The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Fighting three times a year or fighting one time a year doesn't change what McGregor is. He's 100% a boxer, he has no answer for a takedown or a leg kick - he's a mouthpiece and a damn good one but he's not a top level MMA fighter.

He has already proven you wrong on that... you sound like one of those people who picked against McGregor every fight and ended up wrong just about every time pre-Khabib (we all knew he was losing to Khabib). 

“Uhhh, next time for sure!”. “Uhh lucky again, next time is the time FOR REAL!”. I saw a lot of my friends do this all the way from the first Porier fight to the second Diaz fight lol. 

The man has already proven himself to be an MMA Legend. Two titles at once, and one of the biggest tears the sport has ever seen, whether you agree with it or not.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He has already proven you wrong on that... you sound like one of those people who picked against McGregor every fight and ended up wrong just about every time pre-Khabib (we all knew he was losing to Khabib). 

“Uhhh, next time for sure!”. “Uhh lucky again, next time is the time FOR REAL!”. I saw a lot of my friends do this all the way from the first Porier fight to the second Diaz fight lol. 

The man has already proven himself to be an MMA Legend. Two titles at once, and one of the biggest tears the sport has ever seen, whether you agree with it or not.

I have nothing against McGregor or anyone else for that matter. I also have never discredited what Conor has done for himself or for the UFC - he's one of the best ever. 

However, the gameplan to beat him is out there - whether you love him or not his time has come and gone. That's part of the sport, you'll never be on top forget. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I have nothing against McGregor or anyone else for that matter. I also have never discredited what Conor has done for himself or for the UFC - he's one of the best ever. 

However, the gameplan to beat him is out there - whether you love him or not his time has come and gone. That's part of the sport, you'll never be on top forget. 

If you wanna say he's past his prime, that's one thing. That's not what you said in your last post. You basically said he's not a Top Level MMA Fighter because he's not well-rounded enough. While being well-rounded is a nice bonus, what makes you a Top Level MMA Fighter, is winning. And Conor has won, won, and won some more, all against top competition, and has proven "haters" wrong more than any guy I've ever seen. I'm not sure why he had haters to begin with, but yeah. He'll go down as a first ballot HoFer (if such a thing even exist in UFC).

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

That's fair, but eventually he will lose too - it's just part of the sport. Conor fans will never be able to accept that he lost via KO. 

Like who...? Pretty clear he got KO'd tonight and Dustin was the clear better fighter with the better gameplan.

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't know you and I'm new to this thread but this is sad. There's no way that someone you've never met and/or have no relationship with losing a fight is the worst moment of your life. 

Was worse than my dad dying last year, no cap.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol

Diamond is arguably the best boxer on the roster. If anyone was capable of doing it, it was him. That's why I picked him in my pick'em. You don't just come back from a year off and out box Dustin Poirier. Once those calf kicks started landing consistently, I knew Conor was ****ed.

You'll never understand this pain. At least the Jazz are better than the Bucks. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)