The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

You can hate Suga all you want but if you're happy with the way that fight went then you're just terrible. 

As for DC, I do feel bad about the eye poke especially if he really cant seem anything as he said "All Black" but even if you take a point from Stipe he still wins by split decision

Overall its just unfortunate the 2 biggest fights end by injury and a significant eye poke happened too

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

JDS needs to be done. Dana was talking about having a talk with him.

I hope DC's eye isn't Bisping bad. That looked awful. Stipe would've won regardless, imo. He's just better. No shame in your only career losses being to two guys who are the Goats of their divisions.

Felt bad for Suga. Everything was set up for him to catapult himself into that next tier then that happens. He has a pretty unique body type for BW. Some guys bodies just can't hold up and I hope he doesn't turn out to be one of those brittle guys that rarely fight.

Gotta make Jon Jones fight Reyes before he moves to HW. 

Jones-Reyes 2

Stipe-Francis 2

Then Jones gets the winner.

Was gonna type up my thoughts, but this sums it up pretty well.

Love JDS and he looked good, but he's past the point of being able to compete with the top guys and there's no point in keeping going at his age without that.

I would've bet my house that the main event ended in a finish. Been on a bad MMA streak lately. 

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Was gonna type up my thoughts, but this sums it up pretty well.

Love JDS and he looked good, but he's past the point of being able to compete with the top guys and there's no point in keeping going at his age without that.

I would've bet my house that the main event ended in a finish. Been on a bad MMA streak lately. 

JDS can still throw but he just cant take big shots anymore. Retire dude so you can still remember your little girl's wedding when you're older

Also that ME had so many huge shots land. Stipe got wobbled once, DC got dropped. Considering the other HW trilogies to compare it to were alot of letdowns for the most part this was super exciting at times

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think DC is done.

Even if he had 2 functioning eyes, at no point during that fight did I think he was going to win or was in control. Stipe wasn’t super dominant, but you knew he had the fight under control.

I feel like they were opportunities for DC to swarm at times that Stipe was a little hurt, but he never swarmed because of how cautious he was of Stipe's power. DC's punches LOOKed more powerful, but Stipe's hands are just cinderblocks. 

Just watched the post right press conference and my god is Chito Vera just so easy to dislike.

You won the fight, that’s great, but don’t act like it was some dominant performance and worked out exactly like you thought it would, and your kick caused the injury.

Like come on, just say you’re happy with the win and looking forward to your next fight. I just can’t get in that mindset of openly celebrating like that when deep down you know an injury played such a huge roll. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Just watched the post right press conference and my god is Chito Vera just so easy to dislike.

You won the fight, that’s great, but don’t act like it was some dominant performance and worked out exactly like you thought it would, and your kick caused the injury.

Like come on, just say you’re happy with the win and looking forward to your next fight. I just can’t get in that mindset of openly celebrating like that when deep down you know an injury played such a huge roll. 

i dont konw what cause it, but he did get him with a calf kick 5 seconds before that super obvious stumble. maybe that cause it, maybe it didnt. 

And i didnt really like the post fight stuff either but omalley talked a bunch of crap prefight, some guys just take that and put it in the vault.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont konw what cause it, but he did get him with a calf kick 5 seconds before that super obvious stumble. maybe that cause it, maybe it didnt. 

And i didnt really like the post fight stuff either but omalley talked a bunch of crap prefight, some guys just take that and put it in the vault.

99% of guys talk trash prefight to bump up intrigue and sales....UFC promotions have pretty much taken the WWE route for hyping fights and creating animosity.

I could completely understand the guy celebrating within reason...but hopping on the cage, nonstop talking about himself and how he proved everyone wrong, with the way it ended, just makes him seem like he was surprised he won tbh, and can't hold in his excitement, doesn't know how to deal with it, so he's coming off like huge d-bag.

I am in no way saying his win doesn't count btw....it's a legitimate win, and good for him. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)