The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

That's what I was talking about...if they fought at 145, and Conor was closer to 170 on fight night.  I could still see him getting taken down by a world class wrestler!

Then you’re in some weird Connor-hate fantasy land. If there was a 25lb weight difference on fight night, Henry would not have enough mass to take him down. He would get completely mopped and KO’d in the 1st. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Then you’re in some weird Connor-hate fantasy land. If there was a 25lb weight difference on fight night, Henry would not have enough mass to take him down. He would get completely mopped and KO’d in the 1st. 

I mean you are assuming that Henry wouldn't put on weight either.  If he walks around at 145, and somehow Conor could actually make 145, then maybe it would be that much of a difference.  I doubt it though.  And while I neither like Conor nor Henry, I still know that 1 is a world class wrestler, and the other can't stop a takedown.  If it was an actual 25lb difference on fight night, then maybe, Conor would have a chance at not being on his back.  That's about the only way though!

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Anyone like McKinney tonight. A quick turnaround for him but he’s a slight dog against Dober. Might be worth the chance and take the +130

And that’s why I don’t bet UFC. 

Ref stopped the fight extremely early but didn’t do the same for McKinney 2 minutes prior when he was actually doing damage to Dober 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

And that’s why I don’t bet UFC. 

Ref stopped the fight extremely early but didn’t do the same for McKinney 2 minutes prior when he was actually doing damage to Dober 

Nah it was all about body launguage. Dober was always trying to recover and come back and Mckinney was just covered up and taking shots. Would've just been 5-10 more uneccessary shots.

Mckinney is going to be really good for a while but he needs to learn that the fight lasts 15 minutes, not 3. 

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean you are assuming that Henry wouldn't put on weight either.  If he walks around at 145, and somehow Conor could actually make 145, then maybe it would be that much of a difference.  I doubt it though.  And while I neither like Conor nor Henry, I still know that 1 is a world class wrestler, and the other can't stop a takedown.  If it was an actual 25lb difference on fight night, then maybe, Conor would have a chance at not being on his back.  That's about the only way though!

Conors take down defense isn’t exactly awful. It isnt stellar but didnt he stop several of Khabibs shots?