 

Lynch also said that they only consider 6 guys to be "foundational", which tells me that they are selling the pick, to be honest. 

Well, Raekwon should be available in the 2nd or 3rd, at least. Just gotta find those picks lol.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Gotta love this time of the year with the conference calls with the GM...wouldn't say much of anything they say is probably completely true besides the obvious.

• Like 1