Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said he couldn't, but it's a transition and just because on paper/athletically you think a player can doesn't mean he'll continue at his level of play while switching sides.

They've had talks/trades set up before and JAX just hasn't pulled the trigger. If Simmons/Okudah/Brown are gone I think they'd jump on it personally. 

Only thing I’m second guessing is the wording used by Rap. “Well into”... is it just me or does that suggest higher than 9?

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Only thing I’m second guessing is the wording used by Rap. “Well into”... is it just me or does that suggest higher than 9?

If they want Okudah they're going to need to get into the top 5.

If they want Henderson he has a chance to be there at 9.

Just now, .Buzz said:

If they want Okudah they're going to need to get into the top 5.

If they want Henderson he has a chance to be there at 9.

1 Burrow. 2 Young. 3 Okudah. 4 Wills. 5 Tua. 6 Herbert. 7 Brown. 8 Thomas. 9 Henderson (trade up predicted here)

10 could be a spot where the Browns, looking to trade back, can get huge trade value making a deal with a team who covets Isaiah Simmons. There's a real chance Simmons falls further than a lot of us expect him to.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm still shocked there are people who don't see Thomas as OT1.  I can at least see the argument with Wirfs, but Thomas is the clear top choice to me.

I think there are more people worried about Becton's weight than is being let on.  Same with Isaiah Wilson.

Murray is an A+ human and leader.  My biggest question is why didn't Oklahoma use an athlete like that in coverage at all?

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

1 Burrow. 2 Young. 3 Okudah. 4 Wills. 5 Tua. 6 Herbert. 7 Brown. 8 Thomas. 9 Henderson (trade up predicted here)

10 could be a spot where the Browns, looking to trade back, can get huge trade value making a deal with a team who covets Isaiah Simmons. There's a real chance Simmons falls further than a lot of us expect him to.

I can see that, and I see that more as egotistical coaches not seeing him as a "fit" for their scheme as opposed to adjusting their scheme to use Simmons properly.  Simmons is the best player in the draft in my opinion.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm still shocked there are people who don't see Thomas as OT1.  I can at least see the argument with Wirfs, but Thomas is the clear top choice to me.

I think there are more people worried about Becton's weight than is being let on.  Same with Isaiah Wilson.

Murray is an A+ human and leader.  My biggest question is why didn't Oklahoma use an athlete like that in coverage at all?

Upside on Thomas. Think he has a good chance of being a very solid LT but I think Becton/Wirfs upside is just so high. I prefer them over Thomas personally, but definitely prefer him over Wills if you want a LT.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Think the Jaguars run up the card for Simmons in that scenario. So the trade would start at 10.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Think the Jaguars run up the card for Simmons in that scenario. So the trade would start at 10.

What if the Falcons get a trade done with the Jaguars right before the draft begins? Or the Jags get incredible value from the Falcons, so prefer the trade down?

I agree that could happen, but it could also happen at 7 with the Panthers if they love Simmons more than Brown. I just think there is a real chance Simmons slips.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Upside on Thomas. Think he has a good chance of being a very solid LT but I think Becton/Wirfs upside is just so high. I prefer them over Thomas personally, but definitely prefer him over Wills if you want a LT.

Eh, I think Thomas has plenty of upside as well, and it's not like any of these guys are coming out of Podunk U and just need to be coached up.  They largely are what they are going to be.  More so, it's about how they adjust to NFL athletes as opposed to improving their skill.  There will be some improvement, but it's not going to be some astronomical leap.  I think Thomas is a top NFL 5 LT before his rookie contract is up, and could be top 10 THIS year.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

What if the Falcons get a trade done with the Jaguars right before the draft begins? Or the Jags get incredible value from the Falcons, so prefer the trade down?

I agree that could happen, but it could also happen at 7 with the Panthers if they love Simmons more than Brown. I just think there is a real chance Simmons slips.

Word has it the Jaguars have 4 guys in that "run up the card" scenario ala Josh Allen last year. Simmons is one from what it sounds like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Eh, I think Thomas has plenty of upside as well, and it's not like any of these guys are coming out of Podunk U and just need to be coached up.  They largely are what they are going to be.  More so, it's about how they adjust to NFL athletes as opposed to improving their skill.  There will be some improvement, but it's not going to be some astronomical leap.  I think Thomas is a top NFL 5 LT before his rookie contract is up, and could be top 10 THIS year.

Very possible, but not everyone seems to feel that way.