High Mock

HighCalebR

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jordan Elliott is going to go a lot earlier than the late 3rd.

Yeah I'm here with you 😂 I didnt want to make my first mock without him so ill use the early draft period to get a little more flame to his name.

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Would rather have Veldheer than Spriggs and I think 12 would too.

definitely not enough done in this draft on the offensive side of the ball to add playmakers.

We had opportunities to add some pieces through trade. We didn't. I couldve probably added a mid tier signing at WR like the PJ signing but i dont think it's imperative.

If Mims can be a 400 yd receiver as a rookie and we like Lazzard I think we'd be fine. 

Veldheer is ok, but also going to be 34 and is overrated here. He hasnt been tested much at all. I think its just as likely that we move on from both as anything.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah I'm here with you 😂 I didnt want to make my first mock without him so ill use the early draft period to get a little more flame to his name.

We had opportunities to add some pieces through trade. We didn't. I couldve probably added a mid tier signing at WR like the PJ signing but i dont think it's imperative.

If Mims can be a 400 yd receiver as a rookie and we like Lazzard I think we'd be fine. 

Veldheer is ok, but also going to be 34 and is overrated here. He hasnt been tested much at all. I think its just as likely that we move on from both as anything.

As much as I like Lazard, We don’t need another Lazard. We should be aiming for another Davante type WR or TE

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

As much as I like Lazard, We don’t need another Lazard. We should be aiming for another Davante type WR or TE

Mims is not some outside only guy, he is not purely linear. Mims with time can play the big slot. I dont know why everyone is trying to pigeonhole to 1 thing or another. We play a lot of 2 wide these guys arent playing a shot ton of slot snaps. Could we use a smaller guy? Yeah im down, see round 4. Doesnt mean we couldnt also find a ton of ways to use a Kenny Golladay or a Kupp or a Devante Parker. Theres limited $ and limited picks, we're not going to get it all. I think Mims will be available late 2md while still having insane upside. I think youre being very close minded to something that is far from a sure thing.

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Mims is not some outside only guy, he is not purely linear. Mims with time can play the big slot. I dont know why everyone is trying to pigeonhole to 1 thing or another. We play a lot of 2 wide these guys arent playing a shot ton of slot snaps. Could we use a smaller guy? Yeah im down, see round 4. Doesnt mean we couldnt also find a ton of ways to use a Kenny Golladay or a Kupp or a Devante Parker. Theres limited $ and limited picks, we're not going to get it all. I think Mims will be available late 2md while still having insane upside. I think youre being very close minded to something that is far from a sure thing.

It’s not referring to Mims.we can’t just draft a WR/TE to take the offense to the next level that’s needed. We need to make major moves in free agency/draft to improve the talent level

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

It’s not referring to Mims.we can’t just draft a WR/TE to take the offense to the next level that’s needed. We need to make major moves in free agency/draft to improve the talent level

Whos going to do that though? TEs are a mess. Hooper is going to be an overpay. Which WR is going to be a major move while also being able to give our DL some serious help? Were in a spot with limited resources. We'll have to ride one of the better young running backs a strong OL and one elite WR as much as possible.

I see that there are alternative routes but this is the one i chose

Edited by HighCalebR

21 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Whos going to do that though? TEs are a mess. Hooper is going to be an overpay. Which WR is going to be a major move while also being able to give our DL some serious help? Were in a spot with limited resources. We'll have to ride one of the better young running backs a strong OL and one elite WR as much as possible.

You *could* take a shot at Amari Cooper but I don't think that would be worth it despite his skills. AJ Green's injury history is really scary but maybe a cheap option. Same with Sanders.

I'd consider making a run at Hunter Henry. Again, injuries are scary but he's a great weapon when healthy. Ebron is a discount version but would offer some threat in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

You *could* take a shot at Amari Cooper but I don't think that would be worth it despite his skills. AJ Green's injury history is really scary but maybe a cheap option. Same with Sanders.

I'd consider making a run at Hunter Henry. Again, injuries are scary but he's a great weapon when healthy. Ebron is a discount version but would offer some threat in the middle.

We're not paying what it'd take to sign someone like Amari Cooper.  We're more likely to sign someone in that next tier or two.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Just going to base the numbers off Spotrac.

Rough Starting Cap 37M

Cuts:

Lane Taylor: +4m With Patrick getting paid this is a done deal.

Jimmy Graham: +8 I kept looking for a way to rework him with the weak draft and FA but its either him or Marcedes. The cash is just too much. 

agree on the cuts.  Might be able to trade Taylor for a late round pick.  Teams are looking for OL, he has starter experience and not a huge contract.  

Updated Cap 49M

In-House Signings:

Bryan Bulaga: 3y/14m This is why you draft the young ones in the 1st, productive 3rd contracts.

Seems a tad high, but depending on how it is structured, 30-40% of the contract in SB.  ~$15M in SB, 2020 cap hit around $8M and it jumps up the last 2 years.  Say 8 14, 20.  Likely cut after that 2nd year and cap savings.  I think GB tops out at around $12M per year. 

Mason Crosby:3y/4m Roll with the vet.

Marcedes Lewis: 1y/2m Plays his roll, if he wants to come back I'm down.

Fine with these

Jason Spriggs: 1y/3.5m Make this Veldheer if you want, we stashed him for some reason so I'm rollin.

BJ Goodson: 750k

Ibraheim Campbell: 750k

+ERFA

Don't see it with Sprigss at that price.  Veldheer I can see that.

Updated Cap 24M-ish

Street Signings:

usa-today-8198309.0.jpg

Michael Brockers: 3y/12m If we don't believe in Mont we need to add some firepower to the DL. Money I wish we didn't have to spend. Having all 3 starting DL/the whole front off rookie contracts is gonna hurt.

Like Brockers as a running mate for Clark.   He is a bit older than some other IDL options in FA.  

190123-pj-williams-ew-127p_c8b05c6bc385a

P.J. Williams: 3y/5m With Tramon walking away after we win the Boat I want an experienced DB who has split time between deep safety, the slot and outside reps. Between Chandon and PJ we should be just fine. Protection against Jackson being bad.

Not a huge fan here.  he got beat pretty regularly and had a pretty high passer rating against the last 2 years.  113 in 2018, 110 in 2019

Updated Cap: 7M-ish

Walking into the draft we've been priced out of the ILB market, WR is in need of bolstering, the RB's are in the last year of contracts, the TE's are unknown or ancient, OCB is a bit of a question mark going forward. DL has to find young talent and there's the looming QB situation.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're not paying what it'd take to sign someone like Amari Cooper.  We're more likely to sign someone in that next tier or two.

For sure. I just mean it's not *impossible* but it would be committing all of our resources to that one player.

The next tier is the AJ Green/Emmanuel Sanders/Robby Andersons of the world. Drafting is honestly the best choice for WR imo. Just an underwhelming group.

@squire12 Im not seeing the major difference between Spriggs and Veldheer. Veldheer got a super easy slate the two games he got, any time Clowney went over him he blew up the run. But Spriggs is the evil we know.

Bulaga is at 10 on fair market at spotrac, but theres guys that are of similar age and level of play that they have up at 15-16. I couldve probably went a little lower but i knew i was gonna cheat the draft a bit. Call it leveling the playing field.

I like Brockers because he's steady, not a great pass rusher but he can win 1v1s. I think his playstyle transitions well to the early 30s. He's the one i didnt actually go take a look at again though.

PJ I did go back and watch a few games. I absolutely dont want him on the boundary but as a Tramon replacement I like him. You keep the main course off his plate and I dont think he'll lose you games. If Tony didnt get shipped out I probably go in a different direction. Hell I'd probably go Bausby if I didnt think the Broncos would match. The only other CB that really caught my eye was Byron Jones but Cowboys have space and he wont be cheap.

42 minutes ago, Striker said:

For sure. I just mean it's not *impossible* but it would be committing all of our resources to that one player.

The next tier is the AJ Green/Emmanuel Sanders/Robby Andersons of the world. Drafting is honestly the best choice for WR imo. Just an underwhelming group.

For sure, that's a route we could go, I wouldn't necessarily dislike it. I just think the DL needs some major improvement, I want Dean to be the 3rd DL and Lancaster to be the 5th, more than I want Lazard to be the 4th.

Demarcus Robinson is interesting for a filler guy but IDK how comfortable I am trying to poach from KC.

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yep, agree with Cwood that it will be a couple tier 2 signings or so Probably 1 at WR and 1 at TE. Can't go into next season with an Adam's ACL tear dooming the season.

That said, I do have hope for EQ and maybe MVS can rebound. Geronimo needs to go. Kumerow can be upgraded. Seeing Sternbeger contribute was encouraging.