New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, true2form said:

It won't let me quote for some reason.  Anyway. I personally get heated because of this very reason. You guys post complete crap at the drop of a dime without knowing the facts. 

Then you name call, say we are a cult, call us homers, say worst post ever, etc etc. Then you wonder why we get heated after all that barrage from your side.

Guys wanting to get rid of Carr are keyboard terrorists. Want to jump on the internet, drop a post on here or social media and then watch the chaos. There are probably a half dozen of these posts a day where a video or screenshot is posted of a play someone wants to highlight. 

The lines between each side were formed a long time ago, but one side keeps antagonizing the other on a daily basis. I guess just like Carr, I'm sick of the immature crap.

I tried to quote too but couldn't.  You didn't call him a name you called him stupid when ignorant  might have been better. Stupid would probably infer he couldn't LEARN about the facts when IGNORANT just means he didn't take the time to KNOW all the FACTS before he posted. At least he acknowledged that the next post. Ah...my bad, I'm assuming it's a 'he' and not a she or an it or beta male staring at the mirror screaming at seeing beta males wait that's another poster...I'm getting them all confused. 2020 is confusing times and I'm borderline (psycho?!?) no trolling, enciting or maybe just having a little social media fun poking and prodding for what's going to be a LONGGGG offseason .LOL

So what should we call the next DC thread?!? To Carr or not to Carr?!? We should just spill the blood and guts into another spot shall we. LOL

I'm just having fun with ALL OF US now. So enjoy the steak with some good seasoning and BBQ it   =P

On 2/20/2020 at 9:52 PM, bucksavage1 said:

1) We all dont have  specifics of his contract and whether or not there is a trade kicker

2) When the last 18 years, the super bowl winner has come from a team built around a HOF QB talent or rookie QB scale. It is certainly valid

3) Compensation. Carr's contract is favorable but it still covers 15% or more of the salary cap. Exactly why we sent back a 2nd in exchange for Mack.

1) I posted the specifics and the original tweeter was just plain wrong.  He lazily just used his cap hit for us (including SB) and said that’s what any team acquiring him would have a cap hit of

2) that stat is so overblown.  Only 6 times since 2000 has a team won a SB with a QB on a rookie deal and it’s almost always on the last year of the deal.  I created a spreadsheet of SB games to look into this....because only looking at the winners in a game that is a crapshoot kind of messes with the stat.

since 2005, 7 teams have had a SB QB on a rookie deal.  7/32.

obviously a qb on his 4th year of a rookie deal is absolutely ideal but that’s a small small window.

The majority of playoff teams have veteran qbs.... that’s the most important stat....

3) your walking back in what you said.... you didn’t just say we’d have to throw a pick back you sais or we’d have to pay some of his salary, which is never going to be asked of us.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

1) I posted the specifics and the original tweeter was just plain wrong.  He lazily just used his cap hit for us (including SB) and said that’s what any team acquiring him would have a cap hit of

2) that stat is so overblown.  Only 6 times since 2000 has a team won a SB with a QB on a rookie deal and it’s almost always on the last year of the deal.  I created a spreadsheet of SB games to look into this....because only looking at the winners in a game that is a crapshoot kind of messes with the stat.

since 2005, 7 teams have had a SB QB on a rookie deal.  7/32.

obviously a qb on his 4th year of a rookie deal is absolutely ideal but that’s a small small window.

The majority of playoff teams have veteran qbs.... that’s the most important stat....

3) your walking back in what you said.... you didn’t just say we’d have to throw a pick back you sais or we’d have to pay some of his salary, which is never going to be asked of us.

1) Find the specific of his contracts and whether there is a trade kicker. Until we find that out, then we can see who is right

2) Overblown stat? You didn't even read it right.  Only two types of teams have won Super Bowls. HOF (Hall of fame QBs) or teams built around a rookie salary QB

It is a trend that has produced the last super bowl champs Since 2003. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative, you just can't cast it aside. It has happened repeatedly every season for more than a decade and a half. Super Bowl Champs

In sports, there are trends that point to the eventual champions. In the NBA, it is point differential. 

3) Not one time I said we have to pay his salary. I said most teams would require us to send some compensation along with Carr if we were getting a 2nd in return. Sometimes it is a contract of another player, other times it is a mid-round pick. 

47 minutes ago, G said:

I tried to quote too but couldn't.  You didn't call him a name you called him stupid when ignorant  might have been better. Stupid would probably infer he couldn't LEARN about the facts when IGNORANT just means he didn't take the time to KNOW all the FACTS before he posted. At least he acknowledged that the next post. Ah...my bad, I'm assuming it's a 'he' and not a she or an it or beta male staring at the mirror screaming at seeing beta males wait that's another poster...I'm getting them all confused. 2020 is confusing times and I'm borderline (psycho?!?) no trolling, enciting or maybe just having a little social media fun poking and prodding for what's going to be a LONGGGG offseason .LOL

So what should we call the next DC thread?!? To Carr or not to Carr?!? We should just spill the blood and guts into another spot shall we. LOL

I'm just having fun with ALL OF US now. So enjoy the steak with some good seasoning and BBQ it   =P

The next DC thread will be called Derek Carr Traded to " insert team"or Derek Carr appreciation thread

12 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What are you Derek Carr supporters gonna do when he gets shipped out next month?

I will root for who ever is under center for the Las Vegas raiders. And hope Gruden and Mayock didn't make a mistake and we win a championship before Carr does, because he is a championship caliber QB.

I actually have the same question for you? On April 26th when nothing has changed what will you do? Better yet, when Derek Carr and The Las Vegas Raiders win the west in 2020 what will you do?

34 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What are you Derek Carr supporters gonna do when he gets shipped out next month?

Support whoever is the Raiders QB

I just think it'll get locked or hit 100 pages before anything happens. LOL

30 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I will root for who ever is under center for the Las Vegas raiders. And hope Gruden and Mayock didn't make a mistake and we win a championship before Carr does, because he is a championship caliber QB.

I actually have the same question for you? On April 26th when nothing has changed what will you do? Better yet, when Derek Carr and The Las Vegas Raiders win the west in 2020 what will you do?

I will cheer for the team and QB regardless of who it is Week 1, including Carr. My faith is in Mayock and Gruden who both know better than any of us and I will accept any decision they have at the QB Position. 

I’ve made the same points on Carrs play too many times and do not think he is the answer for this organization. However, I am a fan of the team and do not get emotionally attached to players. Always looking out for the team first. That’s the issue with many Carr supporters, some of them are emotionally attached to him because he was our QB for 6 years (most important position of any sport), and was our first OK QB since Gannon. 12 year misery of QBs really makes them scared to drop Carr. Also you have the extreme ones like Frankie who have become Carr fans more than Raider fans. Wherever Carr goes, Frankie can go with him. 

The team is the #1 priority. Being an A’s fan so long has taught me never to get attached to players and always do what’s right for the team. One of the reasons Bill Bellichick is so damn good as well. If he paid all these very good but not great guys, they’d be terrible. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“Keyboard terrorist”? Wtf Lolol 

just when you think you heard/seen it all

Yeah it's a silly term, but the fact that you guys focus on that and not the rest of the post says it all. I'm guessing because you agree it's spot on and you can't deny it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I'm a Raiders fan and I support whoever is lining up for us. I want us to win and stop being losers all the time. I doubt Carr turns us around but will be pleasantly surprised if he does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Yeah it's a silly term, but the fact that you guys focus on that and not the rest of the post says it all. I'm guessing because you agree it's spot on and you can't deny it.

It’s a message post you guys act like it’s money involved. Maybe I’m too old to understand this new era. Calling people any form of “terrorist” cause they don’t like a player is crazy. But hey do whatever helps you sleep at night.

as many times as bp and I disagreed on anything we never took it too that level. Cause it’s not that serious. Y’all get to attached emotionally to a player who doesn’t even know you exist. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s a message post you guys act like it’s money involved. Maybe I’m too old to understand this new era. Calling people any form of “terrorist” cause they don’t like a player is crazy. But hey do whatever helps you sleep at night.

as many times as bp and I disagreed on anything we never took it too that level. Cause it’s not that serious. Y’all get to attached emotionally to a player who doesn’t even know you exist. 

That's just ridiculous.  I'm not saying any of you are terrorists for not liking Carr, get real. It's the way you handle posting. Reading comprehension is really a struggle on this board. I thought it was the youngins who had no respect, so I guess we are both too old.

It's also why calling someone stupid and saying you're being stupid are two different things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

The same thing we been doing the last 6 years obviously. If you made it through the russell era and Pryor era. No way you dissapear now. Do yall remember the forum in 2016. All  he has to do is play well and win. The rumors and "haters" go away. It's that simple.