New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The idea of "character assassinating" a random keyboard warrior with a random user name on a website of completely anonymous people is hilarious to me.

If your random avatar on Footballs Future is your character.... well

Whatever term you wanna use for what you are doing. It’s all the sane definition. Regardless of real life, social platform, etc.  

What you said is just a lie to further your agenda against me and try to appear you have the moral high ground in a fake facade. Why you attempt to do that on an anonymous football forum? Beats me, but it’s what you are doing, with plenty of concrete examples. 

Almost all of my posts are about Carrs play. And you claim none of them are. Yes, a rare one here and there questions his football character, because to be a QB in this league you need to be a gritty tough guy at QB to win, definitely not someone as sensitive as Carr is. Which there is probably 30 to 40 examples, minimum, of how sensitive he is.  

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel if we give him a 3rd year in Gruden's system and continue to build the offense, the "switch" will flip. I saw more of those moments/games in year 2 than year 1.

That's my opinion and the opinion of many "supporters". I feel that we have more to gain by rolling the dice and seeing if he's "that guy" this coming year.

I think the most underrated factor (both good and bad) is that Carr needs to have "trust" in a receiver. If he doesn't have it, he doesn't throw them the ball. We saw it with Zay Jones and injured Tyrell. He just would not do it. If he gets an offseason with his new targets, I really think he'll have a career year. I remember he used to do some improvisation with Crab because he had a deep trust in him to come down with the ball.

Again, just my opinion. 

Hard to develop confidence in wrs if you barely give them a chance. Hard for wr to build confidence in themselves without getting opportunities. I agree carr will completely ignore a wr if he doesn’t trust them. I don’t think it’s a good thing but it’s how carr operates. 

I hear you with the 3rd year “switch” and I wanna believe in it but from interviews carr just comes off as extremely nonchalant like he’s content with his performances. He plays very nonchalantly also. No sense of urgency. It’s hard to figure out what’s going on with him.

hearing him say “I saw 7 sets of db eyes looking at me” in reference to the 4th down tenn throwaway is alarming. He’s giving us a peek of his thought process and imo he’s playing scared. Last year 2018 season we would joke about carr seeing ghosts but maybe it’s something really going on mentally with him. 

I suggest people listen to his tenn post game interview. Didnt even sound like carr it actually sounded like carr was done with the raiders. Maybe he’s frustrated with the lack of line, rbs, wrs he’s been surrounded by during his tenure here.

just my opinion 

I hate it cause carr throws one of the best back shoulder fades and has awesome touch. I’m just not seeing it on the field anymore.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hard to develop confidence in wrs if you barely give them a chance. Hard for wr to build confidence in themselves without getting opportunities. I agree carr will completely ignore a wr if he doesn’t trust them. I don’t think it’s a good thing but it’s how carr operates. 

I hear you with the 3rd year “switch” and I wanna believe in it but from interviews carr just comes off as extremely nonchalant like he’s content with his performances. He plays very nonchalantly also. No sense of urgency. It’s hard to figure out what’s going on with him.

hearing him say “I saw 7 sets of db eyes looking at me” in reference to the 4th down tenn throwaway is alarming. He’s giving us a peek of his thought process and imo he’s playing scared. Last year 2018 season we would joke about carr seeing ghosts but maybe it’s something really going on mentally with him. 

I suggest people listen to his tenn post game interview. Didnt even sound like carr it actually sounded like carr was done with the raiders. Maybe he’s frustrated with the lack of line, rbs, wrs he’s been surrounded by during his tenure here.

just my opinion 

I hate it cause carr throws one of the best back shoulder fades and has awesome touch. I’m just not seeing it on the field anymore.

That’s a very interesting and insightful take.  Fans are sooo guilty of over analyzing everything but missing the most important little things and what you pointed out was one of those little things.

has anyone ever watched “MindSmash” on YouTube? He’s an MMA analyst/commentator, for lack of a better word, who often delves deep into the body language and “psychy” of fighters.  It’s a little overly dramatic but nonetheless insightful.  What your talking about with Carr parallels what he does.

I am a little troubled by Carr’s mindset where it seems he has no urgency to win Or be replaced / he thinks “I’m good at my job”.... anyone ever know a worker who thinks they work soooo hard and do sooooo much but the reality is they’re easily replaceable.  That’s kinda how I feel about Carr sometimes.  

carr’s Tennessee postgame PC:

https://youtu.be/v1Q2FbaAJqQ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

just my opinion 

Yeah I understand why some stuff rubs you the wrong way. Sometimes I wish he would just cuss someone out and say **** this ****.

No one is irreplaceable. Unsure if he understands that part. But the talent and opportunity are there for everything to come together this upcoming season.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It's not how teams work. Most teams aren't gonna want to absorb a large contract that still covers a good portion of the cap and give up a 2nd rounder without getting something in return or us absorbing a contract.

It only takes one fool so anything can happen

it’s fair to think Carr won’t yield a 2nd, but Carr’s contract is absolutely a key part of his trade value.  And I didn’t just make this up, many analysts have talked about this.

Carr doesn’t have a large contract.  His cap is right around 20mil/yr.  One of the advantages for trading for Carr is cap hit is significantly below the QB market.  A team can sign Bridgewater for 28-30m or trade for Carr.  That is a huge selling point.  

A player like Slay in Det who would require a brand new contract immediately will have his trade value diminished because They have to lay out a new contract.  That isn’t the case with Carr, he’s locked up for 3 years at sub market rate.  The team trading for him is getting a 30m/yr player for 20m, how in the world is this a disadvantage?

That ABSOLUTELY is how teams work! 

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

just my opinion 

Come on you know the most of the Raiders WRs were scrubs and midseason acquisitions, you don’t know if they are even running the right routes.

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a very interesting and insightful take.  Fans are sooo guilty of over analyzing everything but missing the most important little things and what you pointed out was one of those little things.

has anyone ever watched “MindSmash” on YouTube? He’s an MMA analyst/commentator, for lack of a better word, who often delves deep into the body language and “psychy” of fighters.  It’s a little overly dramatic but nonetheless insightful.  What your talking about with Carr parallels what he does.

I am a little troubled by Carr’s mindset where it seems he has no urgency to win Or be replaced / he thinks “I’m good at my job”.... anyone ever know a worker who thinks they work soooo hard and do sooooo much but the reality is they’re easily replaceable.  That’s kinda how I feel about Carr sometimes.  

carr’s Tennessee postgame PC:

https://youtu.be/v1Q2FbaAJqQ

Ima huge believer in body language and facial expressions. My dad gave me a book he bought in the 60’s called “ how to read a person like a book” and 95% of the material is still relevant today.

it could be me picking carr apart but like I mentioned earlier in reference to carr I’m in the middle so I’m tryna find something to hang my hat on to force myself to blindly support him one more year.

carr just doesn’t show the fight anymore or doesn’t care as much as he used to. Maybe as an organization we failed carr. He gave us his leg and his back maybe he feels that’s enough. He wants to leave the game upright. Can’t hate on that. His rt was always garbage forcing him to throw under 2 seconds. Maybe that’s why he’s so quick to dump it off. Can’t figure it out

whatever it is it’s not working for the organization or him. 

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

it’s fair to think Carr won’t yield a 2nd, but Carr’s contract is absolutely a key part of his trade value.  And I didn’t just make this up, many analysts have talked about this.

Carr doesn’t have a large contract.  His cap is right around 20mil/yr.  One of the advantages for trading for Carr is cap hit is significantly below the QB market.  A team can sign Bridgewater for 28-30m or trade for Carr.  That is a huge selling point.  

A player like Slay in Det who would require a brand new contract immediately will have his trade value diminished because They have to lay out a new contract.  That isn’t the case with Carr, he’s locked up for 3 years at sub market rate.  The team trading for him is getting a 30m/yr player for 20m, how in the world is this a disadvantage?

That ABSOLUTELY is how teams work! 

Exactly. Carr is basically making 19/yr for the next 3 years. Watch how much Winston teddy etc gets

interesting tho I saw in a interview last night in the last 20 years only Brady, Brees and Manning were super bowl winning qbs not on their rookie contract. Meaning it’s hard to pay qbs and field a respectable team. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly. Carr is basically making 19/yr for the next 3 years. Watch how much Winston teddy etc gets

interesting tho I saw in a interview last night in the last 20 years only Brady, Brees and Manning were super bowl winning qbs not on their rookie contract. Meaning it’s hard to pay qbs and field a respectable team. 

Low key i think this is something we’re going to see going forward. Teams are going to do to the QB position what they done to the RB position relying on the draft to cycle through them. Sea and Phi both have missed SBs after paying their QBs even though Wilson and Wentz have been two of the best QBs in that span. It’s why I’m not particularly worried about KC once they pay Mahomes it’ll slow them down. It’s also why NE has been successful, Brady has been playing at a discount which has allowed them to retain who they want. Having the right QB is important but you still need a team to win it all. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Low key i think this is something we’re going to see going forward. Teams are going to do to the QB position what they done to the RB position relying on the draft to cycle through them. Sea and Phi both have missed SBs after paying their QBs even though Wilson and Wentz have been two of the best QBs in that span. It’s why I’m not particularly worried about KC once they pay Mahomes it’ll slow them down. It’s also why NE has been successful, Brady has been playing at a discount which has allowed them to retain who they want. Having the right QB is important but you still need a team to win it all. 

I know ima get murdered but when I played madden I always traded guys away right before their rookie contract expired lol no matter the position. I trusted my drafting to keep stocking talent. 

carrs contract is one reason I’d be ok with keeping him but I’d still draft a qb or get a cheap fa like Mariota 

• Like 1