The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Who wants to take bets about DC complaining about the eye poke in round 3 and saying that is why he couldn't see and why he couldn't win the championship rounds (though I gave him round 4)

I mean, are you saying that guys eye isnt messed up? hes always been a class act too so im confused at the point?

Edited by GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Who wants to take bets about DC complaining about the eye poke in round 3 and saying that is why he couldn't see and why he couldn't win the championship rounds (though I gave him round 4)

He wasn't too bad...I mean I get it, that was a REALLY bad poke, and his emotions are obviously running extremely high after fights.

Miocic just seems like the kind of guy who would be great to have a beer with. Easily one of the most likeable champions of memory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I mean, are you saying that guys eye isnt messes up? hes always been a class act to so im confused at the point?

No doubt the eye is messed up. It was getting messed up before the eye poke though. I don't that we as spectators can tell how much is the punches and how much is the eye poke.

My point was that he lost round 2 and 3 before that and I think took round 4, so while it may have had an effect I don't believe it cost him the fight.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

He wasn't too bad...I mean I get it, that was a REALLY bad poke, and his emotions are obviously running extremely high after fights.

Miocic just seems like the kind of guy who would be great to have a beer with. Easily one of the most likeable champions of memory.

No, I agree he handled it well. Can't really hide it but didn't initiate the talk and just stated matter of fact and moved on and didn't say that is the reason. Handled it like a champ (I'll see myself out)

I agree on Miocic too. One of my favorite athletes period.

• Like 3

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

DC is the king of eye pokes. How symbolic. Nice guy but will always be overrated to me. That fight kinda sucked. Glad it was free

Not sure how anyone can call him overrated...his only losses were to the two GOATs of their respective weight classes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

No doubt the eye is messed up. It was getting messed up before the eye poke though. I don't that we as spectators can tell how much is the punches and how much is the eye poke.

My point was that he lost round 2 and 3 before that and I think took round 4, so while it may have had an effect I don't believe it cost him the fight.

undoubtedly it looked different after the poke, he claims he couldnt see out of it and certainly stipes right hand was landing easier after it. I doubt it lost him the fight but that was a bad poke, i mean stipes finger was just about knuckle. But i dont think DC would let the fight stop even if the poke was recognized. So the result is no different.

Regardless, it was competitive but Stipe clearly won. heck, you could argue he won every round, he had round 1 in the bag until 1 punch that buckled him in the last seconds. BUT, i can understand the frustration from DC when a ref missed such a bad one. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)