The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i've had it with this narrative you've created that my draft takes are anything less than the best the internet has to offer. nobody grinds the tape harder. nobody has less of an acumen to know what to look for. nobody adamantly praises a consensus 6th round prospect that ends up amounting to nothing. who tf goes deeper with more passion is the ******* question?  

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Youtube does appreciate the draft night traffic from ya, homie! Much love!

conor has won 1 UFC fight at 155, he has only won 3 fights in the last 5 years

ufc 178:

jon jones v gus was scheduled but gus got hurt
mighty mouse 
cowboy v alvarez
conor v dustin
yoel v tim kennedy 
nunes v zingano
dom cruz's return
jorge masvidal
wonderboy
kevin lee

kinda crazy

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

conor has won 1 UFC fight at 155, he has only won 3 fights in the last 5 years

ufc 178:

jon jones v gus was scheduled but gus got hurt
mighty mouse 
cowboy v alvarez
conor v dustin
yoel v tim kennedy 
nunes v zingano
dom cruz's return
jorge masvidal
wonderboy
kevin lee

kinda crazy

i was just thinking about his dubs...

washed cowboy
eddie who's a big dub and was probably around peak form
nate2 but he lost that fight imo, but arguable for sure
jose who's been 4-5 since
mendes who went 1-2/retired after
siver
poirier1 who was still pretty green
brandao
holloway green obviously
brimage

looking back at those wins... alvarez was probably his biggest/most impressive win looking back at how those guys turned out after and kinda where they were probably at at the time. i mean no doubt the jose is the biggest win of his career, but eddie is the only guy i really look at and think yeah that guy was probably at/near the top of his game. 

15 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i was just thinking about his dubs...

washed cowboy
eddie who's a big dub and was probably around peak form
nate2 but he lost that fight imo, but arguable for sure
jose who's been 4-5 since
mendes who went 1-2/retired after
siver
poirier1 who was still pretty green
brandao
holloway green obviously
brimage

looking back at those wins... alvarez was probably his biggest/most impressive win looking back at how those guys turned out after and kinda where they were probably at at the time. i mean no doubt the jose is the biggest win of his career, but eddie is the only guy i really look at and think yeah that guy was probably at/near the top of his game. 

Lol Jose hadn't lost for a decade and Conor cleaned him in less time than it takes to reheat a slice of pizza. Eddie got knocked cold by some rando in ONE. 

MMA math doesn't work. You can't look at what happens AFTER the fight. That's unfair to fighters and always slants things. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Lol Jose hadn't lost for a decade and Conor cleaned him in less time than it takes to reheat a slice of pizza. Eddie got knocked cold by some rando in ONE. 

MMA math doesn't work. You can't look at what happens AFTER the fight. That's unfair to fighters and always slants things. 

yes it was obviously the biggest win of his career. sometimes you say things like you're the only person that witnessed them and had an idea of what was happening. it's not MMA math, i'm just saying eddie's the only guy that really had some impressive wins after taking an L to conor. 

when conor took the fights against them they were monsters. mendes was a monster. jose a monster. eddie kinda a monster somewhat. not saying he hasn't beat tough *** guys and fights that were the biggest possible fight he could've taken. just think the timing of a lot of his fights were pretty fortunate. 

just looking at dustin's resume, and again not saying he's had bigger moments than conor because i now you'll take verbatim literally and just stick to it for some reason, and i think his resume (in terms of toughness and where the guys were kinda at looking at it their records/legacy aside) is better than conors, which is kinda surprising to consider. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yes it was obviously the biggest win of his career. sometimes you say things like you're the only person that witnessed them and had an idea of what was happening. it's not MMA math, i'm just saying eddie's the only guy that really had some impressive wins after taking an L to conor. 

No I just think it's stupid to take a revisionist history to fight resumes, which is exactly what you're doing. I get the thought process but you can literally tear apart every fighters career doing that. It's not specific to Conor. 

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

when conor took the fights against them they were monsters. mendes was a monster. jose a monster. eddie kinda a monster somewhat. not saying he hasn't beat tough *** guys and fights that were the biggest possible fight he could've taken. just think the timing of a lot of his fights were pretty fortunate. 

just looking at dustin's resume, and again not saying he's had bigger moments than conor because i now you'll take verbatim literally and just stick to it for some reason, and i think his resume (in terms of toughness and where the guys were kinda at looking at it their records/legacy aside) is better than conors, which is kinda surprising to consider. 

Lol I didn't take anything "verbatim" you just made a bad point that can be made for all fighters. I'm not even a Conor defender FFS. 

Everything in MMA should be taken in the moment. Otherwise Nate Diaz isn't a superstar considering his W/L record. Nate got subbed by Hermes Franca FFS and lost to Joe Stevenson. At the time, those two were legit UFC guys. It happens with literally every fighter as time goes on. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Lol I didn't take anything "verbatim" you just made a ****ty point that can be made for all fighters. I'm not even a Conor defender FFS. 

Everything in MMA should be taken in the moment. Otherwise Nate Diaz isn't a superstar considering his W/L record. Nate got subbed by Hermes Franca FFS and most to Joe Stevenson. At the time, those two were legit UFC guys. It happens with literally every fighter as time goes on. 

conor felt invincible though. i'm more so just doing it because i'm still processing the fact that conor lost this fight and trying to rationalize it. conor finally feels like a guy that can lose to absolutely anyone. when he lost to nate it felt like a fluke. when he lost to khabib it was like ok he lost to the best or 2nd best fighter to ever do it. now it's like yeah he can definitely lose to a handful of guys probably. that's not a reality i've lived in before until dustin just beat him. i just hope he has some magical moments left because he (in the lead up to the brandao fight), along with jon jones at ufc 172, were the two things that got me hooked on mma. i feel like his mystique is finally gone. respectful conor that seems comfortable with losses (i know he's disappointed, but whatever) and stopped flowing like he used to. the ******* in and out magical conor has turned into like a mike perry i'm just gonna plant my feet, eat your shots and i'll throw my **** too i guess. don't quote me on that because i know that's the one thing you'll pull from this and he's obviously way more talented, that doesn't need to be pointed out man. just miss mystic mac. this isn't mystic mac anymore and i think tonight solidified that as i've now said 4 times this post it feels like lol 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)