The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 1/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, beekay414 said:

For the rest of you, this is how I've assigned the picks. If you want to make changes, quote your part of the post and tag me again. I'll update it.

@BullsandBroncos
7 - Conor McGregor
6 - Dan Hooker
5 - Antonio Carlos Junior
4 - Jessica Eye
3 - Amanda Ribas
2 - Khalil Roundtree
1 - Julianna Pena

@Buckrock101
7 - Khalil Roundtree
6 - Julianna Pena
5 - Amanda Ribas
4 - Antonio Carlos Junior
3 - Jessica Eye
2 - Dan Hooker
1 - Conor McGregor

@JonStark
7 - Antonio Carlos Junior
6 - Jessica Eye
5 - Dustin Poirier
4 - Michael Chandler
3 - Amanda Ribas
2 - Julianna Pena
1 - Marcin Prachnio

@JaguarCrazy2832
7 - Conor McGregor
6 - Amanda Ribas
5 - Khalil Roundtree
4 - Michael Chandler
3 - Joanne Calderwood
2 - Antonio Carlos Junior
1 - Julianna Pena

@big poppa pump
7 - Amanda Ribas
6 - Khalil Roundtree
5 - Julianna Pena
4 - Antonio Carlos Junior
3 - Dan Hooker
2 - Jessica Eye
1 - Dustin Poirier

too late to change all of my picks?

• Like 1

Never doubted Poirier being an elite fighter. He was special last night. I thought the first round was Conor 10-9, but when I saw that leg LOOK LIKE A BALLOON ARIEL, I didn't think he'd last much longer. That leg got chewed up quick.

Props to Dustin and Mike Brown. Conor hasn't had to deal with that and he paid the price for it. 

If they give Michael Chandler a title shot against Dustin, it's a travesty. Dustin vs Chucky Olives is the only title fight to make.

Also, Dan Hooker looked like a 16 year old kid the first time he sees a girl naked last night. What was wrong with him?

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If I was gonna put money on that fight, it would of been Chandler. But I thought it was like a 55/45 type fight for Chandler and didn’t wanna risk it. 

Best way to bet is when you’re super confident on a fight, and you think the oddsmakers made a mistake with a near even line. 

BV winning by UD was almost a complete 100% lock. And it was -155. It should of been like -195. 

Yea I should've gone closer to the bolded and pissed away alot of the free money given. Doing the same thing with some ridiculous stuff in the NFL too

Im using that same logic when the Volkov/Reem fight drops. I'm taking Reem even though he's the dog

I honestly feel like im so cheap id be fine betting a 10-1 favorite just to make back 10% lol

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Still one of the least likable people in MMA. Just because your subtle doesn’t mean you don’t have a ton of hate in your heart. Khabib is sensitive and takes a lot of words personal.

Kind of hard not to take stuff personal when connor went as low as he did with Khabib.

Connor was even alluding to Khabibs dad sudden illness being a hoax before he died. So yeah definitely will never be no love lost between the two.

• Like 1

Here's what bugs me about Khabib's whole show me some spectacular or whatever it was. Poirier beat Conor in a way Conor has never been finished but then he says he already beat them both. So you clearly weren't going to fight them anyways. And you weren't going to fight either Hooker or Chandler bc Chandler is new and the guy he just starched cold just lost to Dustin who you beat so neither of them were worthy, so what exactly was going to make him excited to come back?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Here's what bugs me about Khabib's whole show me some spectacular or whatever it was. Poirier beat Conor in a way Conor has never been finished but then he says he already beat them both. So you clearly weren't going to fight them anyways. And you weren't going to fight either Hooker or Chandler bc Chandler is new and the guy he just starched cold just lost to Dustin who you beat so neither of them were worthy, so what exactly was going to make him excited to come back?

Pretty sure here's how the convo went:

Khabib: "No Dana, I told my mom I was done fighting, so that's it". 
Dana: "But what if something crazy happens? Would you be interested then?"
Khabib: "No, I'm retired."
Dana: "But what if something huge happens, that could lead to a ginormous fight?"
Khabib: "Fine Dana."
Dana: 

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Pretty sure here's how the convo went:

Khabib: "No Dana, I told my mom I was done fighting, so that's it". 
Dana: "But what if something crazy happens? Would you be interested then?"
Khabib: "No, I'm retired."
Dana: "But what if something huge happens, that could lead to a ginormous fight?"
Khabib: "Fine Dana."
Dana: 

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

Yea part of me wondered if Dana was talking 100% BS(I know, I know!) but at the same time Khabib would call him out on that too so there had to be some truth to it

Also, just to be clear I dont hate Khabib or anything im just curious what exactly needed to happen 2 days ago for him to want to come back

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea part of me wondered if Dana was talking 100% BS(I know, I know!) but at the same time Khabib would call him out on that too so there had to be some truth to it

Also, just to be clear I dont hate Khabib or anything im just curious what exactly needed to happen 2 days ago for him to want to come back

Knowing what we know of Dana, I think it's pretty much 90% BS, but there has to be a little bit on Khabib as well for not vacating the belt by now on his own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Knowing what we know of Dana, I think it's pretty much 90% BS, but there has to be a little bit on Khabib as well for not vacating the belt by now on his own. 

They need to figure out who Dustin is fighting next for an interim belt and then tell Khabib the winner fights you....if he says no to that then strip him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They need to figure out who Dustin is fighting next for an interim belt and then tell Khabib the winner fights you....if he says no to that then strip him. 

I think they need to strip him now. Dustin's not fighting for another interim and would probably just lobby for the rubber match with Conor over that. 

• Like 1