The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean, I'm shocked that they fight in Abu Dhabi. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if UAE paid off Dana to not have octagon girls or women fight at events there.

I was just listening to an old Dana interview that occurred shortly after their first event in Abu Dhabi(The Silva-Maia disaster), he mentioned the ring card girl thing specifically being an issue- one of a couple that he had to work through. Which made the lackluster main event all that more enraging to him. 

That's kind of brutal for Volk. About 2 weeks notice to fight the champion a division up? I know a lot of people feel he won the first fight, but that's rough. Also, if he loses this one it would be hard to sell a trilogy fight in the future. 

Sucks for Oliveira too, obviously. After that cut heals they should book him against McGregor for UFC 300. That's a big name fight they can bill as revenge for Jose Aldo & Brazil or some sh*t. Would do numbers. Charles gets a massive pay day and easy dub to make up for losing the title shot.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I get that Costa had a minor surgery on his elbow, but why couldn't Khamzat fight Vettori or something?

I think they are gonna scrap that fight and then do Vettori actually. Think I heard he was the backup fighter. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think they are gonna scrap that fight and then do Vettori actually. Think I heard he was the backup fighter. 

It's been reported by the same podcast that broke Volk/Islam + first reported this fight being off (which still isn't confirmed afaik) that Vettori was offered and declined the Khamzat fight.

I think Roman Dolidze or Cannonier is the fight to make.