New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Derek Carr quote:

"I mean, there was a lot of quarterbacks at that fight," Carr said with a laugh of the Conor McGregor-Donald Cerrone bout when speaking to ESPN. "And there was a lot of football players at that fight that are free agents. And it's like, every time, with my job, it's always a story. No matter what. And knowing some people that were around, I even know what the conversation was [between Davis and Brady], and it's like, 'C'mon, man, when's it going to end?'"

Does this mean Carr heard from people that Davis/Brady were talking about Bradys future, Raiders situation, etc? “Knowing some people that were around” and “knowing what the conversation was” is VERY interesting. 

personally, i read it very differently as you.
it sounds like he is saying, I know what they are talking about, and it has nothing to do with replacing my job... so when is the constant is DC leaving talk going to end.

but i didnt watch the clip, so i dont know what the context was like. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr fans, Colts offer us Pick 13 for Carr, you take it?

me personally, yes. . . but depending on who is there, or are option is at QB id lower my expectations for the upcoming season. which is fine.
3 picks in the first again is an incredible help to a team that needs talent overall. 

It won’t end until Carr himself shows out. If the Raiders don’t sign Brady or someone in FA then it will go on until the draft. It happened last year when Murray was coming out with people speculating that the Raiders where going to trade up for him. 

12 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It won’t end until Carr himself shows out. If the Raiders don’t sign Brady or someone in FA then it will go on until the draft. It happened last year when Murray was coming out with people speculating that the Raiders where going to trade up for him. 

I never thought we were trading up for Murray. Three 1sts was the price. And Murray was the only QB worth drafting in the 1st. It was actually a terrible QB class. This one is much much different. 

5 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Are there any QB's other than Burrows that would be worth trading up for in the top 10? Or is it too early to tell?

Tua is also a generational prospect just like Burrow. Would be too expensive to trade up though. But keep your eye on Jordan Love who has shot up to the 1st. He’s been going to the Colts at 13 in a ton of mocks lately including Daniel Jeremiah. Needs one FULL year on the bench but he is Top 7 QB type of potential. Solid arm, deadly pocket presence, A+ touch, solid accuracy, solid mobility. His cons are he locks onto his first read but I am confident that can be corrected with coaching. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Someone wanna explain to me how we lost 40-9 to the Chiefs when Patrick Mahomes had the worst game of his career? 15-29, 51% COMP, 6.0 YPA, 179 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. By far the worst game of his football career.

And Jacobs averaged 5.3 YPC and over 100 yards.

I'll tell you... Derek, f***ing Carr. 71 QB Rating, 0-9 vs Chiefs on Non Thursdays, 2 INTs, and 93 total yards traveled through the air out of his 225 passing yards. There was also zero dropped balls by the Raiders.

i mean, the first of the 2 Ints was God awful. Dont know what happened, clearly didnt see Mathieu. 
- Kc got ball off pick around the 50 and drove with ease for a td

we, then fumbled the kickoff and KC recovered on the 20.
- agreed, you have a point here. Definitely on Derek Carr!
- but our D actually held them and stopped on 4th down. 

we get ball back on 15. drive to around the 50, punt and pin them on the 2. You can laugh that his passing only travelled so far through the year, but on 1st and 20 that drive, carr goes to his 3rd read and finds washington in the backfield who picks up 20. 

we drop an easy sure pick right in Lawsons hand. but stop them

next drive, we go for it on 4th and 1, and Zay jones runs wide instead of picking up the first. 
- Definitely Carrs fault there. 
they get ball on the 50 

Then Mahomes scrambles for a 20 yard TD that you conviently leave off his stat sheet, because it makes it easier to make fun of Carr. 

down 14- 0. 

-- 
next drive, Carr throws a pick 6. Was a good jump, but the guy knew it was coming. 21-0 .. not a good look by Carr.
-
we get into field goal range, than have one of the worst kicks ive ever seen. 
--

That is the first half, and obviously the 2 picks were killer. 
Our D played pretty well in the half.
-
this half we constantly started inside our 20 yard line. Field position plays a huge role in the NFL, Im not sure how much in depth youve looked at it.
But it hard for any nfl O to constantly sustain long TD drives. 
KC got to start twice right around the 50,  and they capitilized on those drives. One because of Carr, and once because of Zay Jones. 
-

Obviously the 2 picks were killer in this game, and it was a bad game for Carr. 
If Zay jones cuts up field to get the 1st down, who knows what happens. 
If Lawson gets the easy pick and has room to run, who knows what happens. 

Carr is not the only reason we lost that game, but I admit, his first pick was brutal, and the 2nd one to make it 21-0 did make it feel like the game was over in the first half. 

Didn’t we have a 4th and 1 because he threw like an entire 5 yards short on 3rd down? Like always. I’d have to rewatch again though. Pretty sure. Also the kickoff fumble resulted in 0 points, so not sure why that even needs to be brought up. 

Carrs INTs and Conservative Play got us into a 21-0 hole QUICK. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Derek Carr quote:

"I mean, there was a lot of quarterbacks at that fight," Carr said with a laugh of the Conor McGregor-Donald Cerrone bout when speaking to ESPN. "And there was a lot of football players at that fight that are free agents. And it's like, every time, with my job, it's always a story. No matter what. And knowing some people that were around, I even know what the conversation was [between Davis and Brady], and it's like, 'C'mon, man, when's it going to end?'"

Does this mean Carr heard from people that Davis/Brady were talking about Bradys future, Raiders situation, etc? “Knowing some people that were around” and “knowing what the conversation was” is VERY interesting. 

He's implying he knows what was said and it had nothing to do with the QB job for the Raiders. And that's probably true because they wouldn't discuss this in public.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Didn’t we have a 4th and 1 because he threw like an entire 5 yards short on 3rd down? Like always. I’d have to rewatch again though. Pretty sure. Also the kickoff fumble resulted in 0 points, so not sure why that even needs to be brought up. 

Carrs INTs and Conservative Play got us into a 21-0 hole QUICK. 

the 3rd down play should be loaded up there. Its not, but its at 2.58

We sent 3 WRs out on that play. they were all covered. Honestly who do you expect Carr to throw to here?
Tyrell is covered on the outside
Doss is doubled over the middle - only wr passed the 1st down mark
So he checks down to Zay jone.

Please watch this, and tell me who he should have thrown too? I honestly dont know.
Should he just chuck it deep to show fans he likes taking shots, even if no one is there?

Edited by BackinBlack
didnt load where i wanted it too .

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

the 3rd down play should be loaded up there. 

We sent 3 WRs out on that play. they were all covered. Honestly who do you expect Carr to throw to here?
Tyrell is covered on the outside
Doss is doubled over the middle - only wr passed the 1st down mark
So he checks down to Zay jone.

Please watch this, and tell me who he should have thrown too? I honestly dont know.
Should he just chuck it deep to show fans he likes taking shots, even if no one is there?

Throw someone open. Like an Elite Quarterback of the National Football League. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tua is also a generational prospect just like Burrow. Would be too expensive to trade up though. But keep your eye on Jordan Love who has shot up to the 1st. He’s been going to the Colts at 13 in a ton of mocks lately including Daniel Jeremiah. Needs one FULL year on the bench but he is Top 7 QB type of potential. Solid arm, deadly pocket presence, A+ touch, solid accuracy, solid mobility. His cons are he locks onto his first read but I am confident that can be corrected with coaching. 

Burrow is an animal. His mechanics are flawless. He has a short compact motion. His movements are efficient. He is the #1 pick.

Herbert is a good prospect. He would struggle in year 1 but if he can sit for 1 year QB then start, he will make a big impact in year 2. If we are drafting a QB in the first he is who I would take. If I was in the "move on from Carr" team I would be pushing to draft Herbert sit him behind Carr and evaluate the future after the season. 

Tua will be a low end starter in the NFL, not an upgrade from Carr immediately or in the long term, he is a late 1st round pick IMO

Love has a long motion. He needs A LOT of work. He has POOR fundamentals and needs to grow a lot on the mental part of the game it seems. To me he is a 3rd round pick. I don't know if its the colors of the jerseys but all I see is Kaepernick. 

Hurts has a Taysom Hill roll and that is his ceiling.

Eason has a long motion. decent Footwork in the pocket, below average fundamentals. 

Edited by OG_C2X

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Burrow is an animal. His mechanics are flawless. He has a short compact motion. His movements are efficient. He is the #1 pick.

Herbert is a good prospect. He would struggle in year 1 but if he can sit for 1 year QB then start, he will make a big impact in year 2. If we are drafting a QB in the first he is who I would take. If I was in the "move on from Carr" team I would be pushing to draft Herbert sit him behind Carr and evaluate the future after the season. 

Tua will be a low end starter in the NFL, not an upgrade from Carr immediately or in the long term, he is a late 1st round pick IMO

Love has a long motion. He needs A LOT of work. He has POOR fundamentals and needs to grow a lot on the mental part of the game it seems. To me he is a 3rd round pick. I don't know if its the colors of the jerseys but all I see is Kaepernick. 

Hurts has a Taysom Hill roll and that is his ceiling.

Eason has a long motion. decent Footwork in the pocket, below average fundamentals. 

I think you nailed the Burrow and Hurts evals. I also think Hurts is a Hill clone. Can be effective in that role but not a starting QB. 

Disagree about everything else. Tua can be great. Kaepernick is one of the last prospects I’d compare to Love. Only thing in common is one read lock on. Similar arm but Loves is better for sure. Kaepernick much better mobility. The main thing that sets them apart is Love is absolutely excellent at touch, Kapernick could not throw a touch pass to save his life. Love also much better pocket feel than Kaepernick by a landslide.