The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Not foolish at all. Overeem's on a hell of a run right now, looking great. 4 wins of his last 5, all finishes. Could have 5 in a row if he lasted 5 seconds longer (story of my life).

I think it could go either way. Think it's a bit of a bad matchup for Volkov tbh. He doesn't throw that one-punch power that I feel like you need to beat the Reem. Not sure Volkov's volume-centric strategy is going to work against someone as experienced and as technical as Overeem.

Yea idk if its just I'm not a huge believer in Volkov or just believe in Reem's skills stylistically but it seems like as sound of a bet you can get in a HW bout haha

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

He's too good at playing the gimmick he does to sell PPVs. Most of the time you see him out of character, he seems alright. 

He's obviously had his issues outside of the cage with the cell phone and old man stuff (and Khabib) but every time I see anything, he's nothing but a class act. Obviously, it could just be because the cameras are rolling but who knows. 

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure if this has been posted?

Lose 1 banger and gain another...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/01/ufc-news-jairzinho-rozenstruik-ciryl-gane-new-main-event-feb-27

We didn't really gain one though right? That fight was already scheduled?

Saw Uriah Hall v Weidman is out too due to Weidman getting Covid

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Conor at the end with Dustin's wife is awesome. People really hate this dude?

Kind of depends on where you are with his past right? Like some of the stuff he said to Khabib about his wife and whatnot and then of course the old man incident it makes it difficult to LOVE him like other fighters but I think he does do alot of good as well. He does seem like a different person. I'm very curious how he'd be if he ever got a chance to fight Khabib again. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, beekay414 said:

Ben Askren survived Robbie Lawler almost taking his head off with 4 oz gloves. I think he'll be fine vs that amateur who barely hit Nate Robinson clean.

IIRC Paul landed 8/40 (25%) of his punches against Nate Robinson and now everyone thinks he's just going to walk through Askren, who is a trained fighter and the same size as him.