The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

conor felt invincible though. i'm more so just doing it because i'm still processing the fact that conor lost this fight and trying to rationalize it. conor finally feels like a guy that can lose to absolutely anyone. when he lost to nate it felt like a fluke. when he lost to khabib it was like ok he lost to the best or 2nd best fighter to ever do it. now it's like yeah he can definitely lose to a handful of guys probably. that's not a reality i've lived in before until dustin just beat him. i just hope he has some magical moments left because he (in the lead up to the brandao fight), along with jon jones at ufc 172, were the two things that got me hooked on mma. i feel like his mystique is finally gone. respectful conor that seems comfortable with losses (i know he's disappointed, but whatever) and stopped flowing like he used to. the ******* in and out magical conor has turned into like a mike perry i'm just gonna plant my feet, eat your shots and i'll throw my **** too i guess. don't quote me on that because i know that's the one thing you'll pull from this and he's obviously way more talented, that doesn't need to be pointed out man. just miss mystic mac. this isn't mystic mac anymore and i think tonight solidified that as i've now said 4 times this post it feels like lol 

Lol I'm not going to pull one small sample from you so I don't know why you're being a ***** about that. 

I think you are sleeping massively on Poirier. It's not just losing to anyone. I posted a tweet that showed that Dustin has handed 4 different people their first KO losses in their careers since moving up to 155. Perhaps, instead of Mac becoming a bum like Mike Perry, he just lost to a superior fighter. Poirier is special. Always has been. A fluke loss to Michael Johnson doesn't change that at all. Conor is still an elite fighter. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol I'm not going to pull one small sample from you so I don't know why you're being a ***** about that. 

i could fill up a folder of times i made like a 16 sentence post and then you take 5 words from it where i said something way too hyperbolically or just said something kinda dumb and then it turns into a discussion about that dumb line i said instead of the larger point i was trying to convey in the whole post lol 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think you are sleeping massively on Poirier. It's not just losing to anyone. I posted a tweet that showed that Dustin has handed 4 different people their first KO losses in their careers since moving up to 155. Perhaps, instead of Mac becoming a bum like Mike Perry, he just lost to a superior fighter. Poirier is special. Always has been. A fluke loss to Michael Johnson doesn't change that at all. Conor is still an elite fighter. 

yes... i know poirier is not just anyone. but previously... conor had 1 "fluke" loss, or so you could crack it up to be. and then a loss to khabib. this was his first like legit loss to a guy that's not the best of all time. dustin, gaethje, oliveira, ferguson that tier of guys are below khabib... and guys i still believed conor would probably be able to beat. now that he's lost to one of those guys in that tier, i'm saying it could very very easily be (and i'd probably favor them over him) any of those guys, which previously wasn't something i would believe. and it's not just because he lost to dustin, it's just i think we officially lost the old conor with how he reacted to things and the style in which he fought tonight... will he adjust and get back to the old way he fought? maybe i just really don't think this is the same guy he used to be even though he's still putting in the work. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i could fill up a folder of times i made like a 16 sentence post and then you take 5 words from it where i said something way too hyperbolically or just said something kinda dumb and then it turns into a discussion about that dumb line i said instead of the larger point i was trying to convey in the whole post lol

And you know, you turd, that I'm typically ******* with you lol. Tell me more of how you really feel about me. 😬

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Big bro's gotta **** with little bro every now and then! Lol 

brits 2019 GIF by BRIT Awards

now let's get a few hours of sleep in before we endure another ****in sleepwalking nobody gives a **** playoff performance tomorrow. will be a big day for us, i got my first mock ready im gonna launch 5 minutes after we lose so you got that to look forward to 

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

So pumped for Diamond. Great gameplan with the legkicks, but I was scared when Conor was starting to land a little. His combination of power, speed, and accuracy is still so nasty. Probably my biggest MMA win as a fan. Only other two fights that would've beaten that is if he beat Khabib or Rashad beat Bones. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

its also because he doesnt scream his trash talk like the others

Still one of the least likable people in MMA. Just because your subtle doesn’t mean you don’t have a ton of hate in your heart. Khabib is sensitive and takes a lot of words personal.

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To each their own. I’ve had way more success with MMA than any sport for sure. Just gotta pick your shots. Tonight for example I slapped a couple bills on Tavares and stayed away from every other fight. 

If McGregor was -150 I would of put money on him but at -280 hell no. 

Yea only money I actually made last night was on Chandler actually. Figured at a + anything it was a decent bet since I thought he'd win

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea only money I actually made last night was on Chandler actually. Figured at a + anything it was a decent bet since I thought he'd win

If I was gonna put money on that fight, it would of been Chandler. But I thought it was like a 55/45 type fight for Chandler and didn’t wanna risk it. 

Best way to bet is when you’re super confident on a fight, and you think the oddsmakers made a mistake with a near even line. 

BV winning by UD was almost a complete 100% lock. And it was -155. It should of been like -195. 

Edited by BayRaider