2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

Screw it. Let's be the Cleveland Browns and win the off-season. It lasts longer than the regular season anyway and is far less likely to give me the anxiety that the regular season does.

Think about it. The Cleveland Browns went from being a dumpster fire that no one talks about to the Springfield Tire Fire that's on every sports talk show. It would be nice to have our team in the media for once.

Let's sign the decrepit future HOF QB, Tom Brady.

Shell out ridiculous money for a RB contract that looks stupid in 2 years, Derrick Henry.

And blow the rest on an ED with name recognition, Jadaveon Clowney.

Let everyone else walk because **** them. Ain't nobody talking about offensive linemen.

We might only finish the season 7-9, and we're sure to get worse than that going forward, but we would absolutely kill it this off-season and it would be glorious.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Screw it. Let's be the Cleveland Browns and win the off-season. It lasts longer than the regular season anyway and is far less likely to give me the anxiety that the regular season does.

Think about it. The Cleveland Browns went from being a dumpster fire that no one talks about to the Springfield Tire Fire that's on every sports talk show. It would be nice to have our team in the media for once.

Shell out ridiculous money for a RB contract that looks stupid in 2 years, Derrick Henry.

Let everyone else walk because **** them. Ain't nobody talking about offensive linemen.

We might only finish the season 7-9, and we're sure to get worse than that going forward, but we would absolutely kill it this off-season and it would be glorious.

Image result for debbie downer gif

But seriously, I think the Titans have the leverage in Tanny's case. There are very suitable QBs out there in maybe Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater...trade for Cam. Pick up Andy Dalton (who everyone will say sucks, but who could easily do what we asked of Tanny but likely not at that production level.) Dunno. just options.

From what I have heard (nothing officially) all signs point to bringing Henry back on a 4 year deal. Henry has at the very least 2 prime production years. 4 yr deal with a way to get out after 2 or 3 is the way to go.

Conklin I think will price himself out, unless they tag him. 
Ryan I think you maybe bring back but has to be right price. 

It is wild because our off-season could be really boring or really crazy. 
Boring that we bring back everyone and nothing is really new

or 

We get a new QB or RB, find a new RT....let a CB walk.  WILD WILD WEST  Trader JON!

56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But seriously, I think the Titans have the leverage in Tanny's case. There are very suitable QBs out there in maybe Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater...trade for Cam. Pick up Andy Dalton (who everyone will say sucks, but who could easily do what we asked of Tanny but likely not at that production level.) Dunno. just options.

From what I have heard (nothing officially) all signs point to bringing Henry back on a 4 year deal. Henry has at the very least 2 prime production years. 4 yr deal with a way to get out after 2 or 3 is the way to go.

Conklin I think will price himself out, unless they tag him. 
Ryan I think you maybe bring back but has to be right price. 

It is wild because our off-season could be really boring or really crazy. 
Boring that we bring back everyone and nothing is really new

or 

We get a new QB or RB, find a new RT....let a CB walk.  WILD WILD WEST  Trader JON!

I wouldn't call that offseason boring personally. If anything I'd be excited to bring back core pieces that had us one game away from the Super Bowl and I'd be excited to build off that with "OUR" guys. Maybe it's just the nostalgia in me as a fan, but I'd feel good about rewarding some of our core guys with long term deals as opposed to getting a bunch of new guys at key spots. I just wanna be able to find another pass rusher or two opposite Landry and add some more speed to our team as a whole through the draft, but I wanna keep as much of our core unit together as possible.

32 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I wouldn't call that offseason boring personally. If anything I'd be excited to bring back core pieces that had us one game away from the Super Bowl and I'd be excited to build off that with "OUR" guys. Maybe it's just the nostalgia in me as a fan, but I'd feel good about rewarding some of our core guys with long term deals as opposed to getting a bunch of new guys at key spots. I just wanna be able to find another pass rusher or two opposite Landry and add some more speed to our team as a whole through the draft, but I wanna keep as much of our core unit together as possible.

Well most people want new toys regardless if they are an improvement or not. Just something new and shiny!  lol

what do people think of Bud Dupree as a Free Agent OLB target?
And Alex Smith (if healthy) as a backup

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well most people want new toys regardless if they are an improvement or not. Just something new and shiny!  lol

what do people think of Bud Dupree as a Free Agent OLB target?
And Alex Smith (if healthy) as a backup

I think we draft our backup. Less money, gives us a chance to develop a young QB, just makes sense.

If we’re signing a pass rusher, I want a legit No. 1. We have pretty good depth, we just don’t have a second starter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

relax dude. you're getting to be a broken record. it's an internet forum, man!! we all just want to see the titans win. a benefit of being a fan is getting to talk crazy at one point or another.

I think people need to realize there is no way all four of the free agents we have that are marquee (Tannehill, Henry, Conklin and Ryan) will all be back. No way I see that happening unless one takes a discount.

To me I like Logan Ryan but the fact is we got three high paid players in the secondary already and Adoree Jackson is going to get his money soon. I just don't see Ryan being brought back at the money he will want. For everyone saying cut Butler I would rather have Buter tbh because he is a far better outside corner. I wouldn't want to spend huge money on a great slot corner. Spend the money on a pass rusher instead.

Conklin would be great to have to solidify the o line. However, if he wants top dollar can you justify that with what Lewan and Saffold are making already? I think the case can be made more for Conklin than Ryan and would love to have Conklin back. Titans for years have had two premium bookend tackles and would love to see that continue.

Henry was the reason we won two playoff games and is a big part of this team and unless the philosophy changes is the engine of the entire offense. As Henry went so did the Titans. However, i would be worried to give him top dollar for long term with the miles he already has on him. He also has not always consistently dominated. RBs are less important than offensive line but Henry means a lot to this team so bring him back and franchise tag if necessary.

Tannehill is a complete wild card to me. Some quality QBs hitting free agency. Do we think Tannehill is a top 10 QB in the NFL? Cause he may get paid like one and not sure he is worth that. The truth about Tannehill will come out next year either in Tennessee or another team. Tannehill is the one who scares me the most. He was average his whole career then elite for us over the 2nd half? Which is reality? If this past year we get a bargain. If prior years and we re-sign we got hosed and will be in a tough spot for years.

IMO you re-sign Conklin for sure as a great O line can make RBs and QBs look good especially RBs as this line seems geared toward. Then re-sign Tannehill but if he wants too much Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater and heck even Winston are viable options. Henry is the heart and soul of this team he would be up next or be franchised.

To me OT and QB are more critical positions than RB or CB.

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

@KingTitan @deeluxx3 I wasn't even making fun of anyone I was being serious. I just happened to pick out all of the attention grabbing players we could get, not all of them I think are poor decisions (Clowney).

You all too defensive lmao. 

Oh, I thought my post showed I wasn't being defensive or too serious. 
I mean I get what you saying. That is why I posted after that saying that the off-season could satisfy some people by getting all new shiny players like Clowney and Brady. 

It's all good. I'm at the best place I've been in seasons. lol Not being defensive. 

• Like 1

Also, I'd sound a lot less like a broken record if my opinion wasn't so much in the minority. I can't post an opinion without 3 people responding because they don't like it. No reason why I can't tell each one of them why they're wrong 😂 (in my mind lol). Not anyone's fault, that's just how it is when most people oppose your opinion. Everyone agreeing on the same thing is no fun anyway.

People were saying the same thing to me about Mariota last year. I was getting on everyone's nerves because I was being a turd in the punchbowl.

Whether I'm on the right side or not this time, it's the same principle where a bunch of people oppose a few so I end up regurgitating the same response to a different person.

Edited by TitanSS

If we let Tannehill, who just had the best season of any QB in Titans history (could argue McNair’s MVP season obviously) walk in order to sign a washed QB in his mid-40s, we deserve everything that happens to us. 

This idea that we have this system that we can plug anyone into is hilarious. Our route concepts are still bad and routinely require difficult throws into tight windows and we’re talking about a noodle-armed, ultra conservative, ancient QB. Or Dalton, a noodle-armed, past his prime QB. Or Rivers, a noodle-armed, washed QB.

I guess I’m just lost. We finally get very good QB play and a productive offense and everyone is just cool with the idea that we restart our search for a QB or add someone that we’ve actively disliked for two decades that is obviously regressing hard. It’s fascinating to me.

• Like 3