New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

I've been trying to rewatch some Raiders games since the season ended and it has only reinforced my faith in Carr. His game against the Lions is one of the cleanest games you'll see from any QB this season. He has a mind-meld with Hunter Renfrow and he's without a doubt one of the players Carr trusts most on this team.

When this team was healthy during that brief win streak, Carr looked easily like a top 10 QB in the league. And it's not like the receiving core was that good: Waller, Renfrow, and Jones seemed to have the offense humming pretty well. Carr clearly trusts the former two and Jones is a nice ancillary weapon. Honestly, the more I watch the worse Tyrell looks. He's more limited as a route runner and much stiffer than I remember him in San Diego. Depending how things go this offseason, I could see Williams being the odd man out in the receiver room.

• Like 1

I watched a video from a while back about Carr and him coming back after injuries.  What I noticed was that every time he got injured his teammates seemed very indifferent.  Nobody helping him or checking on him the way you would expect for the leader of the team.  Then they showed clips of him coming back and making plays to win games or just highlight plays and you see Carr celebrating but his teammates not really wanting much to do with him.  I could be wrong but it looks like his teammates do not like him.

55 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I watched a video from a while back about Carr and him coming back after injuries.  What I noticed was that every time he got injured his teammates seemed very indifferent.  Nobody helping him or checking on him the way you would expect for the leader of the team.  Then they showed clips of him coming back and making plays to win games or just highlight plays and you see Carr celebrating but his teammates not really wanting much to do with him.  I could be wrong but it looks like his teammates do not like him.

I don't think it teammates dislike him, it is the occasions where he quits on plays when he is supposed to be a leader/captain

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

I'm down to upgrade any position. But who? Who is a free agent that will be upgrade? Tom Brady couldn't do it this year with no weapons and better defense and coaching.

Tom Brady has the #32 WR/TE core in the league. He literally had no one except Edelmen who was always playing injured and schemed against. OL also sucked. 

Raider WR/TE core is much better than the Pats and using Pick 12 on a WR only enhances that. Plus, a Top 5 OL. 

Brady would be absolute money on this team. He hasn’t lost a step at all. Same exact arm velocity from 2015 unlike duck-throwing Philip Rivers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

Make it stoppppp

LOL I actually did laff out loud as soon as I saw this. However like an accident I’ll keep looking at the carnage hoping to see some severed parts. As messed up as it sounds, I’m able to admit it.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tom Brady just said he is going to very “open minded” in FA and said it with a smirk/enthusiasm. 

Honestly when doesn’t Brady do something with a smirk and enthusiasm? The smug son of a gun knows what he’s doing and is driving up his price. It wouldn’t shock me if he signs a 35-40 million contract, i hope it’s not the Raiders but i wouldn’t be surprised. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tom Brady has the #32 WR/TE core in the league. He literally had no one except Edelmen who was always playing injured and schemed against. OL also sucked

Raider WR/TE core is much better than the Pats and using Pick 12 on a WR only enhances that. Plus, a Top 5 OL. 

Brady would be absolute money on this team. He hasn’t lost a step at all. Same exact arm velocity from 2015 unlike duck-throwing Philip Rivers.

This is simply not true, unlucky enough over this side of the pond to have the Pats on nearly every week, whilst Edelman was playing nicked up quite a bit him and Sanu are better than anything we had.

The Patriots didn't have great weapons for sure but Edelman is an amazing route runner who's great at getting open, Sanu is a decent #2 and their RB stable have some very good receivers. Their OL was underrated too, they played well down the stretch. How are these excuses valid for Brady and not for our own? Pretty much we had Williams injured for most of the year and a 5th round rookie who's seen as a poor mans Amendola. Lack of consistency defeats your point for me sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

This is simply not true, unlucky enough over this side of the pond to have the Pats on nearly every week, whilst Edelman was playing nicked up quite a bit him and Sanu are better than anything we had.

The Patriots didn't have great weapons for sure but Edelman is an amazing route runner who's great at getting open, Sanu is a decent #2 and their RB stable have some very good receivers. Their OL was underrated too, they played well down the stretch. How are these excuses valid for Brady and not for our own? Pretty much we had Williams injured for most of the year and a 5th round rookie who's seen as a poor mans Amendola. Lack of consistency defeats your point for me sorry.

Read my post in the Brady thread. Edelmen was bracketed all year long and injured plenty. Philip Dorset is terrible and Harry struggled massively to get separation. They also have absolutely no TEs to speak of. OL is middle of the pack at best. While Raiders was Top 5. Tyrell and Renfrow are easily both better than Harry, Sanu, and Dorsett. Not sure what you people see in Sanu, he has struggled to get separation for like four seasons now. Gotta stop looking at past reputations. 

Brady is a massive upgrade over Carr. I’d still rank Brady as a Top 6 QB. He hasn’t lost any arm velocity at all and is an absolute general on the field and fearless. Much smarter than Carr as well at reading coverages. Also way faster at progressions than Carr. 

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I've been trying to rewatch some Raiders games since the season ended and it has only reinforced my faith in Carr. His game against the Lions is one of the cleanest games you'll see from any QB this season. 

Yawn. His game against the the team picking 3rd in the draft means nothing for a QB with a 125 mill contract, who is now entering his 7th year. A meaningless game, like really who cares? We know Carr can play well against bad teams. 

Did you watch his game against KC when he threw two picks right away? Did you you watch us go 6 weeks in the 2nd half of the season only averaging 3.6 points in the 2nd half of games? Carr is closer to 20 than he is top 10 in the league.

"But his game against the Joe Flacco led Broncos!!"...

• Like 3

Lions Pass D was atrocious. If it wasn’t 32 I’m sure it was quite close. Using that game as an example isn’t a good example. Many QBs had career games against the Lions this year including Dak Prescott. 

Edit: After fact checking, the Lions did indeed have the #32 Pass Defense. No surprise, I figured as much. Every QB had a career type game against them. 

This is the problem with Raider fans. They don’t compare Carr to the rest of the league. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Ya'll have serious reading comprehension issues.

But I shouldn't be surprised. No one on here watches the games more than once and definitely not with any depth of analysis, but speak like you're quarterback's coaches.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Ya'll have worms in your brain and serious reading comprehension issues.

You were using the Lions game as an example when almost every QB in the league showed supreme QB traits against them. Top notch pocket presence, full progressions, etc. Every QB did this against them. Even Dak. Just saying, have your opinion about Carr, but using the Lions as your main supporting example of elite traits is not a good main example. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You were using the Lions game as an example when almost every QB in the league showed supreme QB traits against them. Top notch pocket presence, full progressions, etc. Every QB did this against them. Even Dak. Just saying, have your opinion about Carr, but using the Lions as your main supporting example of elite traits is not a good main example. 

First, not every QB looks the same against sub-par competition. Arm strength and accuracy is not something you can pretend to have against a bad defense. 

Second, let's not pretend that Carr doesn't have other games against superior defenses where he played very well. Latching onto the Lions game is the epitome of a bad faith argument. I brought it up because it was the game I watched today and it was fresh on my mind. Also, of the many, many, many paragraphs I've written on Carr, somehow the Lions game is my main supporting example of why he's good? Pardon.

And lastly, Dak is also a good quarterback who should receive franchise money.

• Like 2