Reuben Foster update

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Nerve damage.

I mean Jalen Smiths I think was way worse he came back. I don’t think we should count or not make a wise move for a replacement if value meets opportunity. We haven’t invested much in Foster you can sign a FA or draft a LB in the draft. But yeah very low expectations

My wife just tore her ACL and Meniscus...... we talked with her surgeon in depth about the repair because I was worried about nerve damage and foot drop.  It turns out that the main nerve that controls your foot runs directly beside the LCL and makes the repair much more complicated. Tearing multiple ligaments also slows the healing process because you have multiple donor sights that need to recover. The fact that he is regaining feeling in his feet is a good sign because it’s showing nerve regeneration. Jaylen Smith had an absolutely devastating knee injury, and was able to return to a pro bowl level. Obviously, people recover from injury in different ways, but I am optimistic that Ruben can make a full recovery from his injury. I would not expect him to be ready for the start of the 2020 season, but I could see him coming off IR around week 8.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, he's done here. Not gonna play this year and I seriously doubt he will ever make it back onto the field for us

Without a 2nd rd Pick and get a quality LB in this years draft will be hard. Free Agency might be our only way to get a good LB. My man C Littleton hopefully there for the picking. Sorry for mentioning his name in so many other posts. He’s fast and very productive LB, like JDR said he was looking for his Defense. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, Marcus21 said:

My wife just tore her ACL and Meniscus...... we talked with her surgeon in depth about the repair because I was worried about nerve damage and foot drop.  It turns out that the main nerve that controls your foot runs directly beside the LCL and makes the repair much more complicated. Tearing multiple ligaments also slows the healing process because you have multiple donor sights that need to recover. The fact that he is regaining feeling in his feet is a good sign because it’s showing nerve regeneration. Jaylen Smith had an absolutely devastating knee injury, and was able to return to a pro bowl level. Obviously, people recover from injury in different ways, but I am optimistic that Ruben can make a full recovery from his injury. I would not expect him to be ready for the start of the 2020 season, but I could see him coming off IR around week 8.

Ouch! sorry to hear about your wife. You're exactly correct! That nerve is particularly vulnerable with those injuries. But even with this guy as an athlete, I need to caution you guys on expecting him to play this year. He's just now getting feeling into the feet. I'm not optimistic he will be where he needs to be by Week 8. My guess is that he doesn't fully recover (if he ever does - but using the most optimistic time-frame I can think of) until next January.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ouch! sorry to hear about your wife. You're exactly correct! That nerve is particularly vulnerable with those injuries. But even with this guy as an athlete, I need to caution you guys on expecting him to play this year. He's just now getting feeling into the feet. I'm not optimistic he will be where he needs to be by Week 8. My guess is that he doesn't fully recover (if he ever does - but using the most optimistic time-frame I can think of) until next January.

Is it worth keeping this guy around for another ENTIRE YEAR, knowing that the team will get nothing out of him? Another dude hanging out in the trainers room can’t be the type of culture Ron is trying to build. Dead weight has been dropped all over the front office and coaching staff, time to start on the roster